• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

PULL 3.0 questions, answers, etc

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I made a thread on PULL 1.0 with a bunch of answers of what was going on there, so I thought I'd reupload them here (incase anybody missed what happened). I've only edited the text to past tense, so that it will sound more relevant to now.

background info: the kiki and kota subforums were deleted, and later on freeforums removed the site without notifying us because they found out that we were planning to leave them because they a) censored us b) wouldn't fix the glitches that occured when the kiki and kota subforums were deleted

Question: 1) did freeforums remove the kota's and kiki's subforums because of kiki?
No. The person who removed the subforums was the former admin Kelly. We can see it in our adminstration logs.

2) Was Kelly hacked?
No. The IP that removed the subforums match with Kelly's IP.

3) Why did Kelly do this?
We do not know, as Kelly had been inactive for a very long time and didn't tell us anything when she returned. She removed all of her own posts, changed her username and removed the kota and kiki subforums without our consent, or without giving us a heads up. Kelly also deleted her e-mail, so we get an error when we try to contact her on it.

Some speculations are that kiki might have paid her to do this, and that kelly might have been the person kiki sued, however, these are only speculations and only Kelly knows why she did this. It could also be because Kelly seemed to like dakota.

4) Why did you not remove Kelly's admin rights when she went inactive?
I don't think anyone could've expected that she was this cray. She was a great admin when she was active (she even made 2 banners for us), and we were ok with her continuing to adminstrate the site with us if she were to decide to come back.

However, from now on, we have decided to not make anyone else an admin anymore. Inactive mods who do not communicate with us on the regular will also be demodded. This is for the forum's safety.

5) Aside from the kota and kiki subforums, why was the forum glitching?
The kiki and dakota subforums were the biggest subforums we had. It seems like freeforums system couldn't handle them being removed so easily, so the aftermath is that everything else is now out of order and when we try to edit things back into their rightful place, we get an error. We have contacted freeforums regarding this, but they are not being very helpful.

6) So what now?
Ever since freeforums decided to censor us by not letting us upload kikis and kotas ''copyrighted'' pictures, and have removed our threads without notice, and are pretty useless when it comes to fixes glitches: we have wanted to migrate to somewhere else.

Now, we have done that. With a tech savvy third party we have set up our own domain. We can unfortunately not answer questions like: who will pay for hosting the site, which host will you use, which country will it be hosted from, etcetc as we plan to make it untouchable. This means that kikis and kotas ''copyrighted'' stuff will be uploaded here, and we do not want to give out any kind of information that could potentionally make them take down the website. I hope you understand.

And yes, I repeat: you may upload all of kikis and kotas photos on this forum
desthBL.jpg?1

This thread might be updated, so check in from time to time.

Otherwise, if you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to go on the chat or pm an admin.

Edited by Kaninchen

Posted

I suggest that this time around, you make regular backups of the database. That way, even if it DOES get deleted again, you can still relaunch.

Posted

Everything is being backed up automatically :alpacawink:

Posted

Everything is being backed up automatically :alpacawink:

great! Nothing to fear then :)!

Posted

good to be back ... uhh .. again. LOL

Posted

Here we go.

Gosh I was like crazy when PULL 2.0 went down ahahah

Posted

Thanks for catching me up to speed. One of my good friends on here was DM'ing me on Instagram giving me a very brief summary of what happened to PULL. My mouth literally dropped. I was scared I wouldn't be able to post here again because for the past week or so I wasn't able to find the website.

Posted

lets pray this one stay up forever 

Posted

So glad it's back. I was freaked out too. Didn't wanna lose this place lol

Posted

Glad its back, I kind of freaked out when the second one went down lol 
Hope this one will last 

Posted

It should stay up this time, there isn't any reason for it to be reported or anything, so we're chill.

It'll take some time to get things rolling smoothly again but we can do it.

Posted

Oh well, after long time no see, had to recreat my account (old EeveeLass, new BaraBara!)

I hope it stays up this time.

At least I must say that I like this new version way better, so much cleaner.

Thanks, Admins!

Posted

Thank god its back up again /sniff sniff

Posted

I am glad PULL is back, I missed my daily laugh. Thanks to all the admins for being so reactive and all their work :alpacacrush:

Posted

Whoa, I missed this whole thing. Where was 2.0 hosted anyway?