3228 posts in this topic

Posted

Edward Avila

Youtube // Instagram // Snapchat

Image result for edward avila gif

Info:

Edward Avila is a 25 year-old beauty guru from California currently living in South Korea. His ethnicity is Filipino. Most of his makeup tutorials are inspired by K-Pop. He also occasionally makes vlogging videos in South Korea. 

Controversies:

The Kyla Controversy:

• Criticized Kyla from Pristin's weight, saying things like:
    • "I'm surprised that they let her debut in the state that she's in..."
    • "Do I think Kyla's weight makes her a bad person? Not reeeeeeeally...."
    • "To protect the reputation of the group, she should lose weight. I can't believe she has the tenacity to go on stage and perform at that weight."
    • Saying essentially that she would be no good for Pledis (the idol company) and would not profitable at her weight
    • Dismissed people saying that she's just 15 and not yet done developing/growing
    • Suggests that she doesn't work hard because she is heavier
    • Generally just makes a ton of assumptions about the situation, saying she would be happier with herself if she lost weight, she wouldn't feel like a burden on the company/her groupmates. etc.
    • Says that she's at an unhealthy weight, and basically makes it seem like she's extremely overweight where she just seems to be a normal weight
    • Says that "appearance shouldn't be put before talent" but then says that Kyla's appearance matters more than whether she can sing or dance
      • Ended up having to disable comments and the like/dislike bar
  • Response Video
    • Made the video because his dad told him to make it
    • Blamed his views on Korean beauty standards

His Makeup Skills/Other issues:

• Makes mistakes with contouring and uses the wrong shade of foundation
  • Whitens his skin
  • Got a chin implant that doesn't look very good

IMG_0186.thumb.PNG.ce7f6505ab2cbdb490ef1

• Doesn't like taking full pictures with fans because then he can't control his angles
  • At a meetup event, he gave out troiareuke cushions in a very light shade and told those who had darker skin to just "give it to a friend" (from @kifla)
  • Gaybaiting with Aoora

Screen_Shot_2017-08-12_at_2.52.11_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2017-08-12_at_2.52.18_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2017-08-12_at_2.59.09_PM.thu

Racism:

• Called people who experience racism in South Korea drama queens
    • Basically dismisses racism in SK because he's never seen it and says to "Not believe all the Youtube videos out there where black people say that they experience racism in Korea because that's only THEIR experience"

lol eddie.png

PULL Drama:

• Has a long history of calling out PULL on Snapchat, in videos, and elsewhere
  • Said a "friend" once went on PULL to stick up for him, but just ended up being a WK who was incapable of having intelligent discussion about him
  • Always says that his "friends" browse PULL instead of himself (lol)

Hypocrisy: 

• Makes sexual comments about Wonho, but then gets angry at fans for saying sexual things about Wonho
  • Makes fun of sensitive SJW's but then cries on snapchat/in his videos when PULL criticizes his makeup
  • Gets angry when people ship him with Aoora but then likes other comments when people refer to him as his boyfriend

com.thumb.png.eacc6931bdd286ae01f280f459Screenshot_20170827-131956.thumb.png.07c

Video Sample:

Posted (edited)

Edited by Malicia

Posted

Wondered when he would show up on gossip forums lol! Sometimes I think he's funny and would like to hang with him but then when he gets all sassy and catty, I just want to run away. He sounds like he could be the bitchiest friend type in a group. I will say he is nice to his fans, i.e. people who praise him. Other than that, just plain bitchy. Meh, he's harmless. Hopefullyhis ego won't grow and eat him up.  Can't really escape the light-ish face makeup since he uses mostly Korean makeup. It looks more evident when you see the back of his neck otherwise it's fine, he isn't toooooo dark. Even with k-idols, I notice the back of the neck. Why bother bringing it down the front if you won't bother covering the back? lol.

Posted

I actually ended up finding him just today for the first time. I liked his videos though I only watched one or two. He uses products to whiten his skin. He has 3 videos on the subject at least. I actually am thinking of trying the whitening sunscreen he showed in one video because I burn and tan really quick living in Texas and do enjoy my naturally paleass skin ha.

Posted

I like Edward and am subscribed to him. I don't find him to be overly fake like some Yters. I think he's really transparent. I don't mind that his skin isn't ~perfect~. I really appreciated it when I saw some repeat items in his skincare videos. I think that shows that he doesn't use a product just to feature it in a video. 

Posted

not that i watch his videos... I think I only watched like half of one but he does have the bitchy vibe... looks great as a channel tho. at least he can use makeup better than any flakes here...

Posted

I found him on yt a month ago. I didn't really like him, although his makeup skills are nice.

It's just that he really seems really bitchy to me. :Alpacaconfused:

Posted

I found him on yt a month ago. I didn't really like him, although his makeup skills are nice.

It's just that he really seems really bitchy to me. :Alpacaconfused:

I'm the opposite. I actually kind of like his personality. He reminds me of a really good friend from high school that I have! (I'm kind of catty myself, so maybe that's why he doesn't bother me?"

His makeup is so 'meh' to me. He always looks really cakey and like he is wearing a mask of BB cream, and his contouring could use some work. It probably has to do with him being self conscious about his acne. Part of me wants him to just buy a really nice high end foundation with great coverage, instead of packing on BB creams with medium coverage and horrible build. Some of the products he recommondes as HG aren't really that special, and are products that I have noticed that have 'caked' up on me (but that's subjective, so I can't really say much on that). Sometimes I think he gets a pass because he is good looking and there aren't many guys reviewing Korean makeup on Youtube.

Posted

just saw this in my recommendations(didn't watch)

but.. at least he's honest however I happen to think he looks fine even BEFORE he had work done. why go for botox?

Posted

just saw this in my recommendations(didn't watch)

but.. at least he's honest however I happen to think he looks fine even BEFORE he had work done. why go for botox?

He said it's because of the wrinkles on his face and he finds it annoying. But he looks 20:frowny: I personally wouldn't go for botox bc of the sideffects lol

But anyways, if that's what he wants to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Posted

IKR~ tbh in this day and age it seems like the only essential is money and you can get everything... cmon edward a bunch of lines doesn't affect my opinion of him and I say he looks good PS or not. just maybe he should stop after like ONE. 

Posted

He's a nice dude imo and I think his bitchy side is actually funny. I don't know anything about make-up, but I find it entertaining watching him talk about it for some reason. Check his Snapchat, he usually adresses hateful comments he receives and seems pretty humble and chill about them. 

Posted

I didn't watch the video, but I do like he's being honest about it. I'm not surprised, really. SK is pretty much known for having really great plastic surgery transformations. I think Edward has also made a video on his nose job. Him getting botox doesn't change my opinion of him. 

Posted

My friend had told me about him and even showed me some videos and later added him in Snapchat and almost everyday he would rant about people's comments and I didn't mind them at first but they started getting annoying so I unfollowed him. 😕