• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Kanadajin's visa status

164 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys should get a life. Talking shit to a person that probably don't even know you exist. Why don't you look in your own problems. She will be living in Japan and if she is deported why would you care? In al honstly you are just pathetic.

Hi Mira! :alpacawink:

Posted

Novalise hi you know the Kat girl youtuber who was friend with Mira she replied to one person under a video that mira remarried JUST for a visa, and mira even told her herself. plus did you guys see her new video about dangers of youtube i laughed so hard, omg. she says she is scared to go out to public bc ppl will attack her llolollolololollolo

Posted

Novalise hi you know the Kat girl youtuber who was friend with Mira she replied to one person under a video that mira remarried JUST for a visa, and mira even told her herself. plus did you guys see her new video about dangers of youtube i laughed so hard, omg. she says she is scared to go out to public bc ppl will attack her llolollolololollolo

I took an umbrella, and I was hiding under it even though it was sunny, and I WAS SHAKING SO HARD OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE.

sure Jan.

Posted

Honestly a lot of the female vloggers in Japan have been leaked to secretly being married, so she's not even unusual in that. Undoubtedly the single white idol girl thing is a big hit for Japanese men. In fact almost all the big gaijin youtubers in Japan are "single" white girls, 

Care to elaborate who else? This drama seems very juicy. Speculations are fine. :harharplz:

Posted

This is going to be long. Tl;Dr below though.

Not sure if this is relevant, but when talking about Venus' options we lightly touched on her getting an entertainer's visa if her marriage ends poorly (because they are young and haven't spent too much alone time together), being that Mira's job according to her IS Japan because her life is Japan, wouldn't she be able to get one through Youtube Japan? Assuming she makes enough? 

(I'm not saying she didn't remarry for the Visa or remain married for the Visa, I'm just saying there were better lies/better explanations/better ways to stay in the country than the way she seemed to go about it. When they got married did she give up her citizenship to Canada right then and there? Like, I honestly don't understand the Visa thing unless she is currently in an unhappy marriage and it's just so.....unnecessary. Nothing else I think of makes sense.)

I'm not saying she needs to flash her Visa/ Gaijin card or whatever to he world. The other youtubers (Gimmeabreakman has implied stuff and {Kat?} has specifically aired a marriage rumor) seem to know exactly how that went down, but the WAY she went about explaining what she has makes the situation seem ....hinky....to me. Like, obviously it's legal. But it seems like she made life harder on herself, and generated so much more hate for herself for this to have gone down the way she implied. 

"Hey, I got a divorce but I earn money and I love it here."

"Permanent Residence granted."

Like, no. Pretty sure life doesn't work like that. Going straight to Permanent Residency from nothing no matter how you look into the situation and what Visa options there are just doesn't pan out.

Sorry this is long and tangent-y.

Why would she lie though? Honestly, I wouldn't judge her if she wanted to stay in the country and used a snowflake way to stay. It's just expected of her by now. She's accused Rachel of doing it. It's something people do. If I married someone and they moved me to their home country then were like "NAH, let's move here" you best believe I'd look out for myself, no matter how I had to do that. I probably wouldn't air out that laundry for a good long while, but I'd work on getting myself on the up-and-up on the down low and then stand on my own two feet and at least admit it. (I might view this differently because my grandma on my dad's side was a stripper that seduced her way into the citizenship then bounced after a few kids were born. Like, legit wouldn't be here if it weren't for playing that citizenship law for all it was worth.)

Like no one cares as long as it's legal why do you have to lie? 

Tl; Dr   Long rant about my frustration at this topic. Basically, it's f'ed up to stay in a country by marrying your way there. But to lie about it in such a suspicious way when you've done suspicious things in the past is sort of worse. Like, honestly, I'd prefer it if she hadn't said anything about it, because there's no way she's not bald faced lying to us. I don't like liars, but I could at least respect her more if she were straight up about it. Makes. No. Frickle. Fracken. Sense.

Posted

You guys should get a life. Talking shit to a person that probably don't even know you exist. Why don't you look in your own problems. She will be living in Japan and if she is deported why would you care? In al honstly you are just pathetic.

Real Mira or you messing with us? Care to close the thread and walk a girl through the mess that is how you weren't deported yet or....???

Posted

She wouldn't need to give up her Canadian citizenship in order to receive a visa, she needs to be a citizen of a foreign country in order to be issued a visa. She'll give up her Canadian citizenship when she becomes Japanese.

I do think it's weird of her to lie, doesn't she think that others could learn from her experiences? And if keeping her visa status private is her goal (and I respect that lol but) why lie? Again, just say, it's private. If she did remarry, she would probably want to keep it secret because obviously people (PULL included) would question it's validity so I get saying her visa status is something else other than spousal... Except that she could upright refuse to answer. It's totally her private information.

I feel like if she really had PR, she would like, make a video about it and how she got it. Just like I'm sure she will make a video about gaining citizenship if she manages it. It's just stupid to lie, does her rep no favors.

Posted

She wouldn't need to give up her Canadian citizenship in order to receive a visa, she needs to be a citizen of a foreign country in order to be issued a visa. She'll give up her Canadian citizenship when she becomes Japanese.

I do think it's weird of her to lie, doesn't she think that others could learn from her experiences? And if keeping her visa status private is her goal (and I respect that lol but) why lie? Again, just say, it's private. If she did remarry, she would probably want to keep it secret because obviously people (PULL included) would question it's validity so I get saying her visa status is something else other than spousal... Except that she could upright refuse to answer. It's totally her private information.

I feel like if she really had PR, she would like, make a video about it and how she got it. Just like I'm sure she will make a video about gaining citizenship if she manages it. It's just stupid to lie, does her rep no favors.

But there were so many smarter ways to go about it. And it's just created a bigger mess of lies for her. Surely she sees that? On some level she knows right? 

Posted

I really wish she would make an informed video about the issues she's faced with getting a visa to stay there permanently, and all of the things she's had to go through, because if she was HONEST it might actually be informative for once, and people might be able to a) steer clear of the mistakes she's made & b) have a better understanding of how the process works.

BUT THAT'S TOO MUCH TO HOPE FOR.

Posted

If she honestly had a PR, she'd have made a video (or several) about how super special she was to get it and so on.

Her silence on the subject speaks volumes to me.

Posted

Not sure if this is relevant, but when talking about Venus' options we lightly touched on her getting an entertainer's visa if her marriage ends poorly (because they are young and haven't spent too much alone time together), being that Mira's job according to her IS Japan because her life is Japan, wouldn't she be able to get one through Youtube Japan? Assuming she makes enough? 

It's actually been discussed a lot on here and said from Jvloggers, making money from Youtube will not grant you an entertainer visa in Japan. If that were the case, Venus would have never had to leave Japan and Mira would be a much more legit woman. :D

(I'm not saying she didn't remarry for the Visa or remain married for the Visa, I'm just saying there were better lies/better explanations/better ways to stay in the country than the way she seemed to go about it. When they got married did she give up her citizenship to Canada right then and there? Like, I honestly don't understand the Visa thing unless she is currently in an unhappy marriage and it's just so.....unnecessary. Nothing else I think of makes sense.)

Renouncing a citizenship is a very lengthy process and if she did that after getting married she would be Stateless right now and not Japanese. She still has and needs a Canadian passport until she gains citizenship. 

Posted

Correct me if I am wrong. But hiding a marriage can be detrimental for spousal visa. Especially if one denies it. You need to provide proof of a happy marriage, and be interviewed about tiny details about one's partner. The questions are really deep and personal, like asking about distinct moles, childhood, and your sex life. This is according to my friend from the Thailand, who married an American man.

If Mira denies it on a  public platform, or never mentions a husband, and her case worker finds out, her visa could be taken away.

Posted

My thoughts exactly! In no country is it legal to marry just for a visa. So if Mira had done that, she's got a very good reason to avoid the subject at all, because her stay in Japan is not in fact legal. As long as noone finds out, it should be fine, but if anyone finds out, that would equal troubles.

Posted (edited)

Correct me if I am wrong. But hiding a marriage can be detrimental for spousal visa. Especially if one denies it. You need to provide proof of a happy marriage, and be interviewed about tiny details about one's partner. The questions are really deep and personal, like asking about distinct moles, childhood, and your sex life. This is according to my friend from the Thailand, who married an American man.

If Mira denies it on a  public platform, or never mentions a husband, and her case worker finds out, her visa could be taken away.

I know it's very strict in the US, but Japan is very different. I got PR after 3 spouse visas and they haven't ever met my husband. They ask for a picture and a story of how you met, but that's only the first time around. Afterwards you just have to show that you have money and pay your taxes. 

Edited by クラパン

Posted

Mira, I thought your sock puppeting days were over! The person that probably don't even know I exist doesn't even have to know. I would look in my own problems, but I don't have any in all honstly,