• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kanadajin3 General Kanadajin3 thread

9183 posts in this topic

Posted

BTW, I don't know if this is relevant information or not (probably not), but she showed up on a bus ad (as in; an ad that played on my city's bus tv) here where I live. They were talking about the dog that guards that little shop in Tokyo, and her video were featured. I cringed, but the people working behind that ad couldn't know any better, so I don't blame them lol

Posted

Did... did she actually make her head even smaller and longer in that purikura? Microcephaly isn't kawaii. O.o

Posted

I get the same feeling from looking at Mira that I get when I look at most of Kota's older stuff.

Posted

I'm curious.. and maybe this was talked about on the older forums, but I'm kinda new..

How is she even living in Japan, I don't mean financially, but she said in her "Why I love Japan" video in the comments, that she has been on a working holiday visa, spousal visa, student visa and is now a permanent resident.  It just seems like a lot of visa's to have been on for only 3 years of living there.. in addition I thought you could only get permanent residence if you've been living in Japan for 10+ years (unless you've been married for 3+ years, or something along those lines)

http://imgur.com/9zNGHSl The comment mentioned above.

Posted (edited)

I'm curious.. and maybe this was talked about on the older forums, but I'm kinda new..

How is she even living in Japan, I don't mean financially, but she said in her "Why I love Japan" video in the comments, that she has been on a working holiday visa, spousal visa, student visa and is now a permanent resident.  It just seems like a lot of visa's to have been on for only 3 years of living there.. in addition I thought you could only get permanent residence if you've been living in Japan for 10+ years (unless you've been married for 3+ years, or something along those lines)

The Immigration Bureau doesn't actually say the number of years required to obtain a PR visa, it's just a word of mouth kind of given rule that if you don't at least have a reasonable history of living in Japan (3+ years for spouses / 10+ for professionals) for reasons that would justify your PR, your application would be rejected. For citizenship, at least 5 consecutive years are required and K3 is really open about her intention of applying, assuming she is just waiting for her 5 year mark.

That being said, it's technically possible for her to have a PR visa. However, there is so much documentation required (financial stability is the biggest concern) and a guarantor to vouch for her, I wonder how she would be able to convince authorities that she is credibly able to support herself here.

EDIT: I got curious, here is an official document from the IB that discusses required years of residency for PR visa. They say in principle 10 years with 5 consecutive, but also clarify that in some circumstances, staying the max of a 3 year visa is also sufficient. In all, it's not very concrete and varies on circumstance. 
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099622.pdf

Edited by vivitan

Posted

Does she make any sort of money off of her YT videos?

Posted

I don't think she makes as much as she wants since a while ago she took to Twitter to complain about "famous YTers" who act like they don't make a ton of money but who she believes actually do. I would be really surprised to hear that between being a waitress and YT she is making a stable salary.

Posted

The Immigration Bureau doesn't actually say the number of years required to obtain a PR visa, it's just a word of mouth kind of given rule that if you don't at least have a reasonable history of living in Japan (3+ years for spouses / 10+ for professionals) for reasons that would justify your PR, your application would be rejected. For citizenship, at least 5 consecutive years are required and K3 is really open about her intention of applying, assuming she is just waiting for her 5 year mark.

That being said, it's technically possible for her to have a PR visa. However, there is so much documentation required (financial stability is the biggest concern) and a guarantor to vouch for her, I wonder how she would be able to convince authorities that she is credibly able to support herself here.

EDIT: I got curious, here is an official document from the IB that discusses required years of residency for PR visa. They say in principle 10 years with 5 consecutive, but also clarify that in some circumstances, staying the max of a 3 year visa is also sufficient. In all, it's not very concrete and varies on circumstance. 
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099622.pdf

Ah.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't think she makes as much as she wants since a while ago she took to Twitter to complain about "famous YTers" who act like they don't make a ton of money but who she believes actually do. I would be really surprised to hear that between being a waitress and YT she is making a stable salary.

It's so interesting though.  She said in another comment that her apartment cost her $900 a month.  She must be getting money from another source if she's not making much from YT.

Posted

I think that's why there are suspicions she has remarried or is receiving financial support by other means, I believe that was discussed on PULL 1.0 too. I recall hearing she didn't live alone in her apartment, assuming the other person may be her spouse. But as far as I know those are just rumors.

Posted

I think that's why there are suspicions she has remarried or is receiving financial support by other means, I believe that was discussed on PULL 1.0 too. I recall hearing she didn't live alone in her apartment, assuming the other person may be her spouse. But as far as I know those are just rumors.

Yeah, I remember hearing rumors that she remarried too, but I also remember in her video tour of her apartment, someone in the comments asked if she lived alone and she said yes.. of course she could be lying.

Posted

Yeah. Her finances are her own private thing though, she certainly isn't obliged to share that kind of information with anyone. I just think it's funny when she calls out other people regarding their finances when again, it's their own business how much money they are making. She just comes off as jealous.

Posted (edited)

Yeah. Her finances are her own private thing though, she certainly isn't obliged to share that kind of information with anyone. I just think it's funny when she calls out other people regarding their finances when again, it's their own business how much money they are making. She just comes off as jealous.

Yeah, thats true.  I didn't really mean to discuss her finances in detail or anything.

But yes, most of what she seems to do comes off as jealousy.

Edited by jessyrawr

Posted

I peronally don't think she got remarried. I think she got seperated from her husband physically and mentally, but not on paper. Making her keep that spouse visa of hers. But that's just another speculation lmao

Posted

Something interesting to note: Time spent on a student visa do not count towards the stay requirement for citizenship. So Mira would be deficient at least one year. Also, exceptions can be made for permanent residency, especially when you are employed here, but Mira meets none of the criteria that make her a valuable addition to the immigrant pool. Bratty Youtuber is not more important than the foreign factory workers, technicians or entrepreneurs. 

Posted

(Hey guys I found you again :D )

honestly I feel now and days that she will just revel that she has perm res because she never divorced her husband but just wanted the persona of a single person cause apparently "single get you more views". That's the only way she'll get it....no shade of course.