• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kanadajin3 General Kanadajin3 thread

8976 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys ! 

It might be an awkward question... but does Mira still think that she is japanese, or has got japanese ancestors ? I don't follow her on Youtube( yet some of them strangely appear in my recommanded videos  ) , but considering some of her videos... I don't really know what to think. Is she trying to get a life or something ?

She's white, and she's aware of that, like the person above me stated.  But she has in the past, referred to herself as Japanese, saying things like "we Japanese don't.." ect.

From statements she's made in the past, she seems to think that she'll be Japanese if she gets citizenship. at least, that's what I've understood from some of the things she's said in the past.

Posted

Hi, new member (longtime lurker) here. I once saw a rather lengthy chat with her on IG about her being able to call herself Japanese, and she claimed in the comments that she will, in fact, be ethnically Japanese if she gets citizenship. Her argument was that because ethnicity is defined in the dictionary as sharing traditions, ideas, culture, and beliefs with a group of people, seeing as she "shares" her cultural identity with Japanese people, that she can say she's Japanese. The counter-argument was that one must be actively welcomed into the community, or else you can't truly be a part of it.

It'd be like if Mira decided that she shared a sportsman-like cultural identity with a sports team. Just because she feels close to that team in some way doesn't mean she can claim to be a member of the team. She'd have to go through all the training and auditions first, and even then may not be given a player's jersey. 

That and her Japanese is beyond bad. They'd never accept her as their own. 

Posted

Hi, new member (longtime lurker) here. I once saw a rather lengthy chat with her on IG about her being able to call herself Japanese, and she claimed in the comments that she will, in fact, be ethnically Japanese if she gets citizenship. Her argument was that because ethnicity is defined in the dictionary as sharing traditions, ideas, culture, and beliefs with a group of people, seeing as she "shares" her cultural identity with Japanese people, that she can say she's Japanese. The counter-argument was that one must be actively welcomed into the community, or else you can't truly be a part of it.

It'd be like if Mira decided that she shared a sportsman-like cultural identity with a sports team. Just because she feels close to that team in some way doesn't mean she can claim to be a member of the team. She'd have to go through all the training and auditions first, and even then may not be given a player's jersey. 

That and her Japanese is beyond bad. They'd never accept her as their own. 

The definition of ethnicity is "an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like" but the definition of ethnic is "of or relating to a population subgroup (within a larger or dominant national or cultural group) with a common national or cultural tradition".  She'll never be Japanese.

I don't get why she feels she needs to be called Japanese, whats wrong with being a white Canadian girl with an interest in Japanese culture?  I'm German Canadian, and if I met someone from any other part of the world and they said they were German because they love the culture, I'd slap them.

Posted

The definition of ethnicity is "an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like" but the definition of ethnic is "of or relating to a population subgroup (within a larger or dominant national or cultural group) with a common national or cultural tradition".  She'll never be Japanese.

I don't get why she feels she needs to be called Japanese, whats wrong with being a white Canadian girl with an interest in Japanese culture?  I'm German Canadian, and if I met someone from any other part of the world and they said they were German because they love the culture, I'd slap them.

Your're 100% correct. That definition was the most watered-down, easily digestible version in the dictionary for people who can't grasp the complexity of issues like gender and ethnicity. She's basically trying to pull a Rachel Dolezal.

I've found that many of these weebs with severe social skill deficiency tend to think that most people in their home country are mean and make fun of them because "They just don't GET me. I bet they'd get me in Japan…" They can't see that their failure to interact naturally and enjoyably with people doesn't stem from a difference in culture (… because it's in fact the culture they were BORN WITH fer gawd sakes!), but a refusal to accept and adhere to general social etiquette and expectations.

Most of these people are seen as losers the moment they arrive here, but due to their poor grasp of Japanese and Japanese culture, they don't realize the degree to which they are denigrated to "outsider". And nobody here has the time, energy, or desire to bicker with a moronic foreigner about who knows more about Japanese society. I think that's why it seems she doesn't have any Japanese friends, because she can only find companionship in the other weebs who came over for the same stupid reasons she did.

Posted

I doubt anyone is on here right now but she's about to stream on youtube if anyone's interested.

Posted

Watching now. Her eyelashes are falling off

Posted

Watching now. Her eyelashes are falling off

Well...you can say that thanks to them..

she can't see the haters.

:happee:

Posted (edited)

Touch the bananas.

"Thats creepy"

:alpacafedup:

Edited by Hime

Posted

Hi guys ! 

It might be an awkward question... but does Mira still think that she is japanese, or has got japanese ancestors ? I don't follow her on Youtube( yet some of them strangely appear in my recommanded videos  ) , but considering some of her videos... I don't really know what to think. Is she trying to get a life or something ?

Well, there's this

rZmlHzK.png?1

Posted (edited)

Haha. I saw several odd comments in the chat and wondered how many of you guys were participating. xD

Meh, that was boring and uneventful. Though the part about receiving acceptance for her ex-husband's visa extension AFTER they had already moved to Japan and broken up was strange. It just makes her story more confusing. 

Why did he wait so long to apply, rush to marry her, put in all the paperwork to get her a spousal visa and just break up after two months?  How long were they married while in Canada vs. Japan in that period? Didn't she say she came on the working holiday visa first?  That can last up to 12 months with a possible extension after 6 months, but she said she also had a spousal visa that she changed to a student visa. O.o

Edited by 脳漿炸裂外人

Posted

I'm really guessing they were in the middle of the paperwork and either

A) he got transferred by his job (although they were only in Japan 2 months before they broke up, and no Japanese company would send a brand-new employee that JUST entered the company to an overseas branch. That only comes with at least a little bit of seniority and then a certain series of circumstances),

or B) he realized the paperwork is WAY too intense and gave up (because holy crap this goddamn paperwork, oh my god) and is still living in Japan sans Mira (because… well, MIRA). If that's the case, of course she'd make up a story about him moving to Mars because she was embarrassed.

Not a snowball's chance in hell immigration would just agree to let her keep a spousal visa after the 1st year of marriage even when it came to light they'd broken up, if she even got her hands on it in the first place. Every spousal visa is on a heavily monitored trial basis for the first year. If you don't show up together hand-in-hand after one year to request a renewal, the visa is unequivocally revoked.

Posted

I'm really guessing they were in the middle of the paperwork and either

A) he got transferred by his job (although they were only in Japan 2 months before they broke up, and no Japanese company would send a brand-new employee that JUST entered the company to an overseas branch. That only comes with at least a little bit of seniority and then a certain series of circumstances),

or B) he realized the paperwork is WAY too intense and gave up (because holy crap this goddamn paperwork, oh my god) and is still living in Japan sans Mira (because… well, MIRA). If that's the case, of course she'd make up a story about him moving to Mars because she was embarrassed.

Not a snowball's chance in hell immigration would just agree to let her keep a spousal visa after the 1st year of marriage even when it came to light they'd broken up, if she even got her hands on it in the first place. Every spousal visa is on a heavily monitored trial basis for the first year. If you don't show up together hand-in-hand after one year to request a renewal, the visa is unequivocally revoked.

I don't believe he was transferred either.  He wasn't in Canada on business, according to Mira he was there on a working holiday visa.  So it's either like you said, the paperwork, or it was a sham to begin with.

It's hard to know what exactly happened with her visa's.  She claimed a spousal visa, but was only married for 2 months.  Then a working holiday visa, which I believe, BUT I know you need to show proof of funds so unless someone vouched for her, after her only being there two months.. I don't know.

PenTen - You seem to know a lot about the immigration process though, so I was wondering.. she claims to have been on a student visa for a language school.  I read somewhere that student visa's don't always go towards time spent in Japan when applying for citizenship?

Posted (edited)

I don't believe he was transferred either.  He wasn't in Canada on business, according to Mira he was there on a working holiday visa.  So it's either like you said, the paperwork, or it was a sham to begin with.

It's hard to know what exactly happened with her visa's.  She claimed a spousal visa, but was only married for 2 months.  Then a working holiday visa, which I believe, BUT I know you need to show proof of funds so unless someone vouched for her, after her only being there two months.. I don't know.

PenTen - You seem to know a lot about the immigration process though, so I was wondering.. she claims to have been on a student visa for a language school.  I read somewhere that student visa's don't always go towards time spent in Japan when applying for citizenship?

Well, to get working holiday is the easiest long-term visa you can get in Japan I'm told (can't speak from experience because my country doesn't have that agreement with Japan, so I got a student visa). I don't think they require proving your financial resources, because the whole point of going over there is to work and make money. 

A STUDENT visa on the other hand requires you to show you (or your parents) have enough money to support your stay, because you're not actually allowed to work while going to school. If you get special paperwork for permission to do activities outside visa parameters, you are only legally allowed to work 4 hours in any given day. You can work 7 days a week if you want to, but ONLY 4 hours at a time (which sucked big-time).

Most likely the reason she had to scrape together a student visa instead of just switching over her tourist visa (because of her likely failure to get a spousal visa) to a working holiday visa is because they don't allow you to apply for WH when you're already in Japan. You must apply through a Japanese consulate in your home country. She probably didn't know that when she came over.

The only LEGAL ways she could have a visa now that she's not in school is A) she re-married and did the paperwork to the end or hired a lawyer to do it (which costs about $1400), B) she got a regular working visa through an English school (which must also be renewed and requires paperwork as proof that her company is legit and she is still employed there), or C) she is abusing the tourist visa by going home to Canada every couple of months.

As for citizenship, her student visa AND her WH (IF she had one, which I doubt she did when she first came, although she could've switched to one when she went home to Canada for a visit maybe) DO NOT COUNT towards permanent residency, let alone citizenship. She seems to be claiming she can skip a whole big step. lol

… Sorry most of my posts are novels… σ( ̄∇ ̄;) lol

Edited by PenTen
Grammatical error

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I've been through the process of spousal visa and gaining permanent residence here in Japan. :)My husband and I were already married two years while in the U.S., before applying for my visa and moving to Japan. What made our acceptance/process quite swift was the time already married, long documented relationship, had a child and my in-laws had considerable income. However, there is a lot of paperwork involved and going through that just to end up with a 2 month total marriage is suspicious . I know stories of other legitimate married couples having great difficulties and having to wait months, even years for various reasons like being childless, low income, long separation due to work, etc. 

:Alpacashocked:But! I found a big piece of the Mira immigration puzzle, but don't want to post it here yet. Administrator or member who is great at documenting evidence/taking screenshots: who can I PM my findings? 

Edited by 脳漿炸裂外人
timeline error

Posted

The only LEGAL ways she could have a visa now that she's not in school is A) she re-married and did the paperwork to the end or hired a lawyer to do it (which costs about $1400), B) she got a regular working visa through an English school (which must also be renewed and requires paperwork as proof that her company is legit and she is still employed there), or C) she is abusing the tourist visa by going home to Canada every couple of months.

As for citizenship, her student visa AND her WH (IF she had one, which I doubt she did when she first came, although she could've switched to one when she went home to Canada for a visit maybe) DO NOT COUNT towards permanent residency, let alone citizenship. She seems to be claiming she can skip a whole big step. lol

… Sorry most of my posts are novels… σ( ̄∇ ̄;) lol

Novels are good :D

It's so interesting that she says she's going apply for citizenship in like two years then.  I can't tell if she's just ignorant to the policies or trying to make it seem like things are better for than they actually are.

She claims to currently have perm residency though.. which someone (it may have even been you.. sorry :Alpacaconfused:) that said it's technically possible that she does have it, but then if the only visa she's had (according to her, she could be *ahem* lying about everything) that would count towards perm residency is her spousal visa, which she had at most for a couple of months.

I think it's possible she's taking advantage of the tourist visa, but who knows.