New Topic Categories

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently, we have been thinking about changing the snowflakes categories on PULL. So, instead of there just being Online Personalities and Snowflakes, there would be more specific categories for just Instagrammers, Vloggers, K-pop general, etc. Alternatively, they could be based around “Photoshoppers,” “Scammers” or other categories specifically based on what that person has done to make them a snowflake.

If you prefer either method of naming the categories, have suggestions for specific categories, category names, or have any other ideas, please tell us here~ :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

It would be nice to have a Scammers section just to set them apart from non-scammy snowflakes.

But, it would be a bit of a blunder with Instagrammers since everyone seems to have an instagram now and many can also be Vloggers or Koreaboos/Weaboos/Photoshoppers/etc, so maybe it's better to use something like Insta-Models as a separate category and then the rest will go to the respective Koreaboos/Weaboos/Photoshoppers

Also, how about a category specifically for Youtubers, maybe with subcategories for Vloggers General, In Japan, In Korea, Beauty Gurus, Stupid Prank Channels, Gamers, Eaters etc.

Posted

I agree with papercrane; so many people have all social media, but knowing whether they're a scammer or photoshopper would be easier to organize.

Posted

I'm in favor of a Photoshoppers section, because when I would post people like that in the snowflakes section, people would respond that they're not really snowflakey for editing their pics, and the thread would end up moved to the Online Personalities section. 

like, I can see where they're coming from, but honestly putting those ppl in the Online Personalities section doesn't feel appropriate either if they're just an eceleb known for their selfies.

Also in favor of a Youtubers/Vloggers, and Scammers sections. 

Though I'm sort of wondering if breaking down categories like this is necessary considering the amount of threads that are created per month. Certainly it would help tidy up the Online Personalities and Little Snowflakes subforums. I'm just concerned that we'll end up with 7-10 subforums with 2-3 active threads (and a lot of dead threads). Could be wrong in that assessment though.

Posted

I am sort of conflicted on this. I love the idea because I feel like it would suit my way of browsing the forum better, but I am unsure how it would be for the other users.

If we split up the forum into more categories I feel that for me it would be easier to comment on certain threads. Many threads that I've been following for a while are often pushed back to the second page and then forgotten. I think that with more categories it would be possible that certain threads would stay active longer. Many people just don't go past the first page of the given category and this may aid this issue. 

On the other hand, it could have the adverse effect since people would naturally gravitate to a certain category. It may be that certain threads with great potential could die simply because most people have little interest in that specific category.

Furthermore, some snowflakes would be difficult to categorise (though she has her own subforum, take Wylona for example: she is a photoshopper, scammer, god knows what else) and so placing them in a specific category may prove difficult.

To conclude, I like the idea however it is not certain how it would work in practice; it could have positive effects and improve the organisation of the forum in general, however it may decrease traffic to certain threads due to lesser interest in the specific category. The only way to actually tell, really, is to try it out.

Posted

Personally for me I LOVE the idea of sub categories. I just love the whole idea of more "specific" categories. I would find this tool to be very useful because just a few weeks ago I was trying to browse for more people to "gossip" about, but gave up because there are to many pages. I feel like with only 2 categories everything kinda piles up?? It will make browsing easier and save us a bunch of time trying to read so many summaries just to find out this person isn't that "juicy" Plus It will also help narrow down why exactly this or that person belongs on this website. 

I do question (like mentioned before) how we would categorize people with multiple personalities? Maybe have a category for people who do multiple things? 

Also I noticed that people mostly come here for the "bigger" snowflakes like Venus, koti etc they bring in so much traffic that we should still keep them on the first page of PULL even if we do add them  into sub categories. I think we should give it a try! 

Posted

I think there should still be a top category for the most problematic online personalities. Or at least major snowflakes be pinned at the top of their respective category. Imo there's a lot of cross-over between IG, YT, photoshoppers, and "transracial" snowflakes. So I wouldn't know how you would sort them out based on those characteristics.

Posted (edited)

I think we should do thread tags instead of sub-categories. Many online personalities manage more than a YouTube channel or an Instagram page, and many have more than one flaw.

I feel that having more categories will only over complicate things and leave the forum looking like a mess with a lot of threads having derailing replies that are nothing but "Isn't this person more of an instagrammer than a youtuber?" and "this person should be in the scammer sub-category instead of the photoshoping one."

Tags are very useful but they're so underused in the forums, promoting the use of them instead of focusing on creating more categories is the way to go in my opinion. Keep the snowflakes separate from the online personalities that have few faults while making use of tags. Much cleaner, more effective.

Edited by Kirishima

Posted

It is true that we could go at it two ways : adding subsections for (for exemple) Vloggers, Korea fans and exclusively Instagram flakes PLUS putting tags for their flaws and adding a tag cloud at the top of the forum. It would help organise the Little Snowflakes and Online Personalities sections and make the browsing by interest faster at the same time (and make the purpose of the forum more obvious with the tags clearly visible).

Posted

I agree with Kirishima because a lot of these people can fit into multiple categories like some of them are both Photoshoppers + Scammers, or Koreaboo + Youtuber. I think tags would be a lot better like having the categories up on the top but also having the regular forum threads below the categories. If people want to minimize the options, then they can click on the tagged categories and look up which people belong in each category. I hope that makes sense!

Posted

Maybe if there's an overlap in categories, they would just be relegated to the Little Snowflakes section? 

I like the idea of making better use of the tag system on here regardless of whether or not we decide to make more categories. But it requires going back into each thread and adding appropriate tags. Which either the OP of each thread will have to fix, or mods will have to add them themselves. 

Posted

I think I got one section. "Butthurt" entailing every snowflake that gets called out and gets really aggressive sending their minions on people as a way to bully them and.. I don't if it's a harsh word, but, destroy them. 

Posted

It's very interesting to have different categories!!

Like "Cosplayer", "YouTuber"... depending on the kind of content they create.

It would make things much more clear!!

Posted

I'm very partial to the idea of a more prevalent tagging system rather than rigid categories. Sort of the way tumblr tags work, where there's a directory by tags, and one thread might have more than one tag, both for their main platform/medium and for their snowflake status/reason. However, what I think would be very beneficial, at least for people who use PULL the way I do, is to have a site-wide section organized by most recently updated. Although I usually stay in Little Snowflakes, if I see a topic constantly at the top, I'm more likely to binge it and get involved, which gets me into new terrain (which I like). 

Posted

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but would it be possible to move those tags after the thread name? I don't mind the tags itself, but it's a bit irritating to scroll through the threads now because the tag is first and it makes it difficult to spot the actual thread name. Maybe that's just me, idk.

More like that:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-19 um 20.05.19.jpg