• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

About Insecurities

106 posts in this topic

Posted

i have a high-pitched voice and sometimes i really fucking hate it and deepen it on purpose.

I didn't really like mine much I was a teenager, Voice changing seemed rather slow during puberty and it still sounded a bit high-ish during late teens, which was rather irritating to be dealing with during college.

Posted

My whole face. I have a very babyish face : very round, almond eyes, lil fat nose (like Venus's one) thin straight lips that makes me look like I'm gonna kill someone when I smile, MASSIVE ugly ass fatty cheeks.

I plan to make some surgery for getting a whole new face. I can't deal with it anymore. I abuse of the Snow app for getting the perfect selfie without looking like a baby face on an adult body... 

People think it's really adorable to have baby like face, especially the squishy fat cheeks, but honestly, I look ridiculous with make up, even the contouring can't help. The worst part is people assuming that I'm between 15 and 18. Never more. And got shitty quotes like "You're too young to understand it like.. How a 16 years old girl can understand adult things lol!" and I'm almost 24... It can be flattering to look younger, but in my case, this is just fucking boring to show my identy card to the whole world because 99% of people I meet/know think I'm underage...

Recently, I got a tummy and noticed that I lost my thigh gap and got hips. Most of my friend said that my thick thighs are kinda sexy, but I'm super ashamed of it. Even seeing some artist like Sakimi Chan, over abusing of the thickness makes me sick. I need my lil thighs back :'(

My hair. Curly and thick. Yurk... Wish I had straight hair instead burning those fucking ugly curls with my flat iron. 

Posted (edited)

-I'm 17 (shh) but look very underdeveloped. It's frustrating when the "thing" right now is to be thick. And it's incredibly annoying when relatives that haven't seen me in years expect me to have grown by now, and are surprised that I still look like a 12-year old.

-I struggle to gain weight

-My arms are too skinny

-My boobs are small. That's my biggest insecurity.

-My hair is frizzy and dead because I bleached it

-I'm too quiet and struggle to make friends. I hate that about myself.

Face-wise, I do feel pretty. It's just my body that I hate. Partly because of my bf, since he'd always tell me he liked large breasts. Oh jeez I feel a lump in my throat writing this... 

I have the same problem. I'm 21, and look like literally someone who hasn't gone through puberty, especially since the last  year when I have gotten underweight due to a lot of stress. I've never been really big, but in high school I had a normal weight at least. At that time I was only insecure about my face full of acnea. When i didn't have it anymore (ironically, it was when I didn't care about it after trying so much to get rid of it), and when I cut my hair 3 years ago, I started to accept myself, accept my small boobs,trying to love myself more. And it started well. But now I feel the most insecure again, of my body, even my face that I liked I don't find it pretty anymore when I look in the mirror. Just like you it's mostly partly because my bf likes everything that I'm not. But that's on me. 

Edited by Voielactee

Posted

i really hate my baby hairs so much. also my sideburns are so noticeable its embarrassing i always try to hide them with my long hair. : ( also my cheeks are so chubby and i try to contour them but it doesn't seem to help out much. 

Posted (edited)

I'm smol

smol

asf (props if you got the reference)

I'm barely five feet, but most people say the find that cute. Nope, I find tall women insanely attractive. I can't wear maxi dresses/skirts, even if I really like them. 

My butt sticks out a lot and I don't like it because some grown men won't stop looking at it. So I avoid doing squats and stuff to I flatten it like a pancake. Seems to work. I can't wear skirts otherwise. 

Why must I have flat boobies

I have a mustache??? why???? why do I have chest hair????? what??? 

I have a babyish face. Seriously, plus my height, people confuse me for a kid. The worst was when a guy thought I was TWELVE. And I'm turning 18 next year.

I have thin hair. I wish mine was real thick and nice. I love curly hair, but my hair always looks as if it was flat ironed. It looks nice, but no, I want curls.

My hair. Curly and thick. Yurk... Wish I had straight hair instead burning those fucking ugly curls with my flat iron. 

GIRL LETS SWITCH

Edited by I have a crush on No03

Posted

I'm smol

smol

asf (props if you got the reference)

I'm barely five feet, but most people say the find that cute. Nope, I find tall women insanely attractive. I can't wear maxi dresses/skirts, even if I really like them. 

My butt sticks out a lot and I don't like it because some grown men won't stop looking at it. So I avoid doing squats and stuff to I flatten it like a pancake. Seems to work. I can't wear skirts otherwise. 

Why must I have flat boobies

I have a mustache??? why???? why do I have chest hair????? what??? 

I have a babyish face. Seriously, plus my height, people confuse me for a kid. The worst was when a guy thought I was TWELVE. And I'm turning 18 next year.

I have thin hair. I wish mine was real thick and nice. I love curly hair, but my hair always looks as if it was flat ironed. It looks nice, but no, I want curls.

GIRL LETS SWITCH

i have curly hair, it used to be thick but i'm having hair fall recently so i'm losing quite a hair. a lot of people tell me i look MORE beautiful when i have straight hair so i feel offended that i can't be beautiful with the hair i have. i'm 5'7 but i want to be 5'9 or 5'10 and i do get mistaken to be older than my actual age.

squats make your butt flat? lol i did squats for a month but it made my butt plump. my butt isn't flat but it's between big and not big tho.

Posted

i'm so insecure about my teeth, i did not take care of them and kept drinking nothing but soda its embarrassing i wish i would've listened to my mom we cant exactly afford to get the proper surgery for my teeth i'm quite worried about getting all my teeth taken out ;( 

i used to be quite insecure about my face i'm mixed with white and Vietnamese (i did not grew up in the culture i am native in america) my features would always be picked out unlike my brother and sister who looked white rather then me who looks mixed i still struggle with this but im alot better at accepting me. sometimes its hard but i'm alot better. 

my body isn't the best and i am trying to work out more and drink more water so i can feel better about myself, i hope in the long run i can get the results i would like to see (think of any ripped man on the planet) i actually enjoy going to the gym and working with weights it helps with my stress.

Posted

I really hate my teeth. They're genetically more yellow than normal ones and the two front ones have white spots. Even though they're also kinda crooked my dentist never wanted me to get braces. Whitening them would definitely help but it seems too dangerous to me.

Overall my face is pretty asymmetrical, especially my nose. I hate it. I look better with glasses and in a mirrored pictures for some reason tho.

I have small hooded eyes and it's so difficult to do make-up, so I basically just end up putting on fake lashes. I envy people with a huge space on their lids. As my eyes are small it's also hard for me to put contacts in. 14mm ones almost look like scleras.

I have lot of body hair including small mustache and hairs around my nipples. Is that normal? I usually pluck it all but I hate it cuz it hurts. I used to have problems with my arm hairs too but once my classmate told me she finds it cute and that really helped me to accept them. 

I'd want to have a cuter face. I'm pretty small - 160cm and 45kg with no big ass nor boobs. I might have some aging problem or idk but it kind of hurt me to hear my mom say I'm starting to look adult with more wrinkles. (I'm 18) I don't wanna be old. I feel like a kid inside and never wanna have adult responsibilities nor job. I don't get it why anyone would want it.

I think I feel better about myself nowadays  than how I used to, probably because of my boyfriend who keeps telling me I'm pretty and he loves me. I'm really grateful to have him. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Kendal

Posted

mascara doesn't work on me and id rather not wear any makeup than wear mascara because believe it or not i look worse with mascara than without makeup. if im wearing false lashes i have to have really dramatic makeup on or it'll look weird. 

Posted

one of my biggest insecurities is my height (i’m 5,9.5) and i really wish i was short. i’m okay with my face but i hate it because i would be sooo much happier about myself if i was like 5’5 or 5’6 :(( i just feel so much bigger than everyone and whenever i talk to my friends about it they just say that i can reach high stuff which doesn’t make me feel good at all.. i would rather be short than tall because shorts girls are what everyone finds attractive and if they want to be taller they can just wear heels or bigger shoes, while i can’t do anything about my height and it sucks. i literally want to get surgery where they remove a part of the bone in your legs and then put it back together so you’re shorter but it’s really expensive :(( i hate being so big and tall i wish i was short and cute and small 

Posted (edited)

one of my biggest insecurities is my height (i’m 5,9.5) and i really wish i was short. i’m okay with my face but i hate it because i would be sooo much happier about myself if i was like 5’5 or 5’6 :(( i just feel so much bigger than everyone and whenever i talk to my friends about it they just say that i can reach high stuff which doesn’t make me feel good at all.. i would rather be short than tall because shorts girls are what everyone finds attractive and if they want to be taller they can just wear heels or bigger shoes, while i can’t do anything about my height and it sucks. i literally want to get surgery where they remove a part of the bone in your legs and then put it back together so you’re shorter but it’s really expensive :(( i hate being so big and tall i wish i was short and cute and small 

I see your point, especially when you’re around friends who are shorter than you so you feel a bit out of place. 
We always want what we don’t have right? I’m really short and always wanted to be just a little bit taller. Everything is always harder to reach. Going to concerts, I can never see over anyone else. I look at the models on the magazines and run way and I envy them for being to tall and graceful. 
Right now, being short, smol, and cute is a trend. I get that there’s a lot of those kind of look being popularized. But I really hope that you can come to embrace your height. 
Reading that bolded part really concern me because I hope that you don’t compromise your health and your legs for the sake of a trend and what is currently seen as attractive. (Edit: imagine the complications that may come with for the sake of beauty. I’m going on a far tangent, but if my legs was broken and it doesn’t heal properly and I wouldn’t be able to walk. Then I would be so devastated.) 
I read about girls who break their legs and getting it extended just so they can be a little bit taller for the sake of beauty is also so hurtful. I can’t imagine the pain they have to go through just because they can’t feel beautiful unless they are a certain height. (Wearing heels are such a pain and at the end of the day, we are still going to be the same height)
like you mention, you’re already fine with the way you look. so I hope you continue to embrace more part of yourself that you have not like. Best of luck to you.

(edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dating_advice/comments/g75ouo/i_just_realzied_how_attractive_tall_girls_are/ )

There are many who appreciate and would love to date tall people. And I just wanted to show you that tall people are just as attractive as short ones.

Edited by whowhatwhenwherewhyhow
Corrections and add link

Posted

My butt, a lot of people call me "thicc" but I'm just fat, idk why but almost all of my fat goes to my butt and I look disproportionate. I'm happy with my weight everywhere else but my butt haha.

Posted (edited)

I've had a lot of skin/acne issues as well like many people here. It started in junior high, got a LOT worse in high school. Now in my early 20s it's calmed down but I'm still dealing with it to this day. I've tried many different treatments and medications. What helped me a lot was discovering my allergy to gluten, that cleared a lot of it up but I still get some hormonal acne and redness. I am going on spironolactone soon, hopefully that will get rid of the last of it. If anyone here has any experience with it, let me know! i'd love to hear your opinion.

My skin has always been my biggest insecurity. But I've just always been insecure in general. I honestly think I might have some sort of body dysmorphia because I am NEVER happy with my face, and I swear my face looks different to me everyday. Sometimes I can't even recognize myself in photos. It's very strange. I feel like my mental image of myself is a lot worse than reality but I have no clue how to fix it.

I feel like as I grow older I become less worried and self-conscious but I've always struggled with just accepting my appearance. I feel like I look like an alien. Even though I'd say I have average features. It's really weird and hard to explain. 

Edited by RosenQuartz
wanted to make it clearer

Posted

I wish that I could have a smaller waist. It's hard looking at all this tiny ant waists in k-pop and comparing yourself to them. Even if you lose weight on your waist, it can only get so small depending on your bone structure. 

Also, having broad shoulders. It sucks having to write off all these cute off-the-shoulder tops because they just draw attention to my shoulders. 

Some online advice says that V-necks de-emphasize broad shoulders, but I don't like how they look on me. I stick to mostly round-neck tops that don't scoop too low. If anyone has advice on what to wear, please let me know.