Kanadajin's visa status

171 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So... Seeing that it's a much debated topic on PULL, I thought it deserved it's own thread. It's pretty hard to find any info on this matter in the General Kanadajin3 thread without sifting through pages of unrelated posts. Here goes nothing.

As many of you know, Mira has recently claimed that she has a PR (Permanent Residency) in Japan.

pr.thumb.png.81c1e89404b6ba1f2adc707bc3c

Which is impossible for a number of reasons, which I will list in the following.

You can not obtain a PR unless you are:

a) Married to a Japanese national for 3+ consecutive years (She got divorced in a couple of months)

b) Have been living and working in Japan for 10+ consecutive years (She has filled up 2.5-3 years at best)

c) Have been a Long Term Resident for 5+ consecutive years (She does not qualify)

I'd like to clarify that only people who are Japanese by descent who hold another country's passport (ex: Japanese-American), refugees, divorced foreign spouses who have a child with a Japanese national etc. can obtain permanent residency. Mira does not qualify for this.

Even if she did, she clearly stated that she moved to Japan in November 2011. Which makes her stay period a little shorter than 4 years. 

EDIT:  PenTen has informed me that time spent on the student & work holiday visas are not included in the necessary period of stay to obtain a Long Term Residency. Which probably brings her's down to an estimated guess of 2.5-3 years at best. (Assuming that she obtained an actual work visa after her student visa expired.)

2011.thumb.jpg.87e846dfe8968f93da800dd71

In the video, she states that she first travelled to Japan on a 6 month Working Holiday Visa in November 2011.

Later on, she obtained a spouse visa which was revoked due to the her early divorce.

shinpaigaijin.thumb.jpg.a405d100033da641

After that, she obtained a student visa. 

student_visa.thumb.jpg.28d5a7aed482b019a

EDIT: Rabbit has informed me that working part time with a student visa is possible. But hostess clubs are illegal. The fact remains that Mira was a hostess. You deduce the rest.

From that point on, I have absolutely no idea what became of her visa status. She has either obtained a legit working visa or has just renewed her student visa. But one thing I'm certain is that it's definitely not PR like she claims it to be.

Edited by mielikki

Posted

Tell the truth..shame the oni. <..<

Posted

Keep in mind that both time spent on working holiday, tourist, AND student visa don't count towards the requisite 5 years of living and working. How long was she going to school again? Usually they give you a year student visa to start out. So, that means potentially only THREE years or less spent in Japan count towards her PR.

Posted

It is actually legal to work on a student visa of you have the work permission up to 28 hours a week on your residents card and passport. Of course, sex related business and night work is forbidden. 

I got my work permission at the airport and my visa status is student here in Japan. 

Posted

Keep in mind that both time spent on working holiday, tourist, AND student visa don't count towards the requisite 5 years of living and working. How long was she going to school again? Usually they give you a year student visa to start out. So, that means potentially only THREE years or less spent in Japan count towards her PR.

She's been posting stuff about how immigration handles everything on a case by case basis and how everbody is different.

http://www.kanadajin3.com/index.php?cmd=liveinjapan&menu=spousevisa

I wonder if she has deluded herself into thinking that she can obtain a PR even though she's obviously not qualified for it.

It is actually legal to work on a student visa of you have the work permission up to 28 hours a week on your residents card and passport. Of course, sex related business and night work is forbidden. 

I got my work permission at the airport and my visa status is student here in Japan. 

PenTen & Rabbit Thanks for the info, adding it to the OP! 

Posted

----
"Teiju special long-term residence”  

Long Term Resident Visa is the status of residence granted by the Minister of Justice in consideration of each applicant’s situation.

Long Term Resident Visa does not have limitation on work

The majority of consultations regarding the visa application are by those with a status of residence of Spouse or Child of Japanese National.
They need the visa because they divorced their spouse.

Source: http://english.visajapan.jp/teiju.html   (Paid service for Visa application assistance)
-----
Definition (Seems to be the actual translated immigration laws, see source below):
Long-Term Resident: Those who are authorized to reside in Japan with a designation of period of stay by the Minister of Justice in consideration of special circumstances.
Source: http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/hourei/data/icrra.pdf
----

The only difference to Perm Res appears to be that this visa has a time limit (1 or 3 years?), after which one has to (re-)apply for an extension.

I am very sure she obtained this visa after her divorce (and most likely still has this). (See above post, the link to her blog, bottom part describes exactly this visa)

Also,  it is specifically referred to as a “special” kind of visa, as well as depending on the individual circumstances (case by case decision).
This would actually match up with the things Mira said over the last years afaik.
And since it has no work limitation, working as a Hostess should be fine with this (If her hostess work was after the divorce. I dont remember).

I agree that it seems to be impossible for her to get Perm Res at this point, unless there are holes in the law (which would be pretty secret, otherwise I’m sure you could find those easily on the internet).

Now... one could bend the truth a little (*cough*) and just say Long Term Res == Perm Res  (because, you know, the difference is “just” the time limitation).

Posted

-JD-

That's a good catch on the long term resident visa, but she doesn't qualify for that, either.

1. She said specifically that her visa never expires. That's not just slightly bending the name of the visa, it'd be outright lying if she had long-term res. So right away she's lying about SOMETHING.

2. "Therefore the applicant must prove the necessity of residence in Japan to apply for the visa." There is absolutely no necessity for her to live in Japan. That visa is used primarily for refugees or people of Japanese ethnicity but foreign nationality. She has nothing to contribute to society, no education, and doesn't work enough to support herself.

3. You have to submit "Documents certifying an annual income and tax payment. In cases where the person concerned doesn't have an income, documents certifying supporter's occupation and income." She's never worked enough to support herself here. Keep in mind she said she obtained this visa almost two years ago, as well, so even if now she theoretically makes the bare minimum with her waitressing job and youtube combined, two years ago her youtube views were pure shit and she wasn't even working. You don't get to just live in Japan because you like it. You have to prove that you can support herself, and there's not a time she's been here where she would have been able to do that. If she had a supporter, it would have to be a close family member in Japan. If she's not married then she doesn't have any. If she is married, then spouse visa.

4. If she had this visa she would be waiving it around proudly and shoving it in people's faces as proof that she can live here basically just because the Japanese government specially approved her, and it would be proof she divorced without remarrying. She would have made videos about it. She makes videos about the smallest details of her life down to her shit stains in toilets. This would actually be proof the government specially reviewed her and liked her so much they felt she should stay here. There's not a chance in hell she wouldn't have bragged about it to the world. She would have made a video titled I GOT A LONG TERM RESIDENT VISA! showing off her card, bragging about how special she is and that applications are reviewed case by case and her case got approved. She would have talked about the details and the process. If she actually got PERMANENT residence, she would have fucking flipped out all over youtube and twitter. But she never made an excited announcement anywhere. Like with all of her lies, she obviously hesitates in the beginning, testing the waters. If enough people accept it then she eventually feels confident enough to start shouting it everywhere. Remember her reaction video to Rachel? She never denied anything until much later when she finally felt like she had enough people on her side.

5. People close to her have repeatedly reaffirmed she's remarried. At the time Sharla broke off contact with her, she even said she was remarried and on a spouse visa. Since it's been a year and a half she may have divorced since then, but Mira's been claiming to have this perm res before all that happened. To my earliest knowledge she's been claiming to be permanent resident since early winter of 2014, and Sharla was her best friend up until that spring several months later. 

6. Her travel videos the winter of that fiasco, when she was claiming to be a permanent resident, were filmed in the same locations the leaked pictures of her second husband were taken. Again she may have divorced him since then, but it's highly unlikely considering she never would be able to afford her own apartment, much less EVER get a guarantor without a company behind her. She's not staying in some shitty student dorm. Her sized apartment in Tokyo is probably 140,000 yen a month at the least. You don't get approved for an apartment like that without a nice income behind you AND a guarantor on top of it.

She doesn't qualify for a work visa, I doubt she has enough money to be shelling out for another student visa, it's impossible for her to have permanent residence, she doesn't qualify for long-term residence... She's on a spouse visa. She's just lying about it because she doesn't want anyone to know she remarried. She's said several times when she marries again she wants to marry for love, so I doubt she even likes the guy, which makes sense why she wouldn't want to show him off in her videos. We all get to see how hard she's trying to sell sex appeal, too, and since she's trying so hard to pander to conservative old Japanese men, being an unmarried "sexycute" bullied Japan-savior white girl is part of the act. Honestly a lot of the female vloggers in Japan have been leaked to secretly being married, so she's not even unusual in that. Undoubtedly the single white idol girl thing is a big hit for Japanese men. In fact almost all the big gaijin youtubers in Japan are "single" white girls, other than Rachel and Jun, but they even said they don't have a big Japanese audience. And Mimei's Japanese audience seems mostly female. Mira should have never lied about it at all, and just ignored questions like the rest of them. I don't know why she feels she has to make things up when she could just not answer or say it's private.

Posted

@bdubs: Thanks for the long explanation :)

I do agree with you that she would at least mention it, but think of it that way: If she happened to lie about any circumstances in order to meet the requirements for whatever visa she has, she would not brag about it. (Since if anyone who dislikes her would report that, she would be in danger of deportation)

Regarding her reaction video to Rachel&Jun: I’m pretty sure she did deny the whole thing (I still remember the frequency and pronounciation of her “(I didn’t do anything) whatsoever” - it was pretty unnerving...), she didn’t name the specific accusations while denying in that video though if you meant that.

Anyways, I guess her type of Visa will remain a mystery than unless she names a visa which would actually be possible for her to obtain (I highly doubt it. At this point, this would require her to admit she lied about Perm Res... not gonna happen).

(From what I found I thought the Long Term Res would actually be a good fit :\ Bullocks.. )

Posted

In the end, I don't really think it matters what her visa status is. But that is my point of view.

I do, however, think that she is married. I think she is hiding it because she either (a) doesn't see the point on talking about it, (b) the guy doesn't want her to talk about him on the Internet, o (c) after the huge social blow out she wants to keep some stuff for her self -privacy. I believe she is married for many reasons, not just the visa, but she seems changed in a way that I can't really explained.

Plus, she has been talking about babies for some time now,so maybe she is thinking about starting a family (she is in the age in which most woman start thinking about this). She is also traveling more and more, and she seems less lonely than before, which can mean that she isn't working/working as hard anymore. She does, however, seem tired.

Posted (edited)

In the end, I don't really think it matters what her visa status is. But that is my point of view.

I do, however, think that she is married. I think she is hiding it because she either (a) doesn't see the point on talking about it, (b) the guy doesn't want her to talk about him on the Internet, o (c) after the huge social blow out she wants to keep some stuff for her self -privacy. I believe she is married for many reasons, not just the visa, but she seems changed in a way that I can't really explained.

Plus, she has been talking about babies for some time now,so maybe she is thinking about starting a family (she is in the age in which most woman start thinking about this). She is also traveling more and more, and she seems less lonely than before, which can mean that she isn't working/working as hard anymore. She does, however, seem tired.

I think she's remarried.  It's the only thing that makes sense in my mind.  I don't care that she's remarried, I just don't understand why she would lie.  If her husband doesn't want to be in videos, or even be talked about that's fine, but if it's a legit marriage, there's nothing wrong with mentioning you have a husband, you don't need to name him or anything.  It's just all strange.

I think if she wanted to keep some things private after all that drama, she shouldn't be answering questions that people ask her.  Don't answer visa questions, don't answer questions about your marital status.  When she does, people will start to realize that what she just said, doesn't match what she said 6 months ago, and then it snowballs into something that she indirectly started herself.

I'm not sure about the whole babies thing, I've only seen one video, where she talks about how she wouldn't teach her children English.  I think that was just because she knew it would cause drama and she feeds on drama, if she didn't, she wouldn't lie and wouldn't read these forums.  If she's remarried and it's for love, that's great, and I'm genuine happy for them both, but I can't shake the feeling if she is remarried it's all for a visa.

Edited by indigosquare

Posted

You guys should get a life. Talking shit to a person that probably don't even know you exist. Why don't you look in your own problems. She will be living in Japan and if she is deported why would you care? In al honstly you are just pathetic.

Posted

You guys should get a life. Talking shit to a person that probably don't even know you exist. Why don't you look in your own problems. She will be living in Japan and if she is deported why would you care? In al honstly you are just pathetic.

Well:

1) She reads this 

2) You took the time to look this site up, come here, and register, just to make this post.  So, you should take your own advice.

Posted

"In al honstly" we don't care that much, it's just entertaining. :haiplz:

Posted

I know I did a lot of reserch when I was thinking about going to Japan to become a Sumo Wrestler and all the Visa's and everything and it all confused me lol 

Posted

For sure she has a spouse visa. She won't talk about it because she shamed other foreigners for marrying just to get a visa. Then she said she was going to live in Japan the right way by getting a different type of visa. I screen capped it from her blog a long time ago on the old PULL. Idk if she deleted her blogs or what, but yea.