• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

PULL Rules

34 posts in this topic

Posted

So is this old rule no longer in effect? It seems like a good one to avoid double topics. 

Do not create new topics before you have used the “search“ function and have made sure that a similar thread does not already exist.

Posted

So is this old rule no longer in effect? It seems like a good one to avoid double topics. 

It very much still is a rule.   I guess we just figured people would use common sense in that area lol. Just an oversight.  I will let @Nyx know!

Posted

Still in effect. Rules are edited. Thanks. 

Posted

So, I'm younger than the minimum age, but I signed up before the minimum allowed age was changed to 18, am I allowed to stay here, or...?

If I'm not, I understand, and I'll leave, I just want to know for sure.

Posted

i'm actually wondering what's going to happen to all the users who are currently underage. are they just automatically banned?

i guess i would have mixed feelings if i were underage but since im 18 i've come to like the rule because i feel like it avoids a good amount of rule breaking. younger people seem to be the ones who derail, troll, or talk about their personal life more (although i could be wrong, this is just anecdotal). it's the same rule at lolcow, and it would make sense due to the possible nsfw content, but the maturity difference between a 16 and 18 year old is actually quite different. (For those who don't trust me on this, look back at your 16 year old self when you turn 18, you'll understand me completely).

Posted

i'm actually wondering what's going to happen to all the users who are currently underage. are they just automatically banned?

i guess i would have mixed feelings if i were underage but since im 18 i've come to like the rule because i feel like it avoids a good amount of rule breaking. younger people seem to be the ones who derail, troll, or talk about their personal life more (although i could be wrong, this is just anecdotal). it's the same rule at lolcow, and it would make sense due to the possible nsfw content, but the maturity difference between a 16 and 18 year old is actually quite different. (For those who don't trust me on this, look back at your 16 year old self when you turn 18, you'll understand me completely).

Even though I'm under the minimum age, I have to agree, I think it's a pretty good rule, too.

I don't think I've really done it yet on PULL, (if I have, I can't remember) but on other sites I use or used to use, occasionally I'd accidentally derail a thread, or say something that caused others to derail a thread.

I don't really talk about my personal life often, even to my friends, but I do often see others around my age doing it sometimes when they shouldn't or just don't really need to. Although, something I said in the Kanadajin3 Videos thread might be considered talking about my personal life, and it was where I'd said that when I was younger I used to want to be Japanese for reasons that seemed to maybe be the same reasons Mira wanted to, but now I just think that because I think growing up in a different country + culture would be interesting.

Posted

So, I'm younger than the minimum age, but I signed up before the minimum allowed age was changed to 18, am I allowed to stay here, or...?

If I'm not, I understand, and I'll leave, I just want to know for sure.

I think a viable suggestion would be to grandfather in those who are underage and were members prior to this change. Hopefully there's some way of auditing that. :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Hello there, 2 things I wanted to ask about the rules. First of all, I'm kinda new here but I was wondering if its alright that I'm here (because I am a guy) and I just want to make sure that this isn't a girls only webpage. If it is I'll leave peacefully, just give me the word. Seccond I am 17 but I will be 18 in April, I was wondering if that affected whether I could be here. If not, totally fine, again I will leave peacefullt just give me the word. 

Posted

Hello there, 2 things I wanted to ask about the rules. First of all, I'm kinda new here but I was wondering if its alright that I'm here (because I am a guy) and I just want to make sure that this isn't a girls only webpage. If it is I'll leave peacefully, just give me the word. Seccond I am 17 but I will be 18 in April, I was wondering if that affected whether I could be here. If not, totally fine, again I will leave peacefullt just give me the word. 

I'm sure you're allowed here. There seems to still be many teenage members despite the rules, and it seems to be as long as you don't act ignorant or annoying to the adult members, that it's not a problem. Also, we have many senior(or what I consider senior) members who are actually males. PULL may seem girly, though there was actually a thread about members wanting more guys to join the site. People typically paint PULL as being all girls, because people like to think girls are the only ones who gossip, but guys also gossip too despite what people think.

Posted

*facepalm* Let me just be straight - no, no one under 18 is allowed. If you out yourself as under 18 you will be banned. So maybe use common sense.............

Posted

*facepalm* Let me just be straight - no, no one under 18 is allowed. If you out yourself as under 18 you will be banned. So maybe use common sense.............

Thank you for being more clear on this. I wasn't sure since a lot of users were still asking about the addition of the rule. Sorry for making the assumption in my previous post though!

Posted

Point 1 & 2 make the least sense. You're allowed to be part of the community if you're over 18, yet it's okay for said over 18s to talk about those who are 16+. If the site law is going to be for a mature audience, the minimum age for a snowflake/personalities should be 18 as well. Fair game.

Otherwise, I'm all for the new rules.

Posted

Point 1 & 2 make the least sense. You're allowed to be part of the community if you're over 18, yet it's okay for said over 18s to talk about those who are 16+. If the site law is going to be for a mature audience, the minimum age for a snowflake/personalities should be 18 as well. Fair game.

Otherwise, I'm all for the new rules.

Tagging @Nyx because they're her rules and she'd be able to explain her reasoning better than any of us could :). (Also sorry for weird format text... on phone and can't seem to fix it).