• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mira - English Dictionary

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Her awful spelling and grammar mistakes have amused me a lot in the past, so I'm going to bring this thread back.

(These were all shamelessly copied from the PULL1.0 archive dictionary thread.)

foringer - foreigner

chanel - channel

creppy - creepy

exadurate - exaggerate

excersize - exercise

valueble - valuable

embarising - embarrassing

resipe - recipe

defiantly - definitely

guincidence - coincidence

dieing - dying (although dieing is a word, I doubt she meant to use it.)

"[This book is] a fun guild for people who have no interest in Japanese"

a handy cap - a handicap

lout- loud

becide - beside

torstitoes - tostitos

doritoes - Doritos

apple cyder vinigier - apple cider vinegar

From a facebook post:

First sentence:
(Warning, Rant with a pinch of insult - if you are sensative...)
Second sentence:
Wow people are so god damn sensitive now a days
Some sentences later: 
But good god are people that sensative?!   

Stay tunned - stay tuned

makeing - making

fryed rice - fried rice

soysause - soy sauce

"Well since they didn't have the couch I wanted I have to take my business else ware"

underwere - underwear

mouth mussels - mouth muscles

reaconise - recognize 

convince store - convenience store

common sence - common sense

"Wear an umbrella"

"Smartness level"

a = a, an

"I thought I was only go with 3 of my friends"

And most recently, from the chat:

eatballa.thumb.PNG.f704dca35f486893a3ab4

(Screenshot by haiyuki)

Posted

Ofcourse = of course

wierd = weird

tel = tell

transfering = transferring

tryed = tried

No wonder Japanese people are so bad at English. They let her teach them.

Posted

Defiantly - definitely is actually quite common. Lately I've taken a liking to this misspelling because it changes the tone of the sentence.:haiplz:

Posted

Opertunity = Opportunity

Hypocricy = what she does all the time

segrigating = Segregating .. I think this one is spelled exactly how you pronounce it.. soo how dis hapen doe 

Fuck I'm foreign and even I know how to spell better than her <,<

Posted (edited)

From her pasta instagram photo:

magarita flavor pasta ^^ (it's a pizza name) - Margherita 

Thanks for your lesson on pizza, Mira. If only your English was as good as your pizza flavour knowledge. I noticed that someone from the comments pointed it out to her as well.

Edited by Miki

Posted

The "pizza name" is actually a name of a royal lady who wanted pizza in Italy.. Which is why they named the pizza after her. Aint just no pizza name mira.

Posted (edited)

Found these gems on twitter:

tweet1.jpg

tweet2.jpg

Edited by Miki

Posted

Found these gems on twitter:

tweet1.jpg

tweet2.jpg

I don't understand..  Does she not have a spell check on her phone or computer?

Posted

I bet if you pointed all these mistakes out to her she'd just be like "oh i'm just forgetting so much english because i only speak japanese!!" i mean she has said that before I think? And it's such bullshit because it's not possible to forget your native language. If you've lived in another country for a looooong time you might mess up sentence structure but I don't think you'd ever forget how to spell words if you've known them in the first place. 

Posted

I'm spanish, I haven't had english classes since 5-6 years ago, and when I have to write something I suffer a bit because I know I will have mistakes.

Then I read what Mira writes and I feel relieved, though I know her mistakes are NOT NORMAL (really? "Dieing" = Dying? wtf!!??).

Sometimes even I think that maybe she is writing a word I don't know, or that I didn't learn something correctly, and then I read her again, and she writes "Univercity", "Univeristy" and University, on the same comment. I don't know what to expect anymore lol. 

Posted

She'll probably say she has her keyboard set to Japanese input and can't be bothered to switch it, or only has a Japanese keyboard/input because she's white Japanese and doesn't need English in Japan.

Posted

I could be wrong but she could have dysgraphia or dyslexia, or both. :Alpacaconfused:

Maybe that was the real reason why she dropped out of school in Canada. 

That would explain everything.

Posted (edited)

I bet if you pointed all these mistakes out to her she'd just be like "oh i'm just forgetting so much english because i only speak japanese!!" i mean she has said that before I think? And it's such bullshit because it's not possible to forget your native language. If you've lived in another country for a looooong time you might mess up sentence structure but I don't think you'd ever forget how to spell words if you've known them in the first place. 

She actually made a video on it. I believe it's called "I'm forgetting English" I'll look for it. xD 

ETA: She made two. 

"I am forgetting English" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeBHl1PbhDQ

"I am forgetting how to WRITE English" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSSzUQg-2oo 

The comments are gold btw, calling her out on her BS "forgetting Engrish desu." because it's pretty difficult to forget your native tongue after a couple years.

Edited by Siwon

Posted (edited)

I could be wrong but she could have dysgraphia or dyslexia, or both. :Alpacaconfused:

Maybe that was the real reason why she dropped out of school in Canada. 

That would explain everything.

Grace from Texan in Tokyo has problems with spelling (she says so herself) and while Grace does on occasion make small typos or misspellings, her orthography is MUCH better than Mira´s.

Probably also because Grace is professional and cares about it. I´m sure she does do severe proofreading and uses spellcheck.

Simply using a spellchecker could probably eliminate about 90% of Mira`s spelling errors.So that leads me to believe that: Dysgraphia or not, Mira just doesn´t give a sh*t. :D

Edited by Puolukka

Posted

Grace from Texan in Tokyo has problems with spelling (she says so herself) and while Grace does on occasion make small typos or misspellings, her orthography is MUCH better than Mira´s.

Probably also because Grace is professional and cares about it. I´m sure she does do severe proofreading and uses spellcheck.

Simply using a spellchecker could probably eliminate about 90% of Mira`s spelling errors.So that leads me to believe that: Dysgraphia or not, Mira just doesn´t give a sh*t. :D

I have few friends with dysgraphia or dyslexia and not they don't care, they just are not careful even with spellcheck.

Small mistakes from time to time are normal lol but huge not.