Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

must read before making a topic New Topic Guidelines (MUST READ BEFORE MAKING A TOPIC)

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Starting in October, we’ve decided that all new topics must be approved of by mods. We are putting this in place because we want topics to be well-structured and easily accessible to those reading about the subject of the thread for the first time. This is already in place for people making their first post on the website, but we’ve noticed that some other topics even by people who have posted before are not very well structured and not informative. Also, you must be willing to update the first post of the thread from time to time if anything new happens. 

All threads posted in this forum will be looked at by moderators and then moved to their appropriate sections. Thanks so much!

Criteria for making a thread on someone:

• Must know who they are (For example, no "Who is this" posts- can ask here instead)
  • They must have over 10,000 followers on any one social media (Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Twitch…)
    • This is to prevent against vendetta and self-posting
  • Must be over 16 years old
  • Must supply links to all of their social media
  • Must include relevant tags. Please choose tags from this list.
  • Summary of the person (History online, relevant information)
  • Any evidence of snowflakery (eg. Photoshopping, scamming, etc.)  (not required, but preferred)
  • Must be in an easily readable format.
    • Bullet points and spoilers are your friend, especially if listing many pictures.
    • Spoiler images that are nsfw in nature
  • Cannot be your first post, and your account must be in good standing.
    • Must have had an account for a week
    • Must have at least 5 posts
    • Must have a reputation of at least 25
    • Exceptions can be made, but you must message a mod about it.

Examples of How Topics Should Look:

Posted

Question, do these guidelines only apply for posting somebody in the Snowflakes section or does this apply for Online Personalities as well? Just to clarify. Thanks :)

spinning_around_in_segway.thumb.gif.9fef

Posted

Hope this will work! Fingers crossed!

Posted (edited)

@House,

We're going to do this for all threads now just so they're less confusing to read through, more informative, and to discourage self-posting. We really want to discourage topics like this and have more topics look like this or this. I think if topics are reviewed prior to posting, they will overall be more high-quality and be more easily accessible to people reading it for the first time. It's also a bit hard for mods when there is a situation involving self-posting, and the topic itself is badly made and it's harder to find information on the person. 

We've also noticed a lot that most people who make a topic as one of their first posts often either do not know how to make one, are self-posting, or it's a vendetta. So yeah we hope that approving topics before letting them go up will overall make PULL better and more accessible. 

Edited by mahoushojo

Posted

hey love, I'm really sorry as I didn't read this beforehand. I very recently made a new account , liar, and made a new topic post after 2 posts and I have 0 reputation. Is it okay? It's my second account... and obviously here I have more than 25 reputation and 5 posts and have been here for a while. Is this an exception? 

Posted

hey love, I'm really sorry as I didn't read this beforehand. I very recently made a new account , liar, and made a new topic post after 2 posts and I have 0 reputation. Is it okay? It's my second account... and obviously here I have more than 25 reputation and 5 posts and have been here for a while. Is this an exception? 

Sorry, as per pull rules, you are only allowed to have one account.

Posted

@Nyx thank you :)! I forgot rip.. I won't be using it anymore ty

Posted

I just have a question to confirm something--so, we can create a thread on someone even if they have no history of showing signs of snowflakery, and we can just create a thread on somebody for the sake of opening a discussion on them? Hopefully my question makes sense.

Posted

I just have a question to confirm something--so, we can create a thread on someone even if they have no history of showing signs of snowflakery, and we can just create a thread on somebody for the sake of opening a discussion on them? Hopefully my question makes sense.

My intention for PULL is to be a place where we can freely talk about nasty behavior / scamming / etc. My goal is to encourage substantive discussion and I'd like to move away from nitpicking and bland content. If there is nothing to discuss about a person, there is no reason to have a thread about them.  

Posted

I have a question:

Would it be okay to open a General beauty guru thread? (kind of like the general jvloggers and kvloggers thread?) There are quite some controversies at the moment. Like with Kathleen Lights (just stumbled over it coincidentally) and with Danielle Mansutti and I'm sure some others. I think having threads for all the individuals would be too much?

Posted

@Risa,

That's fine! You can just tag it as "group discussion" when making the post. Also just provide links and a basic summary of the examples of beauty gurus in the first post, as it helps with thread activity and makes it easier for mods to tell what is going on if there is ever a problem in the thread. 

Posted

Since this looks like the place to ask.

Would it be okay to create a group discussion to discuss about people who butchered their faces with plastic surgery?

Posted

@echo,

Yeah sure that's also okay. As long as it has examples and tagged appropriately it's fine.