Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Venus Angelic Subforum Rules (read before posting)

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a seemingly stupid question.... Because the thread has a tendency to rack up pages in a short amount of time and people have verbally stated that they refuse to read prior pages, I worry your link to this page will be missed so... if we see someone breaking these rules is it ok to quote their comment (so they'll see it) and link this post so they can read the rules? Or just stick to reporting? Or PM it? Just want to be absolutely clear on things :).

Thank you for this post! I know at least for me it helps me a lot. 

And people really care about post counts? This is a thing? I really couldn't care less about post counts.. I just post when I think what I have to say is relevant *shrugs* >_<

Edited by Biscuit

Posted (edited)

If it's like a new user, then referring to this thread in a non-hostile manner is fine. But if they attack you, and start arguing with you, or continue with disregarding the rules, then I think it's time to report them. However, if it's like pages and pages of numerous of members disgregarding the rules, then it's probably best if a staff member jumps in.

And yeah, unfortunately there are some members that care about their amount of posts (these are usually very young members, or fangelics). This is one of the reasons as to why I originally didn't want to use the reputation system (where you get a badge, such as a star), because it might encourage those members to go cray.

edit: there are also members who feel personally attacked when they get dislikes.... :alpacaworry2: again, young members, I believe

Edited by johndoe

Posted

Maybe you could add to not drag family members into it, like it happens with Venus' Gramp's instagram over and over again? That would be nice. Thank you!

Posted

A bit offtopic. But everytime I see you guys talking about the "mcdonalds" post I chuckle a bit since it was my post. The mcdonalds will forever haunt me..  I feel very bullied. I need a certain princess from a certain country to defend my honor. :darth:

Fo'real, Aside from the mcdonalds jelly, you guys do an awesome job in managing the forum. :alpacacrush:

Posted

A bit offtopic. But everytime I see you guys talking about the "mcdonalds" post I chuckle a bit since it was my post. The mcdonalds will forever haunt me..  I feel very bullied. I need a certain princess from a certain country to defend my honor. :darth:

Fo'real, Aside from the mcdonalds jelly, you guys do an awesome job in managing the forum. :alpacacrush:

Yeah... the "I see you changed your name" one was said about me, and I answered in a chatty way. I feel bad for prompting annoyance for a mod and contributing, too.

Sorry, mods! Big fan!

Posted (edited)

Reading this rule set and explanation has made me realize I loathe young people already in my tender early 20s. Where is my cosmopolitan?

Joking aside, this is a pretty good rule set. Do you intend to make a distinction between the Margo thread and the general thread? Many of Margos normal pictures (aka not trashing Venus photos) are posted there as well. 

Edited by Serena

Posted

In the original Venus Angelic Thread, it said: 

General Venus Angelic thread.

You can discuss pretty much anything here, but please keep the video discussions in this thread:
Venus Angelics Videos

(sorry, on my cellphone and not sure how to quote) 

And at the time, I don't think the General Thread #2 first page said anything regarding videos. 

So when someone told me "no posting videos in this thread", I didn't assume they were an administrator, but I did assume they knew more than me. So I went to read the rules and found the "please keep video discussions in this thread" in General Thread #1. What the other member told me was basically what was in that thread, so I assumed that rule carried over to the new thread, and they probably assumed the same. 

So, sorry for the confusion - it's not that I thought other members had administrative power or that I was trying to blame you for anything, I just thought it was still a rule. Sorry about that! It's cleared up now. :alpacaworry2:

Posted

I hope my suggestion/comment doesn't get me in trouble cus it seems to me since the Venus drama started everyone (especially people who are new or mainly lurk) is scared to say anything in case it gets them into trouble as some people here seem to throw a fit if you post something that's not suppost to be posted. Ok, i know there's a video thread for Venus's videos but by general thread surely that means anything related to Venus in general? But if it's only things that are related to the drama that means NOTHING relating to the drama at all cannot be posted to that thread? It's just way to confusing to me, like does that mean any instagram post not relating to the drama shouldn't be posted? All i see happening is that there's going to be way too many threads and it'll just get confusing, it's so nice and much easier being able to talk about Venus's videos all in one place than having to go to several different threads. I can totally understand the useless comments as then you have 20+ pages that people have to go through and they don't bring anything to the thread at all, but i hope you understand my comment and nobody gets angry at me or that i've done something wrong as i haven't posted many comments but theres so many things on this website that you can and can't do and this website feels like it's policed more and more alately. 

Posted

lol make a thread about rules for not posting in the wrong section and someone still manages to post something completely off topic

Posted (edited)

I hope my suggestion/comment doesn't get me in trouble cus it seems to me since the Venus drama started everyone (especially people who are new or mainly lurk) is scared to say anything in case it gets them into trouble as some people here seem to throw a fit if you post something that's not suppost to be posted. Ok, i know there's a video thread for Venus's videos but by general thread surely that means anything related to Venus in general? But if it's only things that are related to the drama that means NOTHING relating to the drama at all cannot be posted to that thread? It's just way to confusing to me, like does that mean any instagram post not relating to the drama shouldn't be posted? All i see happening is that there's going to be way too many threads and it'll just get confusing, it's so nice and much easier being able to talk about Venus's videos all in one place than having to go to several different threads. I can totally understand the useless comments as then you have 20+ pages that people have to go through and they don't bring anything to the thread at all, but i hope you understand my comment and nobody gets angry at me or that i've done something wrong as i haven't posted many comments but theres so many things on this website that you can and can't do and this website feels like it's policed more and more alately. 

Nono, the general thread is for when you don't know where to post your information. As in, when there is no thread specifically for something (I.e videos). It isn't for drama related things only, it just happens that the maggot vs venus drama ended up there. It should have had its own seperate thread tbh. I know it's confusing when it's titled ''general'' thread, but general threads were created on PULL 1.0 after we had many seperate threads, because there were some things that did not fit in a specific category, and people didn't know where to discuss it, so general threads were created where you can dump that kind of information. The type of information that isn't big enough to have its own thread, that is.

The reason as to why we have always had many threads is so that you can focus on specific topics without having to go through a million pages of things that you are not interested in. And it's also easier to locate things that you are searching for. I personally reallyreallyreally do not care for Venus videos and her pictures. 500 pages of criticing her teeth, the way she acts on videos, how her hair is frizzy, how she has changed her hair colour for the millionth time, her outfits, etc, is the most uninteresting topic of all times imo. I get it, she photoshops. And all of her videos are basically the same (eating food/candy). But if I do want to discuss it, then I know where to.

I hope this cleared things up better. I'll get someone else to explain it if my post was non-sensical :)

Edited by johndoe

Posted

Nono, the general thread is for when you don't know where to post your information. As in, when there is no thread specifically for something (I.e videos). It isn't for drama related things only, it just happens that the maggot vs venus drama ended up there. It should have had its own seperate thread tbh. I know it's confusing when it's titled ''general'' thread, but general threads were created on PULL 1.0 after we had many seperate threads, because there were some things that did not fit in a specific category, and people didn't know where to discuss it, so general threads were created where you can dump that kind of information. The type of information that isn't big enough to have its own thread, that is.

The reason as to why we have always had many threads is so that you can focus on specific topics without having to go through a million pages of things that you are not interested in. And it's also easier to locate things that you are searching for. I personally reallyreallyreally do not care for Venus videos and her pictures. 500 pages of criticing her teeth, the way she acts on videos, how her hair is frizzy, how she has changed her hair colour for the millionth time, her outfits, etc, is the most uninteresting topic of all times imo. I get it, she photoshops. And all of her videos are basically the same (eating food/candy). But if I do want to discuss it, then I know where to.

I hope this cleared things up better. I'll get someone else to explain it if my post was non-sensical :)

Thank you :) I understand now, i have been lurking for ages on PULL but rarely comment as people just seem to repeat the same thing so theres not much left to contribute so it's nice to know how Venus's general thread was made and i definitely understand what that threads used for now, your post totally made sense and thanks again ^_^ 

Posted

@johndoe Perhaps add in people asking about "how long is Margo going to stay in Japan/How long is a Visa good for?" I've literally seen this question asked on every page now and it's been answered by several people many times. Not to mention Visa's vary from country to country. And that's something you can easily google anyway. It's just laziness at this point.

Posted

I think we should have the Venus/Margo drama in it's own category- feel like there's enough information for it to have it's own category. I feel like it's messing up the general forum as the drama is all we talk about. 

Posted

Doesn't this website and its cover banner suggest something a little more provocative?...No?...So strict on the words we write?...Which are just symbols on a monitor?