• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Weekly Site Changes Announcement Thread

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone. Here I will be making a new post every week that I keep updated to let you know what changes have been made to the site. If you have any feedback, please post it in the Make Your Voice Heard forum. Thanks!

August 14th-August 21st:

- Announced new staff: @BonBonChucked @redbowkiki @Biscuit @Pixel

- Changed "Forum Suggestions & Gripes" name to "Make Your Voice Heard"

- Made "Entertainment" forum a subforum of "General Discussion" 

Posted

August 21st-August 28th:

- Turned on manual user authentication. This week has had a bunch of spam bots. I've been working on a way to prevent them, but for now this will be the solution.

- Currently looking at upgrading PULL's server to minimize downtime. Users have mentioned slow load times, so that's being addressed.

Posted

August 28th-September 4th:

- Relatively quiet week. I've mostly just been verifying users who have been registering. Manual user authentication is still long, still looking at more sophisticated ways to fix this issue. 

- Moved Sarah McDaniel's thread moved from Online Personalities to Little Snowflakes

Posted

September 4th-September 11th:

-Turned off manual user authentication, trying different spam prevention tactics

-Removed global reputation tracking per user. (Mods can still see total reputation, users cannot) 

-Removed "Top posters" widget from front page

-Removed status updates from front page

-Changed thread pagination (it uses AJAX now and switching thread pages should be MUCH faster)