• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

498 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone! I want to try making a thread for cosplay celebrities and personalities who don't have a thread. The reason I wanna try making this, is that cosplay has been quite popular for some time. And because of that, a lot of people gain fame from it and some can get quite cancerous. 

Try to name a cosplayer who gets into at least one of the categories:

1. Overly photoshops his/her photo

2. Tries to stir up a bunch of drama with other people. Some to the point where their WKs come into action.

3. Only uses cosplay for fame

4. Doesn't give credit to rightful people

5. Always confuses cosplay for fashion

I can't express just how many girls from the Asian community are like this. But I'm sure there's a lot overseas too.

Examples:

Alodia Gosiengfiao (Philippines)

-she cosplays and streams a lot. But during the earlier years of her cosplay career, Alodia had beef with her former photographer friend for selling out prints without giving her a cut. Also, people have kept on wanting to know what happened to her face coz it dramatically changed. I do believe in her statement that she got braces though. She also tried to do a cringey april fools video where she said she was going back to school. 

I want to give more examples soon. Just gotta collect data. But comment away for other cosplay personalities.

Posted (edited)

Wow I just saw this 10 years late and I was wishing someone would make a topic for cosplayers. :alpacashocked:

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

- Yaya Han. Reknown cosplayer in the community for her craftsmanship, her fabric and pattern line with McCall's and sexy cosplays. Had a TON drama with her off and on friend JNig, was in the disaster show Heroes of Cosplay (which had a lot of shady things going on behind the scenes), and has an elitist attitude according to some. 

- Fawnina/MangoSirene/Nina Stockman. Has some cosplay patterns with Simplicity. She accused other cosplayers of stealing her designs, has a bad attitude towards 'the haterz'  and stirred up controversy over her tanning her skin for a Lance cosplay, claiming she was part Armenian and it was ok. She laid low for a while and claimed to quit the cosplay scene all together, but she's since come back.

- TricksterKarkat and her twin Badcosplay. Other than their excessive use of photoshop, there's nothing really snowflakey about them. 

- And an old, old snowflake: Usagi Kou/Lori. She recently came back into the scene after having caused the biggest cosplay shitstorm in the early 2000's over her Sailor Moon cosplay. She started camming, made some pro-ana comments, and abused her fiance. She's manipulative, abusive, and still stirring drama to this day.

Edited by Lopunny
Added instagram links!

Posted

Someone messaged this to me, so I'll add it. Louistato: He's from Germany and as soon as you go onto his account, you'll quickly see that it's all overly edited. He has a side account on which he constantly whines about everything, it's getting really impressive. Nonetheless a lot of company's sponsor him for half assed looks that aren't even real, but most of it is edited in. I think he'd be an interesting snowflake to add. 

Posted

Can you guys post links?

Posted

Wow I just saw this 10 years late and I was wishing someone would make a topic for cosplayers. :alpacashocked:

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

- Yaya Han. Reknown cosplayer in the community for her craftsmanship, her fabric and pattern line with McCall's and sexy cosplays. Had a TON drama with her off and on friend JNig, was in the disaster show Heroes of Cosplay (which had a lot of shady things going on behind the scenes), and has an elitist attitude according to some. 

- Fawnina/MangoSirene/Nina Stockman. Has some cosplay patterns with Simplicity. She accused other cosplayers of stealing her designs, has a bad attitude towards 'the haterz'  and stirred up controversy over her tanning her skin for a Lance cosplay, claiming she was part Armenian and it was ok. She laid low for a while and claimed to quit the cosplay scene all together, but she's since come back.

- TricksterKarkat and her twin Badcosplay. Other than their excessive use of photoshop, there's nothing really snowflakey about them.

- And an old, old snowflake: Usagi Kou/Lori. She recently came back into the scene after having caused the biggest cosplay shitstorm in the early 2000's over her Sailor Moon cosplay. She started camming, made some pro-ana comments, and abused her fiance. She's manipulative, abusive, and still stirring drama to this day.

lol, Fawnina is a cosplayer that started around the same time as me in the same con scene. She’s always been super elitist and rude. Skilled gal, but I am glad her ugly side is being revealed to some extent. 

Posted

lol, Fawnina is a cosplayer that started around the same time as me in the same con scene. She’s always been super elitist and rude. Skilled gal, but I am glad her ugly side is being revealed to some extent. 

i actually don't get why there needs to be some type of caste system in cosplay. I remembered before that when cosplayers hanged out with more popular ones, they wpul be labelled as elitists/pros. 

I'll be pulling up a few pictures of cosplayers.

Here's Alodia Gosiengfiao:

1435100819657.jpg

Neneko and her sister Momo

zclvtpycbfhmrjnzyniitldooialaiznyzpcuoml-740.jpg

images (88).jpeg

Mon (I'm always freaked out on how her face looks in pictures)

ncgwegpflnowfbgoqopqbbpkadxqtxwnqlgjkuly-740.jpg

P1010915e.jpg

Before someone commented on Neneko not being so much of an angel. Need to dig it out at some point. 

Posted

wow! a lot of cosplay snowflakes coming from germany. i wonder what started the trend of overly shooping and closet cosplays. maybe that's why i don't go to cons that often anymore, since the community is overall toxic with these unrealistic goals in beauty and bashing of everyone who is a little too overweight or underweight or too small or too big for a character/cosplay. the community somehow destroyed itself by cringing at other cosplayers for not being perfect but also becoming toxic by seeing themselves as the elite of cosplay or labeling others as elitists as an insult for taking 'perfection too far' and shaming others for being good or professional about their costumes, 'you must think of yourself as an elitist..' etc. seen so much of it.

also i googled the people up you guys said and i didn't know louistato but when you look at his instagram posts via laptop you can see a lot of blur and obvious editing. people are sort of falling into this trap of hiveminds and thinking that nobody edits and that nobody uses the snow app, when tbh almost everyone does and some (like that guy) pretty much overdo it.

loius.thumb.jpg.c31ae8ed296eaae41c8f27c7

I mean you have to be really naive to not see the overused blur tool. his body is not even affected by irl lighting/shadows bc it's all so blurred into one color.

using the 'multiply' filter twice:

loiuss.thumb.png.0ef734d4794b228ebed77f8

the head does not even look like it belongs on the body anymore, so much blurr has been used on the face! and what's with this 1cm wide nosebridge?

let's use sharpening on it too:

aaaaalois.thumb.png.51aa1f065d43197dcfe1

wow! there has been made so much deformation in all parts of the pic where the pic is still blurry.

I think doing these two things (first multiplication to undo the bright filter and then sharpering) can expose a lot of cosplayers and where the editing has been done too extreme

Posted

I found her through her YT channel, I had no idea what kind of attitude she had behind the scenes until the whole Lance debacle happened. Like girl, you are pale as a ghost, there's no way in hell that your camera + lighting + not going outside made you turn 10 shades lighter.

Posted

I found her through her YT channel, I had no idea what kind of attitude she had behind the scenes until the whole Lance debacle happened. Like girl, you are pale as a ghost, there's no way in hell that your camera + lighting + not going outside made you turn 10 shades lighter.

She definitely has a superiority complex.  She would only hang around with Ackson and MLZ back in the day since they were the big videographers then, and pay no attention to you or talk snobby if you weren’t as skilled as her. She was always really close with Courtoon, but I believe she kinda fell off after Courtoon left for Cali and got big doing her own thing. I feel like she was always jealous of Courtoon’s looks and success. 

Posted

She definitely has a superiority complex.  She would only hang around with Ackson and MLZ back in the day since they were the big videographers then, and pay no attention to you or talk snobby if you weren’t as skilled as her. She was always really close with Courtoon, but I believe she kinda fell off after Courtoon left for Cali and got big doing her own thing. I feel like she was always jealous of Courtoon’s looks and success. 

The way she got defensive over her Mimikyu "design" and starting what was essentially a witch hunt was the biggest reddest flag of how she really is. I wouldn't be surprised if she was mainly motivated by jealousy or trying to one-up everybody to get that e-fame. She seems like the type to trample any person to get to the top.

Posted

I thought that the issues of looking very anime-ish only refelected on asia. Lol. I didn't know that the European communities can get very toxic too. :(

Posted

Fegalvao on IG

something seems questionable about her, plus she ~cosplays~ but I rarely ever see her at cons. Almost all her pics look like its taken in a bathroom. How many times can you guys spot the white tile bg? Lol

Posted

Fegalvao on IG

something seems questionable about her, plus she ~cosplays~ but I rarely ever see her at cons. Almost all her pics look like its taken in a bathroom. How many times can you guys spot the white tile bg? Lol

she has so many followers for a selfie-cosplayer...It's kinda questionable :alpacaworry:

Screenshot_2018-08-03-16-55-34-89.png

Screenshot_2018-08-03-16-55-51-81.png

Posted

is she really just 18??? She looks a lot older, I know some ppl lie about their age online saying they're younger but idk maybe it's just the makeup