Taylor R - Summary Thread [INFORMATION]

13 posts in this topic

Posted

The following screenshots are taken on 21 August 2014.

It's a proof of Taylor asking for her fans to promote her which favor she will return with a follow. Later, as said above, she unfollowed everyone (and still is following 0).

scam1.jpg

scam2.jpg

scam3.jpg

scam4.jpg

scam5.jpg

Posted (edited)

Taylor is what I would call a "subtle liar". She hardly ever lies directly to her fans. Instead she just ignores questions which are quite unpleasant like "How old are you?" or "Did you have any plastic surgery etc.?", but when somebody is pointing out a fact which can attack her innocent persona, she tries to fix it which leads sometimes to lies leaking out like her diet lie mentioned above or this one:

Her fans were disappointed because she was praising her suede dress in her recent IG post. She tried to fix this fauxpas by first changing the caption from "suede" to "suede (faux)" and than additionally by stating in the comments that its just a fake suede dress.

image.thumb.png.f45dc7412a5b9ec55ec7695a

image.thumb.png.667c21f6c6a70ec0fd290a16

tay1.thumb.png.de4b3f389d47019b8155b18ef

But her dress is actually 100% real suede:

tay.thumb.png.4029e32d0b6a609c26a6d0cf0c

edit: she bought it in Forever 21 (video spring outfits 2016)

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

Taylor is what I would call a "subtle liar". She hardly ever lies directly to her fans. Instead she just ignores questions which are quite unpleasant like "How old are you?" or "Did you have any plastic surgery etc.?", but when somebody is pointing out a fact which can attack her innocent persona, she tries to fix it which leads sometimes to lies leaking out like her diet lie mentioned above or this one:

Her fans were disappointed because she was praising her suede dress in her recent IG post. She tried to fix this fauxpas by first changing the caption from "suede" to "suede (faux)" and than additionally by stating in the comments that its just a fake suede dress.

image.thumb.png.f45dc7412a5b9ec55ec7695a

image.thumb.png.667c21f6c6a70ec0fd290a16

tay1.thumb.png.de4b3f389d47019b8155b18ef

But her dress is actually 100% real suede:

tay.thumb.png.a2a9f089141430c56ba28ddf21

edit: Forever 21 is a quite popular shop in Japan, so its possible that she bought it there.

Tsk Tsk Taylor lying is very unbecoming of you. I have the urge to yell at you in Gordon Ramsay's voice (sorry been watching lots of Hell Kitchen lol) but seriously you can't preach something and do the complete opposite. I actually tolerated you because you weren't that bad compared to other snowflakes but now.... idk

Posted

Okay, actually I liked her. Just before I read this thread. And now I feel tricked.

I googling her, looking for the title of her drama til i found this and read the whole thread. But seriously i do curious about her eyes. Her eyes is not normal. And about her body in her past. She said she had a big fat body that made her want to change so she start workout. Thats the reason why i like her.

But when you guys mention about all the fact that really make sense for me, i feel that she is so bad. Its not good to be a liar. And not just that, she lies to all of her fans and its not a small number of people.

Thanks anyways guys. Open my mind.

Posted (edited)

Okay, actually I liked her. Just before I read this thread. And now I feel tricked.

I googling her, looking for the title of her drama til i found this and read the whole thread. But seriously i do curious about her eyes. Her eyes is not normal. And about her body in her past. She said she had a big fat body that made her want to change so she start workout. Thats the reason why i like her.

But when you guys mention about all the fact that really make sense for me, i feel that she is so bad. Its not good to be a liar. And not just that, she lies to all of her fans and its not a small number of people.

Yeah, I completely feel the same way. Her income is the most questionable aspect. 

Edited by aesthetic umbrella
a word

Posted

Okay, so I've never posted here (I mostly just lurk), but I decided to make an account for this. My boyfriend has a pretty average youtube account, makes a few hundred views on average. But, one of his videos managed to make it to about 4.5 million views. When I checked his social blade it estimates about 10k a year for him. On average, he makes about 4-6k a year solely based off of that one video. Socialblade's "low blow" estimates are rarely accurate because they assume that most people have adblocker when more people than you may think don't use it because 1. they don't know how to use a computer or 2. they want to support the YouTuber. (Seriously you'd be surprised with how little of people use adblocker, I'm a CompSci student at a university and people in my programming/networking classes don't even use it.) Honestly, it's very safe to assume that revenue based on SB is within the higher 50% (60k+ for Taylor). Side note, I really do think that most of her money comes from her bf. He's a businessman from HK living in Japan, that screams money. Not to mention his car, house, limo, etc..

Posted

I thought there was a post here about her BF's car, has it been removed, and if so, why?

Posted

I thought there was a post here about her BF's car, has it been removed, and if so, why?

If there was one it was most likely taken down due to privacy. 

Posted

Me too, it's kind of shocking to me because I genuinely enjoyed her videos. I found her inspiring, but this also really changes my mind,

Posted

Hey, how about an update to the intro? We all know that she got most of her jobs through Ellbow and his company. I'm NOT saying revealing his identity, but this is another shortcut Taylor took and lies about. Or about how she and Ellbow lived together since her first coming to Japan?

Posted

I am actually OK with all this. Maybe because I am an adult. I have seen other girls like this, same type, who love to show themselves in front of a camera. And I think this is just like a TV show. And the vloger is like an actor. Only difference is that the vloger can interact with her audiences in the video. If she's good at entertaining audiences that's hunky-dori.

I don't mind she is hiding some information about herself. Everyone has secret. It will be inappropriate to share all the information to the public. It's not a big deal to make up some reasons for some change of her life, especially in front of strangers. Saying that teenagers watching her videos might falsely believe that pursuing a modeling career can live like her is like saying playing a shooting video game or GTA 5 will make teenagers believe killing people is fun.

We might all at some point in our life, tell only partially the truth, to some strangers we just meet, or make up some excuse when something unpleasant happens. But that's just my opinion. I am sure someone will have higher standards.

Generally speaking, I enjoy watching Taylor's videos. She's very energetic, not afraid to try new ideas and making good quality of videos. I find it very entertaining and i watch most of them with pleasure.

Posted

Honestly I think what Taylor is doing is fine, it's not like she's hurting anyone. Plus she's entertaining and inspiring. I do think she could volunteer some since she doesn't have a strict  working schedule;however, it's her life and she should chose how she'll use her time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5265736