• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Kanadajin's visa status

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone else seen this? It made me straight up think about Mira. I imagine it's a hit under the belt for her if she sees this.

Personally, I agree with Micaela on this.

Lol she did watch it and this is her reply to one of the comments~

56d7be7fc7dcc_ss(2016-03-03at01.30.32).t

Posted

Not bad. Her spelling is much better here, she must have paid attention to all the little red squiggles under the words this time. :D

Posted

Wow, i'm impressed! :D

Posted

A bit OT, but Mikaela has tons of Japanese viewers and some of them are mad at anyone who dares suggest that Japan is not the perfect rainbow country for foreigners to live in. Like "I'm so disappointed in you because you won't become a citizen just because of the people around you." and "Well is the US really so international?!" etc. I tried participating (with an account I normally don't use) and the amount of "you are only imagining things!" is mind boggling. I think what she says is absolutely right, even if you become a citizen Japanese people will not feel any different about you, you'll still get handed the shitty English programme at Disney without anyone asking which you prefer, so why throw away the passport of your country of origin when you could just get PR? (Plus my passport is apparently the best there is, so...)

Posted

Oh, how nice that Mira conveniently watched the video and came across that exact comment to remind everyone she's cool with different opinions! ;) 

Posted

she must have missed the part where the girl said "having japanese citizenship does not make you japanese", shes missing one ofthe main arguments.

Posted

she must have missed the part where the girl said "having japanese citizenship does not make you japanese", shes missing one ofthe main arguments.

I noticed this too. Miranda is the fail and cringe Queen. Even watching this video she didn't get or refuses to acknowledge that she will NEVER EVER, NOT IN THIS LIFE, BE JAPANESE, but she can be a Japanese passport holder. Her nationality can be Japanese but SHE WILL NEVER BE JAPANESE due to heritage, birth and more. She's just a sad a weeb of Canadian birth and NON Japanese descent. Embrace it Miranda. People will like you better.

OT: but I like that girl Micaela. That was a great video from someone with a clear perspective and sense of self  and pride in her heritage.  Thanks for showing her to me. 

Posted

It's interesting to see how she seems to seek out any negative comments about her on the internet...

Posted

the 3 type of gaijin :haiplz:

Posted

New to forum, first comment.

In reference to Kanadajin's (first?) marriage, I've tried google but can't seem to find a straight and clear answer on this but does anyone know if Japan allow spouses to remain on visas in cases of domestic violence? I've heard in some countries they may not necessarily revoke spousal visas if for example the spouse passes away or if it's a case of domestic violence. 

Posted

On Japantimes, there's an article that says

If you are a foreign resident with a spouse visa, separation from the Japanese spouse for six months or more is usually sufficient grounds for revocation of the visa. However, domestic violence is considered a legitimate reason for separation and a spousal visa would not be revoked in this kind of situation.

Or, on immi-moj.go.jp

Q18: I heard that even in the case where a foreign national got married with a Japanese national and has been staying in Japan with the status of residence of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National," but has failed to continue to engage in the activity as a spouse for six months or more after having got divorced from the Japanese national, if he/she has a justifiable reason, his/her status of residence shall not be revoked. Is that true?

A: Even in the case where a foreign national staying in Japan with the status of residence of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National" (excluding a child of a Japanese national or a child adopted by a Japanese national) or "Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident" (excluding a child born as a child of a permanent resident in Japan) has failed to continue to engage in the activity as a spouse for six months or more, if he/she has a justifiable reason for staying in Japan without engaging in the said activity, he/she is not subject to the revocation of the status of residence.
Whether a foreign national has a justifiable reason shall be determined specifically on a case-by-case basis. For example, a foreign national may be deemed to have a justifiable reason in the following cases and he/she may not be subject to the revocation of the status of residence:
i. The case where a foreign national temporarily needs to evacuate or to be protected on the ground of violence from his/her spouse (so-called domestic violence)
ii. The case where a foreign national lives apart from his/her spouse due to an unavoidable reason, such as the need of child rearing, but share the same means of livelihood
iii. The case where a foreign national has been out of Japan over a long period with a re-entry permit (including a Special Re-entry Permit) due to a disease, etc. of his/her relative in his/her home country
iv. The case where a foreign national has been under mediation of a divorce or divorce action

Posted

Her spouse visa wasn't revoked immediatly, it stayed valid for half a year. The immigration office told her, staying up the whole year, which it was valid for, would be a grey area. Don't get in trouble and we won't bother you.

You also have to remember she wasn't even married for 3 months. She got her spouse visa in September and got a divorce in October. She wasn't in immediate danger as she already had moved out and visa-kun 1.0 agreed to the divorce. So she didn't really have a justifiable reason (thank you @cruelolive) to stay in Japan.

Posted

Interesting.  "I simply state that the language I speak at home is Japanese".  But you claim to live alone Miranda.  To whom would you be talking to at home?

Posted

Interesting.  "I simply state that the language I speak at home is Japanese".  But you claim to live alone Miranda.  To whom would you be talking to at home?

The unfortunate salaryman who she married for a visa, most likely.