• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Fixing Yandere Simulator - PULL Edition

205 posts in this topic

Posted

Anther idea if she's his aunt, maybe she was transferring to work school and for an opportunity/his parents being elsewhere for business he was going to transfer to said school too and move with his aunt as a temporary guardian to save his parents rent money?

That is a good idea as well. Knowing how phenomenal Senpai is thanks to Yumiko may motivate the parents to transfer even more. 

I forgot this needed context so with that said, I may need to start reposting my character rewrites and redesigns here. 

Posted

Cool I guess we were taking over the main topic a bit

Posted

We need to remember that a fixed yandere MUST have emotions before meeting her love, and have 2 sides, "yan" kills for love and "dere" - cheerful, even sweet and wants her love interest to be happy. Just a reminder!

Posted (edited)

We need to remember that a fixed yandere MUST have emotions before meeting her love, and have 2 sides, "yan" kills for love and "dere" - cheerful, even sweet and wants her love interest to be happy. Just a reminder!

I had a bit of an idea for how the Yandere was before meeting Senpai. She wasn't some emotionless girl with some dumb bloodline bull crap. Basically she was a socially inept girl whose mother was awfully protective of her ever since her father mysteriously passed away to 'natural causes'. She is literally going to high school for the first time though because her mother found a new 'daddy' and decided to focus her time away from her for once. The Yandere learning her social cues from her mother has decided she was going to meet her one true love at school 'just like Mommy!' Basically it was because Mom!Yandere was also a Yandere but one who isn't because of some bloodline but because she was showing signs of mental instability ever since a voltage accident from when she was a little girl and visiting an electrical company for a field trip. 

So Yandere can show emotions: She shows curiosity which lead to her love for Senpai. Senpai actually let the Yandere in his life (unlike Eva's Senpai???) by letting him sit with him at lunch and helped give her a tour at the school. He even introduced [Osana or Mei Himura] and [Hanako] to her so she wouldn't be too alarmed when she sees them next to him. However, when her mom still sees Senpai's sister and childhood friends as threats, the Yandere becomes a little more paranoid, and soon realizes that she can't stand Senpai with another woman regardless. Not only that, but she has teenaged hormones so can melodramatically say she can't stand to be away from him. However, unlike her mom, the Yandere will struggle to restrain herself around the girls as Senpai just wants the girls to be friends. The Yandere agrees to do so, but needs to make sure that Hanako sees Senpai as just a brother and [Osana or Mei Himura] sees Senpai as just a friend. Killing them the Yandere realized will make Senpai very sad as he stated once he hated to see anyone he befriends or loves as a family member to get hurt. 

Enter [Chitose/Midori/Infochan] who notices Yandere's issues. She decides to learn her snapping point and when will things get bloody. She has decided to take pictures of Senpai with the rival of the week and decides to start testing the Yandere's patience from there. 

This is a bit of a dumb plot summary but I am sure people will come up with better for this. 

Edit: Also, NO dumb easter eggs. I mean, we could do that but if we do that, it has to be DLC and it has to be something that can still add more than 30 seconds of entertainment for someone.

Example: Filthy Frank for a DLC rival. He wants to make Senpai his disciple so he can defeat Chin Chin. Yandere has to make Frank pick someone else. Added bonus: Chin Chin is an obstacle that can kill or curse Yandere if not careful. The lose situations are Senpai leaving this plane of existence and possibly dying, you endangering the Omniverse by killing Frank, or Chin Chin outright ending your life instead. You have a week just like any other rival. Chin Chin will appear later in the week.

(Sorry for this dumb idea but I hated EvaXephon's Easter eggs taking up space but I know that this example of an exception is also an example on exactly why the Easter Eggs are dumb.) 

I can see people understanding and already getting the picture but I want to leave it out there the only easter eggs and dumb references allowed have to be something that actually can be relevant to gameplay or good DLC in any way.

Edited by HoneyNutFemios

Posted

I tossed an idea around on the Reddit ages ago: what if yan-chan was a straight up sociopath to start with? Maybe like all future murders she started with killing/hurting small animals but on one occasion early in her 2nd year Senpai interrupted assuming that she had found a cat hit by a car and just barely alive, the 2 of them work together to keep it alive before handing it over to the vet. She falls for Senpai because of his caring nature and tries to curb her sadistic urges so that he can like her (because she's grown up knowing her dad can never look past her mothers monsterous side and she doesn't want that for herself). The conflict of the game then becomes do we allow yan-chan to be herself and be cruel or do we help her turn over a new leaf by becoming (even if it's faking it) a person Senpai could love?

Needs way more fleshing out 

Posted (edited)

I tossed an idea around on the Reddit ages ago: what if yan-chan was a straight up sociopath to start with? Maybe like all future murders she started with killing/hurting small animals but on one occasion early in her 2nd year Senpai interrupted assuming that she had found a cat hit by a car and just barely alive, the 2 of them work together to keep it alive before handing it over to the vet. She falls for Senpai because of his caring nature and tries to curb her sadistic urges so that he can like her (because she's grown up knowing her dad can never look past her mothers monsterous side and she doesn't want that for herself). The conflict of the game then becomes do we allow yan-chan to be herself and be cruel or do we help her turn over a new leaf by becoming (even if it's faking it) a person Senpai could love?

Needs way more fleshing out 

Huh. I was trying to tackle why Yandere's mom would let her be the way she is. Blue, isn't it cool you gave Yandere actual sadistic tendencies? 

Edited by HoneyNutFemios

Posted

Huh. I was trying to tackle why Yandere's mom would let her be the way she is. Blue, isn't it cool you gave Yandere actual sadistic tendencies? 

She's supposed to be a Yandere  XD. But even sadistic characters need reasons to be so... 

Posted (edited)

She's supposed to be a Yandere  XD. But even sadistic characters need reasons to be so... 

Agreed. 

Edited by HoneyNutFemios

Posted (edited)

Also, I figured I should do a quick recap. So when I do this, I am reposting my pictures here and adding the updated ideas people had for them. 

IMG_20170630_143011.thumb.jpg.6ddf27e7e4IMG_20170630_143020.thumb.jpg.2049031986This girl is Mei Himura a.k.a. retouched Osana. She is a type-1 diabetic teenaged girl whose parents run an animal shelter. She wants to be a librarian, that is certain of her personality. What isn't so certain is who she loves romantically: Senpai or his sister, Hanako. The Yandere can straight up kill her or try to hook Mei up with Hanako instead. Either way, if Mei picks Senpai, it is game over. Mei is close to Senpai because when she was a chubby little girl, Senpai would protect her from bullies. Mei decided to return the favor, though later met Hanako who contrasts with her new attitude in life. She comes off as pushy and crude but deep down, she is still a sweet girl. 

IMG_20170701_141809.thumb.jpg.ee248968caIMG_20170701_141816.thumb.jpg.d106a5dba0Now this is an unpopular remake of both Midori Gurin and Info-Chan. On the surface, the idea I had worked well at first. Later on, thanks to @bluepanda800 and her valid critique, I may begin to rework her. Why? Well for starters, I have to connect Chitose's two identities together in some way (maybe making both of them like social  media and having one of them show mannerisms of the other in some way to make them still the same person) and to think of a backstory (Why did Chitose become Info-Chan and also the seemingly unaware girl at school?) So this character I recommend gets a lot of tweaking. 

IMG_20170701_194552.thumb.jpg.ccdd159d80IMG_20170704_214700.thumb.jpg.3fc2d3054eSo this is Yumiko Maekawa. This is the first character to give me proper ideas for an actual 'lose' situation involving the characters. While it was obvious what Mei's lose situation would be but Yumiko was different. Originally she was requested to be a 'non-pedophilic' Mida Rana. So I thought mainly many ways Yumiko would not be interested in Senpai romantically.

For starters, Yumiko is biologically Senpai's paternal aunt as well as a math teacher. While she is attractive to high school boys, she seems to ignore their conversations about being 'hot for teacher.' Yumiko's dirty secret was when she was younger, she was an idol, specifically a video girl as well as a gravure idol. She left the idol industry after being kicked out when they discovered she was planning to marry her first husband. He died in an accident leaving her with their son, an excitable elementary school boy named Kouki. Kouki is excited for middle school and wants his mom to be in a picture of him before he leaves for his first day there. She is planning on remarrying another person who happens to also attract unwanted attention with his appearance and happens to be a single parent after their spouse's demise. I got an idea for his name to be Daichi' after asking for ideas for names. 

Many people asked what would be the 'lose' situation be if they didn't love Senpai. That is when another user, @toxicity gave out a good idea: Yumiko is more than just a substitute teacher: She is an incredible math teacher who threatens Senpai's relationship because she is making Senpai's parents consider transferring him out of the school Yandere and Senpai go to into a more prestigious academy. @Rumiel mentioned that Yumiko could be transferring to a different school as well as both Yumiko and Senpai's parents are getting better business opportunities at a different area and they were considering Senpai moving in with Yumiko. This bode well to my idea of what Yumiko was going to be in my head. A character Yandere hates initially but starts to warm up to as she gets to know more. 

IMG_20170702_221937.thumb.jpg.0f45ff563bIMG_20170704_214654.thumb.jpg.bda25267adLast but absolutely not least is Sumire Oshiro! She is the Kizana edit I did. I am just going to copy paste from the original post on her, this time giving her crush a name:

So this is Sumire Oshiro, an aspiring director, a surprisingly chill drama club leader, and a rebellious teenager in her own unique way. Sure she can be vain, pretentious, and a little on the camp side, but she just uses that diva side to put the real divas in their place. Surely this director would stay motivated to help create a performance of Peter Pan before the end of the semester right? Especially to prove her mom she isn't a damsel in need of rescuing in the end? 

Enter a chubby nerdy boy in the tech department named Ibuki Ando that keeps making Sumire lose her lines, lose her cool, and ultimately makes her a hot mess. She has learned right away why she is this way and she needs help more than ever. For the first time ever, Sumire needs to play the role her mom wanted her to perform and confess her feelings to this adorable dork she's head over heels for. And the one person she needs to practice her lines is none other than Senpai himself (who is playing as Mr. Schmee). Is Senpai a bad enough dude to save the Peter Pan play in time?

Lose Condition: Over time, Senpai and Sumire would soon believe the improvising they are using for each other with Sumire developing feelings for Senpai instead. This will lead to Sumire to confess her feelings to Senpai instead of Ibuki, whose feelings would actually be crushed. In order for the Yandere to prevent this, she will need to get both Sumire and her crush to interact with each other instead, making Sumire have a natural and more awkward but still sweet confession to the cute boy himself. Once Sumire truly confesses to the adorable nerd in control of the stage, the Yandere will no longer see Sumire as a threat. 

It's another 'Play Cupid' scenario with a whole play being on the line as well as Senpai's relationship with the rival. I know I tried to steer away from the 'Himedere' approach with her because the only ones close to Kizana I met at the theater club at my high school quit after their first year never to do anything again with no major role. I think real theater people should still have that diva side but should also have a 'chill, relaxed' side to them, mainly be like Danny Zucko from Grease in the amount of jerk they can be. This is just a personal preference of mine, but let me know what else I can add to Sumire.

Also I added something a little exciting: I finally got the time to design an actual school uniform in a way. Yes it is generic looking with a regular polo shirt and a skirt for girls and a pair of trousers for the boys. Seeing the girls still wear red, white, and blue like in Academi High though... I noticed red is a popular trend for rival characters. Mei Himura and Sumire Oshiro both wear red and white in their stockings. If I were to design a new rival, should I avoid making them wear red this time but still make their stockings match the rest of their uniform? 

Anyway, thoughts on any more recaps? I saw another Osana edit on here and I am curious to see them now here as well. 

Edited by HoneyNutFemios

Posted

Damn you are making them into actual individual characters, I love how cute you drew them too btw. @bluepanda800's idea about Yandere-chan being sadistic from the start sounds really interesting.

I also like the school uniform design! Looks different, and the colors are nice. And to the question about rival and stockings, I think it could be a nice concept to still match the uniform but still make them "stand out" in a type of way.

Posted

Damn you are making them into actual individual characters, I love how cute you drew them too btw. @bluepanda800's idea about Yandere-chan being sadistic from the start sounds really interesting.

I also like the school uniform design! Looks different, and the colors are nice. And to the question about rival and stockings, I think it could be a nice concept to still match the uniform but still make them "stand out" in a type of way.

Good idea. I think I might try to work with that. 

Posted

Here is my first attempt at the Hanako redesign:

IMG_20170705_141246.thumb.jpg.95d4bef279This is Hanako Masaki. She is only a threat if you make her one. While not romantically attached to Senpai as Mei or Sumire, she will still be a threat to the Yandere if you decide to kill Mei. Hanako is however very useful in Mei's route as a suitor for her so Mei can sort out her feelings between her and Senpai. So she plays the same role as Ibuki Ando if you want a happier ending for Mei. If not, Hanako will become paranoid and soon overprotective of Senpai, and will probably ask her mom to transfer the both of them out of the school. Hanako is allergic to peanuts so if you guys want to poison her, look no further than peanut butter cookies. 

Honestly I should have made a Hanako design from the start. I didn't know however where to start. I just decided to remove the twin tails as we already have one rival with those twin tails. Giving her a short Bob made more sense. 

Why did I give her a different surname? I figured having parents divorce and remarry would make sense as to why Hanako would transfer. She is technically Senpai's half sister but they get a majority of their traits from Senpai's mother so she may as well be a biological sister. Masaki was... Thanks to Tenchi Muyo!... 

Hanako is still a childish girl but she is a little more meek and humble due to the fact it is a new school and she hasn't made any new friends yet outside of Senpai and Mei. She also likes most animals so she is kind of the opposite of the Yandere @bluepanda800 suggested. She finds injured animals and heals them back to their nicer selves. She wants to become a veterinarian but her main issue is her fear of cats. She is considering volunteering at Mei's animal shelter to overcome her fear of cats. 

Also, I started to design the stockings for the girls sort of. Mei's socks are a little sloppy and crumpled down but they have an animal pawprint pattern in red and blue that matches the school's colors. Hanako's socks are knee socks and have hearts on them. Sumire's is an off-color red with white flowers on them. 

Posted

I had an idea for an alternative name for this rendition of Yandere Simulator... Since so far two (or three if you count Hanako) of the rivals you actually have the option to hook up, I had the proposal of naming this "Match Girl" after the fairy tale of the same name. Mainly because the Yandere really wants to see the world burn but can't because of Senpai is in this world in particular and he wants people to be happy. 

Posted

I was thinking more on the School Atmosphere mechanic last night and how useless it is, compounded with Alex sperging about how parents would still send their children to school with a serial killer on the loose because in his vast knowledge of Japanese culture, the Japanese value education over their lives. :alpacaheadshake:

As it is now, all the school atmosphere is supposed to do is increase the NPCs' vision so they can witness you better. And that's it. I think. Well, and the obvious visual changes.

Anyway, my new ideas are that between 66%-100% atmosphere, game play continues as normal.

However, if it drops to 33%-66%, not only do NPCs have a larger field of vision, but they can also run faster. This allows them to flee easier from you, alert a teacher or the police quicker, and in general escape and make hunting down witnesses harder. Their reaction animations are also shorter/done faster so they can get to the fleeing part faster (really, ever watch the Let's Players? witnesses just stand around, reacting, waiting for you to kill them). Heroic characters are given a power boost, and more locks are installed on doors around the school (I remember like two years ago, Alex talks about locking doors. Yeah, that's so happened.) This is also the level where NPCs will gang up and subdue the player character if there's enough of them, perhaps with an event saying they all got ALICE training or something due to the atmosphere dropping (and for some reason I can't link to the ALICE website or anything related...).

Once the atmosphere drops to 1%-33%, not only does the school install more security cameras (since it should already have some to begin with), but they lock down everything and all the weapons and other contra-band items Ayano needs become much, much harder to get. At this point, parents begin pulling their children from school, so there's less student NPCs running around. While this might seem easier with less witnesses, they are instead replaced by security guards who monitor the entrance and patrol the hallways and are even harder to subdue than the teachers, if not impossible. Furthermore, school hours get cut short so the remaining students can get sent home early for their own safety. That means Ayano cannot get any club boosts nor does she have time to eliminate rivals during after school hours. However, skipping class can get her in major trouble on the spot if she's caught by a guard.

Obviously, if the atmosphere hits 0% the school closes and it's game over as Senpai is transferred somewhere far away from Ayano.

With levels like this, it means the player can't just kill everyone and leave evidence without making gameplay significantly harder and having logical consequences. It requires strategy and forethought. Furthermore, there could even be an option on the menu screen for players to deliberately set their atmosphere lower--for those players looking for a challenge and attempting a difficult-level violence run at 1% atmosphere or something like that. This feature could be unlockable once the game is beaten once.

Ayano can do things to raise the atmosphere, but it would take several weeks for it to slowly rise on its own. Framing someone else for all the incidents would help, as would doing things around the school to help her fellow students. Things like talking to them with certain choices from a dialogue tree, doing tasks for them, and even activities involved with the clubs (cooking club makes food for people, martial arts club offers to stand security, art club paints portraits of NPCs, occult club---I dunno, maybe they make protective amulets to give away). There could even be larger events that if they go off without incident (such as a school festival or play, meaning the player has to not take advantage of these events for mayhem) then the atmosphere creeps more positive.

And one final thing--the atmosphere should have a subtle effect on Senpai's sanity meter. The longer it stays low, the more sanity he loses. Senpai also can lose a lot of sanity if someone close to him disappears or is murdered or is thought to commit suicide or is bullied et (all edgy elimination methods have varying degrees of impact on his sanity and depend on how much he sees and how long they go on). The lower Senpai's sanity gets, the higher it is likely for his parents to pull him from school and put him into therapy, meaning Ayano never sees him again, leading to a game over. This would be determined by some type of escalating RNG mechanic with the higher RNG probability being linked to a lower sanity level.

And really, come on Alex. Why doesn't Senpai have a sanity meter yet? Even a shitty one? Is it for the same reason that he doesn't have a personality? Oh yeah, Alex, btw, when you steal this, I want full credit.