• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Kanadajin's visa status

164 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Also, if she's still in her original marriage and he's on a business trip, it makes sense that they couldn't question him. As long as she keeps an job and her stuff together, it's just a LDR. Plenty of unhappy marriages out there.

Edit: But also, Youtubers in Japan get modeling and video and TV jobs easier in part because they are foreign. So, maybe not a visa through Youtube Japan but a Visa because their work involves the entertainment industry. Didn't someone say they saw Mira on TV? Like that. And Rachel modeled and you see tons of Youtubers doing that kind of stuff. 

SO maybe not directly through Youtube, but if she applied herself more on becoming a public figure, could she stay on that?

If I were her, I'd work on my language skills and really put myself out there. Then again, she's been there for a while. How far off is she from switching from/being able to switch to perm res?

(Assuming that she is, in fact, just waiting it out. Which is the only thing making any sense)

Edited by Eerie

Posted

Also, if she's still in her original marriage and he's on a business trip, it makes sense that they couldn't question him. As long as she keeps an job and her stuff together, it's just a LDR. Plenty of unhappy marriages out there.

Edit: But also, Youtubers in Japan get modeling and video and TV jobs easier in part because they are foreign. So, maybe not a visa through Youtube Japan but a Visa because their work involves the entertainment industry. Didn't someone say they saw Mira on TV? Like that. And Rachel modeled and you see tons of Youtubers doing that kind of stuff. 

SO maybe not directly through Youtube, but if she applied herself more on becoming a public figure, could she stay on that?

If I were her, I'd work on my language skills and really put myself out there. Then again, she's been there for a while. How far off is she from switching from/being able to switch to perm res?

(Assuming that she is, in fact, just waiting it out. Which is the only thing making any sense)

If she still was married to her first husband, she could've gotten it 2 years ago, as you can get it after 3 years of marriage. But didn't she get a divorce and everything?

Posted

Was there proof of that? Wasn't it her mother-in-law who convinced him to stay married? I can't see her getting another stranger to marry her son off to her? But even so she had to have married shortly after her first marriage ended right?

Posted

Was there proof of that? Wasn't it her mother-in-law who convinced him to stay married? I can't see her getting another stranger to marry her son off to her? But even so she had to have married shortly after her first marriage ended right?

With Mira there's no proof of anything. For all we know she could be in the country illegally. I only heard that she was married for all of 3 months or something, so she had lots of time. If anyone has sources/proof...

Posted

Well, after all the R+J drama went down, Youtubers came out and said Mira was remarried for spouse visa and I'm very partial to believe that. There isn't a short supply of desperate men willing to marry a gaijin girl. Given that she's still working full time I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage was more of a sham than legit but if they live together and have proof of pics and vids together, nothing the government can do. Just because she doesn't post him doesn't mean there aren't pics, joint bank accounts or whatever. Someone clearly follows her around when she's filming outside and takes her on trips to Sweden.

As for the entertainment visa, you would get that through an entertainment agency. Doing some modeling gigs here and there doesn't work because a company has to actually sponsor you for the visa. In Japan it's required for a company to get the WP and say "We're responsible for this gaijin." Unless she did a self-sponsor visa which requires a large cash amount you have to bring and invest in Japan to further its economy.

I.E I'm modeling at a car show on Saturday, that doesn't mean I can now call myself a model and ask the government for a WP. lol Most those gigs aren't filed with the government.

Posted (edited)

Well, after all the R+J drama went down, Youtubers came out and said Mira was remarried for spouse visa and I'm very partial to believe that. There isn't a short supply of desperate men willing to marry a gaijin girl. Given that she's still working full time I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage was more of a sham than legit but if they live together and have proof of pics and vids together, nothing the government can do. Just because she doesn't post him doesn't mean there aren't pics, joint bank accounts or whatever. Someone clearly follows her around when she's filming outside and takes her on trips to Sweden.

As for the entertainment visa, you would get that through an entertainment agency. Doing some modeling gigs here and there doesn't work because a company has to actually sponsor you for the visa. In Japan it's required for a company to get the WP and say "We're responsible for this gaijin." Unless she did a self-sponsor visa which requires a large cash amount you have to bring and invest in Japan to further its economy.

I.E I'm modeling at a car show on Saturday, that doesn't mean I can now call myself a model and ask the government for a WP. lol Most those gigs aren't filed with the government.

Then couldn't she have switched to permanent residence by now? Because enough time has passed since her "remarry."

If she still was married to her first husband, she could've gotten it 2 years ago, as you can get it after 3 years of marriage. But didn't she get a divorce and everything?

Then she could've gotten it two years ago or so years ago? I mean I get that at some point she had to be lying but she might have it now? 

I don't get why it HAD to be a marriage visa (why she chose that instead of doing something herself)--or why she had to lie about it--but does she qualify for it now/has qualified for it for some time? 

Would the document show she only got it through marriage?

I guess I'm trying to ask if there's a reason she's still keeping quiet about it if there are rumors and she doesn't like us talking about it. Might just be because I'd personally own up to everything, but something that could get me kicked out of the country I love, like people casting doubts over the validity of my staying there, would have me shutting some people up as fast as possible.
Edited by Eerie

Posted

If she lied and remained married, after 3 years got her PR, it would not show in any form. She would apply for a change of residence from spouse to PR, they would process and change her gaijin card. That's it.

Isn't there supposed screenshots of a user on some forum assumed to be her talking about switching from spouse visa to student though after her divorce? Obviously speculation doesn't prove anything but it seems likely she did change her status after divorce.

I think it'd be cool if she did a video talking about her experience regarding visas and whatnot, but at the end of the day, again, visa status is a private matter. She's not obligated to anyone to reveal it.

Posted (edited)

I think it'd be cool if she did a video talking about her experience regarding visas and whatnot, but at the end of the day, again, visa status is a private matter. She's not obligated to anyone to reveal it.

Not obligated but if it bothers her so much, you'd think she'd actively do something. 

Edit: My questions with her visa is mainly because she made it out to be a big secretive questionable doubtable thing, when she could've just said it wasn't anyone's business to start with or something. Then she has problems with people talking about it, but she could put a stop to the rumors she has problems with a tiny bit of evidence and easily close the thread/ silence her "creepy stalking peoples." And she doesn't. 

Edited by Eerie

Posted

Not obligated but if it bothers her so much, you'd think she'd actively do something. 

Edit: My questions with her visa is mainly because she made it out to be a big secretive questionable doubtable thing, when she could've just said it wasn't anyone's business to start with or something. Then she has problems with people talking about it, but she could put a stop to the rumors she has problems with a tiny bit of evidence and easily close the thread/ silence her "creepy stalking peoples." And she doesn't. 

I don't really think it does bother her though? I haven't actively followed her twitter in a long time, but I still watch her videos now and then and visas don't usually come up when she starts to rant about her stalkers.

Yeah, she has stated her visa statuses. We can't tell if it's lies or truth. We might want to know the truth, but she isn't obligated to clear any air. Just because other people have accused her of marrying secretly for a visa etc. and she doesn't have to address it, honestly I think it's better if she doesn't. At least not in relation to anyone that she has drama with.

Posted (edited)

Just that this forum exists seems to bother her. And I know she has no obligations. It's just for someone who claims they hate the negative attention she does nothing to refute anything, but recently made a video digging everything up again. 

And this is the easiest of the rumors to prove wrong. 

Edit: If she digs up the drama to say it's not rue, why doesn't she actively do anything to save her reputation.

Edited by Eerie

Posted

The thing is that unless she's married her visa status makes no sense. She won't get an entertainer visa through YouTube (I think), working at a restaurant does not give you a work visa...

Plus getting PR would prove she got married: if you are on a spouse visa you can get it after 3 years, if you're not: Bam, you got 10 years to wait. So while it wouldn't say anywhere on her card everyone who knows about Japan's visa restrictions would know. (Or she got herself adopted by a Japanese person, but how likely is that?)

Posted

you've pointed out the exact issue people have with her. She constantly brags about getting PR soon but when asked specifics she acts like its no one's business. 

Like PP said, can't even get PR that soon without marriage so we all know, her denial makes her that much more ingenuine. The smartest move would have been to never open her mouth about her visa ever.

Posted

Has anyone else seen this? It made me straight up think about Mira. I imagine it's a hit under the belt for her if she sees this.

Personally, I agree with Micaela on this.

Posted

I don't think Mira would mind. Her reaction would probably be something like "I'm just so much better at being Japanese than her!!"

Posted

I agree with her on this. xD Truthfully, I don't understand why there are people who desire so much to turn /Japanese/ - go ahead, no one is stopping you. Your papers may declare it, but what about the actual people? Even if you have a smidge of Japanese in you, you'd still be treated somewhat different - that, or they may not be so used to dealing with other types of people, lol. (I experienced that during outreach, since we were hanging out with full Japanese. They were generally friendly, but they warm up to you more when they know about your lineage. However, there is still a gap between nikkei-jin, halfs and full-bloods.) If you don't look like them expect to be treated with common courtesy at least. 

There is another way to get their recognition/acceptance, and it's through your achievements. I don't know if it's likewise with some of you guys who have Japanese linkages, but the ones I made closer contact with all have something to do with your work, how much you know, how much you have done, and how eager you are to learn about them in return. BUT even with all that, the fact still remains, the way they look at you will scarce ever be "one of us".