• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

About Insecurities

86 posts in this topic

Posted

I have BDD aka body dysmorphia so basically everything is my insecurity LOL

but i think what started it all was my deformed chest (yes, like an actual deformity). then the hate for my body spread everywhere. so like....

my nose, my face shape, my stomach, my back, my boobs, my hip dips, and my feet are the biggest problems i wished i could fix hehe

Posted

my height. i am actually taller than the average height of girls from my country, people say that since i'm tall i should do modeling but when i look at myself in the mirror i feel like i am not qualified for it. for me i look short, i don't have long legs. i get jealous of girls with pretty long legs.

Posted (edited)

my stomach and hips. My stomach and hips always carry a lot of fat. I can workout and my legs and arms can tone up but stomach is impossible to tone/flatten... also I have little stumbly hairs that are a pain in the ass to get off around my belly button ugh.

my hips are also uneven so it’s harder for me to do squats normally (I have to do wide stances). 

My face is also big even though I’m not necessarily a big person? Like I have such a round face that connects to my neck. There isn’t a separation from my face to neck.

i have a birthmark right on my nose. I try to “embrace” it and “love myself” but sometimes it’s hard. The birthmark gers darker in the summer too ugh 

Edited by rosetea
Add on

Posted

Probably my teeth. 

My parents never had enough money to give us proper dental care, and now I'm too old to get the surgery I need to fix them. I just.. I just wish I could smile in pictures. 

Posted

Probably my teeth. 

My parents never had enough money to give us proper dental care, and now I'm too old to get the surgery I need to fix them. I just.. I just wish I could smile in pictures. 

I feel ya, my parents were also the same.

If not surgery tho, have you considered routine teeth cleaning and ortho treatment?

Posted

My weight, my dad often teases me about it and calls me a fatass and stuff like that, gee thanks!

My asthma is another one, whenever it gets cold like around 20c my asthma goes crazy, I also can't work out because I'm a coughing spluttering mess at the end and whenever I'm coughing in public people give me a dirty look.  I have very thick curly hair and it used to be a HUGE insecurity of mine, I remember someone literally came up to me and said it looked I had been electrocuted, now I'm starting to take care of it better and it looks and feels nicer but the insecurities are still there. I also think my friends secretly hate me. 

Posted

Kinda sad to see so many people being insecure about themselves. You are all lovely the way you are. :alpacacrush:

As for your perceived flaws, other people are mostly concerned with themselves, they rarely care or take notice of it.

Posted

my teeth + my voice

always cringe when i see photos of myself smiling or hear a recording of my voice lol.

i always see people with good white teeth it makes me sad i didn't take care of mine when i was younger.
and i just always sound like i don't know what i'm saying and i sound so stupid. my voice is all high, i have a weird laugh and i say "like" too much. :alpacasad: 

Posted

Oh my lord, everything. Literally. I'm a bit angry at my parents for that. 

Posted

Being raised in an all-girl's catholic school can do wonders to your confidence and self-esteem (not being sarcastic lol) but there are times when i get insecure about my looks:

-having acne breakouts at the worst moments (junior prom and other social events at school ugh) 

-not fitting into clothes cause im fat, i generally don't care but sometimes i wished i had the patience to workout daily 

-that fuckn mustache jesus, also that tiny dot on my face i wish it vanishes 

-Leg hair and armpit hair that grow back easily after just a day of shaving ah :)

Posted

I hate my teeth, I can never smile with an open mouth in pictures and it gets so awkward when people go "smile!" and I try to smile as big as I can with my closed lips and they keep going "come on - smile!" and they literally won't take the fucking picture unless my teeth are visible.