• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Tana Mongeau

504 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tana Mongeau

Instagram |  YouTube | Twitter

Image result for tana mongeau gif

Information:

• Was born on June 24, 1998 (Currently 20) and is from Las Vegas
  • First made her channel in 2015, rose to popularity very quickly

Controversies

• Exaggerates her storytime videos
  • First became famous for her stories about her stalker, who she claimed has been stalking her since 2nd grade
    • Stalker wrote a heart felt love letter to her
    • Stalker took polaroid pictures of her while she was sleeping
    • Claimed she put the stalker in jail
    • People have questioned these stalker allegations since polariod cameras are loud, and people also found the same exact letter Tana said the stalker sent her online, since it was a copypasta
  • Used the N word in videos in 2012
  • Has a channel called "trash" where she picks some fans to upload their content on the trash channel
  • Treated her assistant, Alyssa Cardiff terribly and told everyone she fired her. Also said she did a half-assed job and asked for way too much money
    • Tana never paid her on time, which caused her to quit herself instead of being fired by Tana
    • Was basically her glorified house cleaner, and only paid her $10 an hour
  • Claimed she was assaulted/put in a choke hold by iDubbbz in the "Say n*****"/Content Cop incident at the meet and greet, when he just put his arm around her
  • Is apparently friends and has made out with fellow snowflake Bella Thorne
  • Claims to be vegan, but still uses makeup brands that are non-cruelty free
  • Discusses drugs/alcohol/mixing drugs and alcohol to a younger audience (many of these experiences occurred prior to her being 18, too)
  • Made a video about someone calling in a bomb thread to McCarran Airport in her name and the FBI going after her, but there was no evidence online of this even occurring
  • Is now friends with (fellow trash) Bella Thorne and have made videos together

TanaCon Drama

• In April 2018, Tana said she was starting a con called "Tanacon," which was supposed to serve as some type of alternative to Vidcon in June 2018
  • Event ends up being a failure of catastrophic proportions, basically on the disaster scale of Fyre Music Festival and Dashcon
  • Following the con, there is a lot of shadiness on what happened from both Tana and the company that managed the con, Good Times
    • Videos come out showing that Tana and Michael Weist, the CEO of Good Times, knew that the venue was too small and went ahead with selling too many tickets
    • Initially, there was much confusion on how many people were waiting outside of the con to get in. Tana insists very specifically that 15,000 people were outside, multiple times in videos discussing the aftermath of the con
    • Michael also seems to verify that 15,000 people were outside of the hotel, which the police department and Shane Dawson later say is false and confirm that only around 4,000-5,000 people were outside
  • Shane Dawson sets out to create a three-part documentary series about all of the controversy, documentary can be viewed here:
  • As of July 2018, a class-action lawsuit against Tana might happen
Edited by mahoushojo
Topic updated by MahouShojo

Posted

i kinda like her but i can see why a lot of people don't. i also feel really sorry about her whole stalker thing because after seeing her last vid on it, it seems genuine??? like, she's visibly upset about it and i believe i heard her mention how she thinks she's going to die young from the stalker so she wants to kinda live life to the fullest and pack the most into every day :alpacadone:

the love letter/ story thing was a bit of a mess tho and i can see how some of her vids come off as exaggerated and click baity

Posted

I can't tell whether she's faking it or not. She has so many stories- most are so over-the-top and come with no or easily fakeable receipts so its hard to tell. It would take someone who is in her circle to come forward for the internet to ever know the truth.

I like her angle though, hot teenage blonde girl living this all over the west coast lifestyle with managers and tours and larger than life adventures. Very appealing to her audience, whether its all fake or not its still impressive.

Posted

i kinda like her but i can see why a lot of people don't. i also feel really sorry about her whole stalker thing because after seeing her last vid on it, it seems genuine??? like, she's visibly upset about it and i believe i heard her mention how she thinks she's going to die young from the stalker so she wants to kinda live life to the fullest and pack the most into every day :alpacadone:

the love letter/ story thing was a bit of a mess tho and i can see how some of her vids come off as exaggerated and click baity

She keeps pushing through the whole stalker is happening which I find yikes. The stalker should just stop tbh. But I mean if she is genuine that is all what matters 👌

I can't tell whether she's faking it or not. She has so many stories- most are so over-the-top and come with no or easily fakeable receipts so its hard to tell. It would take someone who is in her circle to come forward for the internet to ever know the truth.

I like her angle though, hot teenage blonde girl living this all over the west coast lifestyle with managers and tours and larger than life adventures. Very appealing to her audience, whether its all fake or not its still impressive.

I can't tell either. I mean if someone came out and told it could be good or bad.. we wouldn't know if they would want to put her down or something.

i do find her somewhat appealing and glad she's having fun. But she should becareful too.

Posted

I just watched her dying her hair pink and I thought it looked sooo good on her tbh sadly she didn't like it at all >:
I kind of watch her videos on and off I'm just not that into storytime videos but she seems really sweet and genuine?
Tbh I got to know her through the drama with freelee which made me like her in an instant

Posted

I just watched her dying her hair pink and I thought it looked sooo good on her tbh sadly she didn't like it at all >:
I kind of watch her videos on and off I'm just not that into storytime videos but she seems really sweet and genuine?
Tbh I got to know her through the drama with freelee which made me like her in an instant

I think any color would look good on her honestly. Maybe she should go black next time? I saw some snaps addressing some issue about someone and I mean it seems hearltfelt.

Posted

I really like her personality and sense of humor, but I don't think every story she tells is 100% true lol. She is such a good story teller though, so I really hope she continues with it in the future! Whether or not her stories are true they are very captivating, and her story-time videos have garnered her a big audience so she's obviously doing something right.

Posted

I do like her storytimes but watching it and seeing her use five different edgy phrases in a row to describe a part of the story that isn't even the climax of the story gets annoying after the fifth time. 

Its like just tell me already.

Posted

I've been subscribed to Tana since she had about 200k subs and I've never gotten any vibes from her that she's faking or making things up. She might exaggerate, but I don't think she's lying. Also, her personality and sense of humor have remained consistent throughout all of her videos which makes me feel like she's a genuine, which is really difficult to find in YouTubers nowadays. What I love about her is that she doesn't try to hide dumb things she's done or said in the past and she openly admits to it and apologizes for her mistakes. 

And her stalker story is truly awful. She has mentioned that she has been dealing with this person since elementary school and I feel like things have gotten much worse since she started YouTube. 

Overall, I think Tana is a good person. She's entertaining and very open with her viewers, and I hope she goes far in the future. 

Posted

I've been subscribed to Tana since she had about 200k subs and I've never gotten any vibes from her that she's faking or making things up. She might exaggerate, but I don't think she's lying. Also, her personality and sense of humor have remained consistent throughout all of her videos which makes me feel like she's a genuine, which is really difficult to find in YouTubers nowadays. What I love about her is that she doesn't try to hide dumb things she's done or said in the past and she openly admits to it and apologizes for her mistakes. 

And her stalker story is truly awful. She has mentioned that she has been dealing with this person since elementary school and I feel like things have gotten much worse since she started YouTube. 

Overall, I think Tana is a good person. She's entertaining and very open with her viewers, and I hope she goes far in the future. 

ik this isnt the most popular tana opinion but ia. she seems truly sorry for her use of slurs in the past and so far she hasnt slipped up in that area again so who am i to judge

a lot of people subscribe to the theory that her stalker is actually a stalker and a ghost messing with her in her apt. i dont believe in ghosts but she's admitted to some degree of mental illness and i believe she's just paranoid abt otherwise ordinary occurrences. its much more common than a wall climbing, laundry folding stalker.

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

The only thing about her story times that sticks out to me is how much crazy stuff supposedly happens to her, I just feel like she makes up a lot of it for the views. Also, her videos with Shane are a bit off putting, like is it really necessary to pee on somebody for views? Not really a fan of her collab channel either..

Posted

I really do think alot of the story times are exaggerated,  not just hers but most other youtubers. Like if they were to get bit by a dog,  they'd say they got  attacked by a pack of dogs! or if a person bumped into her at the mall,  they'd say they got into a fight. You really can't take these story times seriously.  Especially with the big youtubers that have money to fake "evidence" and pay people off. Buuuuutttt, I do find her entertaining and shed seem like a nice genuine friend to have. We all got that one friend that really extra but yall still hang out every weekend lmao. Shell probably end up a host on a daytime  talkshow in 10 years or something. 

I feel like if its within the law she should say who her stalker is. These large youtubers aren't dumb any person they name will have loaads of hate sent their way.  He has caused so much alleged pain and hurt to her and if the police arent able to do anything to put him in jail....that option  is on the table. The court of public opinion can be pretty brutal I mean she already shares literally everything.

Posted

I honestly don't think a lot of her stories are exaggerated just cause I know people who are prone to crazy things happening to them and doesn't she live in Las Vegas? I'd expect partying and drugs to be [crazier] there.

Posted

I'm surprised no one here is talking about her assistant drama or the stuff going on with that other YouTuber :alpacaconfused: