• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

WANTED: Artist for 2019 banner

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not trying to be a contrarian jerk, but asking for free art is very bad praxis. If you guys can't afford to pay an artist, I'm sure crowdfunding is a possibility. I'd be happy to kick a few dollars towards a new banner, and between all the active users of this forum, I'm sure we could gather $50-60 to actually pay someone for their hard work. :alpacashocked:

I agree. I have a friend who would do it for 65 dollars but I doubt you'd be able to find someone who'd make a high quality banner for free.

Edited by Parallel Universe
Typo

Posted (edited)

hello, I had to edit this with a track pad since i can't find my drawing tablet cord, but here's an idea for the updated banner!

personally, the original lineup is iconic despite newcomers not knowing who they are. my idea is having the current snowflake lineup in the background, scaled down. the new lineup would be in the foreground, with a spotlight on them. (one of them could have an edited highlight/facetune from the spotlight LMAO)

for the title, it would be lowered to the bottom of the image. but yeah! feel free to take this idea and run with it!!!

i was thinking that there could be a poll to vote who's on it. Or even two ambiguous snowflakes drawn to imitate our various "anime ahegao cringe", "gangnam unnies", and instagram photoshopping  threads would be cool to see as well!

pull_banner_FINAL11.png.7f8237e886aafdf7

Edited by touru
wording

Posted (edited)

Wow I had a little bit of trouble posting, it would only give me an option to post media. Fixing it through this edit.

I haven't drawn in a few months due to some situations at home and work but this is about whee my skill level hovers. I can do more cartoony images as well. 

ex1.png

ex2.png

Edited by PsycadelicHooters
Reply was glitchy for me idk

Posted

I don’t think it’s a misdeed not to offer pay in this case- We know that it costs money to keep the site up and the owners aren’t swimming in cash to spend on this project so to speak. Volunteers are free to sign up, right?

I would also be willing to draw but I’m afraid my happy anime style does not do the site justice !

Posted

i could draw for you guys and i do not charge.

Posted

Very cool artists we have in PULL :alpacacrush: I would draw if I have the time, but too bad my working hours + transportation time takes up my whole day for the month. I'll still check back and give reps when I'm free though

Posted (edited)

WOW. Did not realize people were so talented here, AMAZING submissions already guys!

As Rhea said, I'd be happy to share a donation link for contributing artists. I don't think an artist should go completely uncompensated. 

There was previously a vote for who could be on the banner, but we can have another. 

Let's keep future posts for strictly submissions so this thread isn't clogged up! I appreciate the wishes of being able to draw, don't worry about it! I appreciate you all for just contributing to the site. :alpacacrush: If any of you are afraid for your anonymity, or want to submit things that exist elsewhere, feel free to PM me. 

Edited by Nyx