• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

KotaKoti ( Dakota ) GENERAL thread

125 posts in this topic

Posted

Which brings me to think that they're doing it for the fun of it; being besties with Taylor, that is.

Apart from publicity points and wanting to become more popular, I think they find it entertaining to "tease" Dakota in a passive-aggressive way... sort of like rubbing it in her face. I never knew they were that catty, though. That's mean.

Posted

@Cherry Cherry Boom Boom I feel like when this happened it was over looked because everyone at that time was talking about koots. This makes me wonder how genuine their friendships are, and also explains why Dakota never befriended any Jvloggers. ( who knows if the talk shit behind Taylor's back since Tay also was caught using AE and had plastic surgery aswell ) 

I feel like there is missing context though, like why would they act like Kota has no rights to defend herself ( even if their mockery was dead on about the aftereffects ) I think I'ma check to see what else may have been said ! ~ 

Posted (edited)

@Cherry Cherry Boom Boom I feel like when this happened it was over looked because everyone at that time was talking about koots. This makes me wonder how genuine their friendships are, and also explains why Dakota never befriended any Jvloggers. ( who knows if the talk shit behind Taylor's back since Tay also was caught using AE and had plastic surgery aswell ) 

I feel like there is missing context though, like why would they act like Kota has no rights to defend herself ( even if their mockery was dead on about the aftereffects ) I think I'ma check to see what else may have been said ! ~ 

Regarding the branching out and creating friendships thing. Dakota isn't known to be self-confident exactly. Being around other people and especially j-vloggers would be very stressfull for a person with a forged internet persona that is shooped to hell and back. Just imagine: Pictures that couldn't be edited, angles that wouldn't be flattering, her voice and manerisms that would  have to be high-pitched and kawaii-like all the time... She would never truly relax. It  would distract her from her main goal and future course. That's why we haven't seen her with anyone all this time. Plus, imho, Kota isn't very social and that's for her family to take the blame, really. We know her past, we've seen her in those atrocious Kaka videos, an underaged, skrawny kid with the mouth of a street rat.

In addition to these, from what I can understand about the jvloggers above as people and girls whose lives are online mostly, they just come off as petty and mean-spirited. Just for the heck of it, as old Kota might have said. Bashing, mean gossiping and attacking a person collectively can sometimes reinforce a person's sense of importance and validity. That they trully are somebody and that they belong. Furthermore to ensure that they are not gonna be attacked themselves, so they point their finger to the chosen victim. But indeed they found out about AE and that was the only good thing. At last, they are a closed, tight community, they behave like a group of ants sometimes.

I'm pretty sure this happens even today, and they even backstab eachother as well as Taylor. All this fake glitzy-girly-innocent gimmick is easier to see through, when a person's true identity is trully mean and vile.

(Additionally, this is a very long text) 

If people ask, I might put it under a spoiler...Just some collective thoughts I had tho, that's all.

Edited by Stocking
Adjusted some stuffs

Posted

I know this is random but I really miss Kooters' old style, back before Japan. Before her first TV appearance. She looked sooooo good! I remember thinking "wow I've never seen someone so beautiful", and how it inspired me to take better care of myself. I know she looks nothing like that, but honestly, if she's going to edit, I wish she'd go back to her old style. Her new style is so meh

Posted

Why doesn't she finally give up on that horribly overdrawn upper lip...? It looks horrible. And I guess red isn't exactly her hair colour. (The dress is really pretty though, wish they'd sell those overseas)

CoSppvNXEAAL7zZ.jpg

Posted

Why doesn't she finally give up on that horribly overdrawn upper lip...? It looks horrible. And I guess red isn't exactly her hair colour. (The dress is really pretty though, wish they'd sell those overseas)

CoSppvNXEAAL7zZ.jpg

She looks so pretty here ... :alpacacrush:

Posted

CoSppvNXEAAL7zZ.jpg

She should go for this photoshop style

Posted

I know this is random but I really miss Kooters' old style, back before Japan. Before her first TV appearance. She looked sooooo good! I remember thinking "wow I've never seen someone so beautiful", and how it inspired me to take better care of myself. I know she looks nothing like that, but honestly, if she's going to edit, I wish she'd go back to her old style. Her new style is so meh

I doubt she will ever return to her old style. She is after all, a contract model/"talent" for Bravo and she has to follow the company's wants to save her career. Since Bravo is a business, they have to follow suite with the trends & whatever the fashion market demands to survive; Dakota also has to follow inline.  

A part of me misses 2011, when she was Tumblr-famous & before she went grotesquely pseudo-kawaii. She looked so human back then, despite her foul-mouthed & crass personality. She was simply a photogenic pretty girl, with minimal makeup, less photoshop & other enhancements. But after I found out more about her, along with her sister (Kirsten) & her family's strange behavior, it was just so disheartening. It was all a facade for gaining fame & fortune. What even amazes me is that the entire family's entrenchment in & outright audacity to continue with all the lies and even forging internet crusades against the critics that outed them. They've really encapsulated their lives in a bubble made of plastic lies. 

Posted (edited)

Okay so I've known of Dakota for a while (I swear she had a general thread? Unless I commented in her photo thread) and I thought to check back because people keep saying that Taylor looks a lot like Dakota or is trying to copy her; I personally think that Taylor looks nothing much like her though she did go through a phase where she did the whole 'alien baby' style but since she has been vlogging more she appears to have stopped editing (at least not as much, though she still copies the overdrawn lip now ugh).

I just checked Dakota's IG and WTF IS GOING ON WITH HER????

She looks sick and nothing like she used to look like so either she is doing some insane photoshopping or she has had surgery multiple times. I know she shooped before but this is a whole different level! Also looks like she photoshops her boobs in some photos to look bigger, but usually it is just this gangly, dead-eyed doll look and tbh it looks hideous and creepy.

Edited by TheObserver

Posted

Okay so I've known of Dakota for a while (I swear she had a general thread? Unless I commented in her photo thread) and I thought to check back because people keep saying that Taylor looks a lot like Dakota or is trying to copy her; I personally think that Taylor looks nothing much like her though she did go through a phase where she did the whole 'alien baby' style but since she has been vlogging more she appears to have stopped editing (at least not as much, though she still copies the overdrawn lip now ugh).

She looks sick and nothing like she used to look like so either she is doing some insane photoshopping or she has had surgery multiple times. I know she shooped before but this is a whole different level! Also looks like she photoshops her boobs in some photos to look bigger, but usually it is just this gangly, dead-eyed doll look and tbh it looks hideous and creepy.

Stare at that left eye for just a little too long and I swear it looks like its melting off of her face... ( probably just the eyebag doing that, but still ) 

Honestly I was binge watching all of Kota's videos yesterday.. I can't lie, I love her Youtube videos. They're clean,short and very simple. Kota if you lurk, please do Youtube again ! Taytor's videos are poop and too long,boring and tedious :( 

Posted

I agree! she looks ghastly! :lamasad:

Posted

omg me too! she was the original after all. part of me wants her to fight for her crown..:P she's the reason taylor R and others started changing there looks to model in japan. or atleast it seems that way.... Dakota is slowly disapearing away. i dont think she models very much and she is barely making videos (which is not a good idea, she could be making more of a fan base) .............*sigh* :alpacaworry2:

Posted (edited)

Saw this on Twitter. Seems like her photoshop skills are starting to go around Japanese Twitter too. :harharplz:

Edited by sleepymimi
adding a screencap was pointless lol

Posted

Saw this on Twitter. Seems like her photoshop skills are starting to go around Japanese Twitter too. :harharplz:

What're those white rings around her eyes???