• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

bestdressed/ ashley

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Ashley (aka bestdressed) is a youtuber with over 800,000 subscribers. She’s currently a film student at UCLA and makes videos primarily focused on fashion.

Youtube: @bestdressed

Instagram: @best.dressed

I definitely think that she’s fun to watch. She seems very smart, hardworking, and passionate about what she does. I haven’t heard much about her, although she’s growing quite rapidly.

322A1001-75E0-4C7B-B52A-5285F79977AB.jpeg

527B5FCF-54B3-4EA6-9903-3A484947A81A.jpeg

Posted

I like her a lot- her fashion sense is nice and her editing style is charming. Her voice is somewhat grating on me and I would never have expected her to sound like that based on her Instagram pics. Somewhat awkward way of speaking and expressing herself (she always says "spicy"?) but genuine and well-meaning.

Good video quality overall. I think I've watched most of her vids except for the more talky, less fashion-focused ones. 

Posted

Anyone else think she’s very basic looking?

Posted

Anyone else think she’s very basic looking?

kinda, yeah. don't get me wrong, i'm still subscribed to her and shit but she's basically a girlier emma chamberlain imo

Posted

kinda, yeah. don't get me wrong, i'm still subscribed to her and shit but she's basically a girlier emma chamberlain imo

I’ll be honest I haven’t checked out her content so I don’t have an opinion on her YouTube yet but if I saw her

on the street I wouldn’t think twice 

Posted

I think she's cute! She's not like a goddess who descended to Earth to bless man-kind with her beauty, but then again, who is? She's pretty and has a nice sense of style and I find that her voice reminds me of Safia? They speak in a similar register. 

Posted

I only watched her room makeover video and it looked nice so i subscribed. just seems like another youtube thats growing rapidly and is pretty open about their life. I wonder if there is any tea on her. I really hope there isn't because she seems like a nice girl

Posted (edited)

Oh! I've been tuned into her content for a while since she does a couple of thrifting videos here and then.

I love how she explains every piece of clothing in an outfit, it makes it easier to get inspiration as to how I can incorporate bits of her style of fashion into mine. I will admit, she does have a very 'basic' sense of fashion but I think it suits her and I'm glad she found a style that she sticks with.

With Ashley though, I feel like she just puts on a ~*quirky and relatable*~ type of persona to make her videos more interesting and it really makes it hard for me to watch because it looks so awkward... :alpacadone:

Also:

I totally get what you mean! :alpacashocked: I used to be a fan of catcreature when she made more fashion and art-based videos, but I never watch her vlogs and videos with her bf because it's just too weird for me??? not sure how but there's something off about them in front of the camera and it's the same for ashley and her bf

Edited by K1BO
added another comment

Posted (edited)

Also:

I totally get what you mean! :alpacashocked: I used to be a fan of catcreature when she made more fashion and art-based videos, but I never watch her vlogs and videos with her bf because it's just too weird for me??? not sure how but there's something off about them in front of the camera and it's the same for ashley and her bf

Yeah, I thought I was seeing things, but I do agree with you, Ashley and her boyfriend remind me a lot of CatCreature and her boyfriend (though in a less in-your-face way but at the same time more in your face???? because they're pretty open about their sexual lives and that's kinda weird lmao). I just think Ashley's bf is a bit camera shy, which contributes to the effect or causes it altogether, but I'm glad she hasn't been shoving the guy down our throats in every possible video; I just skip her "couple focused" videos and I'm done.

Anyways, I think she has a nice sense of style, because she can make basics look nice. I'm kinda tired of those Youtube/Instagram girls that are too over the top with their fashion (like the early 2000s obsession... It's a yikes for me), so Ashley's a nice break from the Bratz doll or Kim Kardashian looks. She's pretty funny and down to earth, and that only makes her more pleasant to watch, I can safely say she's become one of my favorite Youtubers now.

Edited by saerosade
Formatting and spacing

Posted

i don't like her. i like her fashion, i like her style, i like her taste, but something feels so off about her personality to me. it feels like every sentence she says, she's trying to jam in some FUN!WITTY!SALTY casual self deprecation, whining about being poor, etc. had to unsub because it's 1) disheartening, and 2) really effing annoying. although for someone into asthetics with about 900k subs, she's a hell of a lot better than kenna.

Posted

i don't like her. i like her fashion, i like her style, i like her taste, but something feels so off about her personality to me. it feels like every sentence she says, she's trying to jam in some FUN!WITTY!SALTY casual self deprecation, whining about being poor, etc. had to unsub because it's 1) disheartening, and 2) really effing annoying. although for someone into asthetics with about 900k subs, she's a hell of a lot better than kenna.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't like her, but her self deprecating jokes seem so forced. I like how she edits her videos and the aesthetics of it, but there isn't much substance to the content itself I would say. Like what makes her so different from any other broke college student aside from the ~*aesthetics*~ 

Posted

I really like Ashley and her style but her boyfriend mehhhh not so much. kind of felt weird she thought he was out of her league when she's really pretty, accomplished, and hard-working. 

Posted

i really like ashley! at first i didn’t because she was very much in your face but i kinda skipped over that and just watch other parts of her video. her fashion sense is really nice and it has inspired me to dress better lol. the only thing i just get annoyed with is what other people are saying are the self deprecating jokes and i think she even pointed out that she feels like she’s forced to say stuff like that. 

Posted

from makeup to building a fake brick wall, she prefaces every single thing she does with a disclaimer of having no idea what she's doing. she talks fast, she mumbles, she has this beautiful asthetic and great style and she is obviously proud of what she's doing, and yet she pretends to be this trash heap. enough pls.