• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

566 posts in this topic

Posted

Jillian Vessey / Pixielocks is 18 year-old interested in J-fashion. She spends her days obsessing over materialistic items at the expense of her parent's money and gets just about anything she wants. Jillian also likes magical girls, cats, makeup and makes boring Youtube videos. This thread was made because Jillian's thread is being banned on /snow/ on lolcow. 

Public Facebook // Private Facebook // Youtube // Instagram // Tumblr // Blog //  Lookbook

1506010621473.gif

Time Line/Past Drama:

• Used to be a technicolor punk/band kid with a history of anorexia, self-harm, depression and anxiety. Went to a eating disorder clinic.
  • Discovered Lolita fashion and experimented in punk/band, lolita, fairy-kei and vintage fashion on lookbook/Instagram.
  • Has been dyeing her hair since she was in 7th grade.
  • Was a ita, mentions being posted to btb. Gained popularity on YT very fast bc she's spoiled, has a good camera, and could afford brand.
  • Is a white girl Buddhist who dwells on materialistic items.
  • Lace Drama+SuperCarly64's hilarious parody. Pixie talks about how she changes people's lives and has a 24inch waist while not being bothered for most of the 11/12 minute video, talks about LACE a tiny bit. Kate's (Girlyhoot) creation-Lace fails.
  • Says she doesn't want to be labeled as a Lolita anymore and leaves.
  • Does larme-kei, her aesthetic becomes less cohesive and tacky.
  • Switches over to regular mall alt fashion still calls it j-fashion. Style becomes tumblr pastel alt not cohesive very tacky fashion. 
  • Makes her own fashion called Party-kei despite not being Japanese, the style being tacky, and confusing people into cult party-kei and fairy-kei. Current styles are just tacky and ages her.
    • Update Sept/Oct 2017: Is apparently done with Party-Kei
  • Makes makeup and clothes that she'll only wear a few times, has a materialism/spending problem.
  • Quits her job at a grocery store because they wouldn't let her have blue hair and made a big deal out of it and it was stated in the contract, worked there for a year and a half.
  • Gets a job at Papercakes Pretty, shop owner is a scammer, shop goes out of business.
    • Update Sept/Oct 2017: Got a job at Clare's, then quit very early on
  • Breaks up with her boyfriend of 3 years, Tristan to date his best friend Collin. Admits she loved him/them for 2 years while she and Tristan were dating.
  • Wants to be a fashion designer and go to Bunka, can't handle constructive or any criticism and needs to work on her skills.
  • Was a judge in cosplay contest that she won.
  • Dressed in pastel/alt fashion in public at her school frequently and stuck out among the normal people.
  • Asked for money to go to Japan, spends it on buying things.
  • Is currently putting off college for a while to earn money from yt, which she justifies as a job. Just graduated high school, and went to prom. She's dating her ex-boyfriend's nonbinary best friend, is pansexual and making YT videos.

Have fun with those Pixielols :alpacafedup:

Pictures:

Current:

1506744793711.jpgImage result for pixielocks punkImage result for pixielocks punk1506966385380.png1506732444211.jpeg

Ita Days:

1432513543358.jpg1435618846612.jpg1432526412273.jpg1435797227999.png1439871275358.jpg

Punk Kid days/old pics:

Image result for pixielocks punkImage result for pixielocks punk1438729060845.png1438729187147.jpg1438896118157.pngImage result for pixielocks punk

Posted

Thanks for making this. Ever since the lolcow thread got locked I've been missing her butter yellow teeth.

Let me just say; I know what style she's going for and all that jazz, but she pulls it off so badly. Like she manages to make expensive as clothes look cheap and dirty. I think it's her constantly badly dyed hair, terrible makeup application and shade choice and whatever she's doing with the lighting that makes her look like she has jaundice that does it, as well as the fact she's dirty anyway.

Does anyone have a pic of her pink and white space boots that look like they have a massive shitstain on them because she thought it was a good idea to wear them as all-terrain boots in muddy ass winter? 

Posted

She already has a thread here though.

It's the same girl, right? :Alpacaconfused: (<-- Honest question.)

Posted (edited)

She already has a thread here though.

It's the same girl, right? :Alpacaconfused: (<-- Honest question.)

Yes this is the same girl!

There can't be two threads, so the mods will probably lock this thread soon.

Just a few comments I want to make off the bat:

-Why was her thread on that other website locked?

- If your claiming papercakes pretty closed  down, then how come she was literally there 2 days ago and posted a video filmed there? (This fact that it is closed is most likely false.)

- I think she had good reason to quit the foodstore IMO : P she claimed they let her dye her hair crazy colors for months then one day out of the blue they decided to yell at her for it which isn't really fair.

- I've never seen her claim to want to go to bunka, delay college to work on youtube, or ask people for Japan money so if your going to make these accusations Please Provide Evidence. 

(This is PULL, not Lolcow, you need to show evidence before throwing someone under the bus or else what you say will be presumed false.)

- I'm also pretty sure it's against the rules to provide links to their personal FB and stuff? 

Edited by Serenity

Posted

Yes this is the same girl!

There can't be two threads, so the mods will probably lock this thread soon.

Just a few comments I want to make off the bat:

-Why was her thread on that other website locked?

- If your claiming papercakes pretty closed  down, then how come she was literally there 2 days ago and posted a video filmed there? (This fact that it is closed is most likely false.)

- I think she had good reason to quit the foodstore IMO : P she claimed they let her dye her hair crazy colors for months then one day out of the blue they decided to yell at her for it which isn't really fair.

- I've never seen her claim to want to go to bunka, delay college to work on youtube, or ask people for Japan money so if your going to make these accusations Please Provide Evidence. 

(This is PULL, not Lolcow, you need to show evidence before throwing someone under the bus or else what you say will be presumed false.)

- I'm also pretty sure it's against the rules to provide links to their personal FB and stuff? 

Oh, sorry then :|.

1. We don't know why the multiple snow threads were locked, Admin just said that they were deemed 'not lolcow worthy/were repetitive or just bad.' Admin said that unless Jillian gets involved with community wide drama again, her thread will stay down. You can find that here: https://lolcow.farm/manure/res/1924.html#2091

2. I thought it was closed, Jillian stopped mentioning it and PCP were in hot water, they did almost close.

3. Yes, it's not fair but it was stated in the contract when she first went to work with them. Jillian said that they seemed fine with it and never brought it to her attention probably expecting her to one day realize that she can't have dyed hair. She had a panic attack about it, and was almost in tears because she wanted so badly to have her hair dyed and 'couldn't go in for a shift at work knowing that she couldn't have blue hair (natural color dyed or in a wig)' in her very long year in review video.

4. She mentions wanting to go to Bunka and putting off college for YT in a few of her videos. 

Sorry guys, I'm new. Sorry.

Posted

PCP as a physical shop is definitely closed. The owner still runs it as a web shop and does nails under the same name of PCP. I think Jillian takes photos for the items in the online store or something.

Posted

01. Admin was a pissbaby who locked a bunch of stuff for no reason other than her own personal agenda.

02. Papercakes Pretty closed the physical shop and moved into a small space where the owner does nails. They are trying to just be an online store and a craft wholesaler.

03. Her patreon where she mentions wanting to go to Japan/Bunka is here: https://www.patreon.com/pixielocks?ty=h and attached is an image saying she is planning on deferring college for a year to do YouTube.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 9.57.34 PM.png

Posted

Okay, so I know Jillian Vessey irl, I went to her highschool, and I also have her added on her personal account. Everything is basically true, PCP did shut down, and they moved to a smaller area to just do nails. She comepletly overreacted about the whole job thing, and let me be honest she does that a lot. She's very theatrical and dramatic and during lunchtimes she sits alone because everyone hated her the years before basically. She constantly wants be centre of attention, but the problem is she's so egotistical that no one wants to pay attention. She recently just got a new job at a store called "Freaks Lunchbox", which is a candy store. She completely freaked the fuck out when she didn't get the lead role, and went home crying when she got one of the MAIN supporting roles. Poor little butter teeth. 😢 

Posted

I really enjoyed the lolcow thread :( makes me sad the admin went batshit crazy and banned all the amusing threads (Aly u will be missed) aaanyway

i think her videos would improve 100% in quality if she would just stop these things:

- annoying word creations (eg 'hecka')

- annoying winking eye movements and gesture overall 

- annoying spund effects when swatching make up/ lip smaking when swatching lip products 

tbh i could go on and on. Her style is tragic but idgaf because i don't have to wear it. Her sewing and designing skills are just downright bad but at least she tries. What really annoys me though is that this young girl defines herself solely through her appearance. She claims to be creative but all i see her do is soend money on shit. I would rather have her truly live out her creativity by working on her sewing and sktchung skills than showung us the same shitty ootd over and over again. I truly wish she would stop focus on her apperance and her style. 

image.jpeg

Posted

I just dislike the fact that she tries so hard to be/look different when she's literally doing the same shit that every other tumblr girl is doing. Also calling her style party-kei (there's already a fashion called cult part-kei) like she created it or that her style is unique enough to be its own thing screams pretentious to me and I'm not about giving snowflakes validation they don't deserve.

Posted

I really enjoyed the lolcow thread :( makes me sad the admin went batshit crazy and banned all the amusing threads (Aly u will be missed) aaanyway

i think her videos would improve 100% in quality if she would just stop these things:

- annoying word creations (eg 'hecka')

- annoying winking eye movements and gesture overall 

- annoying spund effects when swatching make up/ lip smaking when swatching lip products 

tbh i could go on and on. Her style is tragic but idgaf because i don't have to wear it. Her sewing and designing skills are just downright bad but at least she tries. What really annoys me though is that this young girl defines herself solely through her appearance. She claims to be creative but all i see her do is soend money on shit. I would rather have her truly live out her creativity by working on her sewing and sktchung skills than showung us the same shitty ootd over and over again. I truly wish she would stop focus on her apperance and her style. 

image.jpeg

Yes, it would be so nice to see her dressed differently because she tried out sweet Lolita/fairy kei/pastel goth/and vintage in her lookbook days. She used to be so much more interesting but she just threw her old interests and personality out the window. Also we decided to make a thread for the people who's threads got locked, Jillian's included:https://8ch.net/bannedcows/res/11.html#342

But people don't post there as much as they did on lolcow.

Posted

Also we decided to make a thread for the people who's threads got locked, Jillian's included:https://8ch.net/bannedcows/res/11.html#342

But people don't post there as much as they did on lolcow.

cool thank you so much!

the thing is... Everything she does feels very forced you know. She doesn't seem like she grew into this style but rather thought "wow this is cool from now on i'm gonna be like that" for this reason, i just can't take her serious. Also, man hate it or love it, but if she really is such a fashion addict why didn't she do a DIY-ish video for her pro, dress or her other self made things? Wouldn't it be great to learn along with her? I mean sure her sewing skills (imo) suck but she's just at the beginning and i bet some would love to learn with her... It is literally so easy to create more interessting and fun content. The fact that she doesn't just shows that she is just half as creative as she claims to be...

Posted

So I knew she had a storenvy shop but I never bothered to check it out. I found it today and is it me or are her prices extremely ridiculous?!?

Her shop is pixie and cherieScreenshot_2016-07-21-17-16-05-1.thumb.pScreenshot_2016-07-21-17-16-11-1.thumb.p 10 bucks for a dollar store hairband with pompoms hot glued onto them?!?

17 bucks for a hair clip?!?

I can't believe she actually goes to cons and sells this stuff, personally I would be embarrassed to sell this at an artist alley...

Posted (edited)

So I knew she had a storenvy shop but I never bothered to check it out. I found it today and is it me or are her prices extremely ridiculous?!?

Her shop is pixie and cherieScreenshot_2016-07-21-17-16-05-1.thumb.pScreenshot_2016-07-21-17-16-11-1.thumb.p 10 bucks for a dollar store hairband with pompoms hot glued onto them?!?

17 bucks for a hair clip?!?

I can't believe she actually goes to cons and sells this stuff, personally I would be embarrassed to sell this at an artist alley...

Nothing worst than what you can't find on etsy  plus im amazed she has a shop 

also she should have made the "HI" clip more idk readable cuz it just look like a bunch of captial  I's together

Edited by Fairyduster