• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

About Insecurities

106 posts in this topic

Posted

-I'm 17 (shh) but look very underdeveloped. It's frustrating when the "thing" right now is to be thick. And it's incredibly annoying when relatives that haven't seen me in years expect me to have grown by now, and are surprised that I still look like a 12-year old.

-I struggle to gain weight

-My arms are too skinny

-My boobs are small. That's my biggest insecurity.

-My hair is frizzy and dead because I bleached it

-I'm too quiet and struggle to make friends. I hate that about myself.

Face-wise, I do feel pretty. It's just my body that I hate. Partly because of my bf, since he'd always tell me he liked large breasts. Oh jeez I feel a lump in my throat writing this... 

Why in the actual shit would you put up with that? Fuck him. Plenty of boys aren't going to be dumb like him. Your hair will recover, luckily. Plus, the "new body" will fall out of trend soon enough. I was young when they had the petite body in vogue. Me? Pear shaped with more thigh than butt.

What makes it hard for you to make friends? Is it because you're shy? (Swear to God, I'm not trying to be weird.)

Posted

Why in the actual shit would you put up with that? Fuck him. Plenty of boys aren't going to be dumb like him. Your hair will recover, luckily. Plus, the "new body" will fall out of trend soon enough. I was young when they had the petite body in vogue. Me? Pear shaped with more thigh than butt.

What makes it hard for you to make friends? Is it because you're shy? (Swear to God, I'm not trying to be weird.)

I've asked myself that too. Other than that boob issue he's got plenty of good traits and we both feel quite happy with each other. I try to also remember we're young and that most boys our age (immature) have that mindset and will grow out of it, hopefully.  

Making friends is hard for me because I'm generally an awkward person. I'm very shy initially if I don't know the person, and I don't really make an effort to go out of my comfort zone :alpacadone:

Posted

I've asked myself that too. Other than that boob issue he's got plenty of good traits and we both feel quite happy with each other. I try to also remember we're young and that most boys our age (immature) have that mindset and will grow out of it, hopefully.  

Making friends is hard for me because I'm generally an awkward person. I'm very shy initially if I don't know the person, and I don't really make an effort to go out of my comfort zone :alpacadone:

I find it hard to believe that he'd be dumb enough to think that telling his petite gf that he likes bigger boobs is a good idea. But you'd know him more than I would.

Hell, I'm awkward/shy, too. No judgement on my end. Have you tried finding clubs? Like a lit club if you're a writer or an art club if you're an artsy fartsy type. Or find a class you can take outside of school, say dancing or cooking? You might not "grow out of being shy/awkward" but it gets easier to bluff after a while.

Posted

I actually hate my face and body in general but the thing i absolutely hate most about myself is my extremely thin hair. It's not just fine, it's super thin. I can't grow it out, I can't do anything with it. I also have to wash my hair everyday or else it just looks gross and even more thin. I can't afford extensions other than clip ins, which i've tried several times. But they hurt and the clips can show easily. My hair is definitely the thing i'm most insecure about, i just wish i had normal hair. 

heyo, have you tried to get a calligraphy cut? its really good for fine hair and it might help you with your problem 💖

Posted (edited)

One thing I’m pretty insecure about is my stretch marks. Which I really shouldn’t be because a lot of people have them, but I see skinny girls who (May or may not) have it and it makes me die a little inside. 

Also, acne and acne scars. I’m trying to take better care of my face and my skin ( because I also get it on my back & chest). 

Another thing, I’m pretty insecure about my arm fat because there’s certain stuff I can’t wear without feeling gross.

(Also, if you’re gonna comment saying “get over it” or “there’s nothing you can do about it”, don’t. You’d be making me and a bunch of other people feel shitty because of our insecurities.)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe

Posted

-my forehead. my hairline starts pretty far back (genetically) and i almost look bald if i slick it back plus my hair grows in a square shape so that adds to the look rofl

-my hair. it’s very straight and thin (also genetic) and fallen out from uni stress. i have many baby hairs around my forehead and face that won’t grow past a few inches and also at the back of my neck and i’ve been trying to grow them out but nothing -__- all i want is a long beautiful normal head of hair that I can braid, curl, and cut

-my chin. it recedes which doesn’t look bad from the front (apart from creating discoloration around my mouth) but it ruins my side profile

-my jaw line. there is none. i wish my face had some kind of anglular feature to add something distinct to it but every feature is round

-my teeth. they are straight but yellow because i took bad care of them in the past. now i have splotches of discoloration from braces. they are also kinda big for my mouth 

-my height. 153 cm may be seen as cute but im tired of being not taken seriously just because of it (not trying to pull a wolfychu) and my body proportions are unfortunate bc my legs are short

Posted

my acne scars, small bum, body hair, chicken pox scars, hooded eyes, wonky nose, small lips, wow that's a lot..

Posted

I used to be very insecure about my face shape, but my friend just showed to me that my face is a result of my italian and dutch heredity! I thought it was really cool, so i don't want to change it anymore. I guess it's a good tip to try accept yourself: search about why you look like this. :alpacacrush: 

But i still very insecure about my nose. It's big in all angules and doesn't fit my face at all. I also hate the fact that my face is very asymmetrical. I MEAN, I KNOW EVERYONE IS A LITTE ASYMMETRICAL. But just seems like my face is more asymmetrical than everyone else. Ugh.

Posted (edited)

Oh, my insecurities ~

- I am too fat. :l I used to be 115lbs, but now I'm 135-140lbs at 5'6. I struggle to lose weight, as I've never had to do that before. I feel like I'm huge. I have a very, very straight figure (no boob, butt, short little legs, and no curves naturally), so I'm desperate to lose weight but it's been really difficult on birth control! 

-I have really broad shoulders and a tiny, tiny head (pinhead darlin' here.) I feel like I look like a linebacker. 

-My ex boyfriend told me I have a "witch nose." Now I am really worried about having a big nose, since mine is prominent (long and relatively thin, but large. I blame my French genes.) 

-I feel like I look very old. I have a lot of fine lines, even though I'm in my early 20s. It freaks me out. 

-My body is covered in self-harm scars (like my legs from my ankles to my butt is just scars, and my left arm is equally fucked.) It makes me feel very self-conscious about showing any skin. I also have a lot of visible veins and stretch marks on my legs. I don't know why! I look like a 50 year old women who was run over by a lawn mower.

Edited by darlin

Posted

Get ready cause I got a lot: 

- My nose is just like a potato glued to my face, its pretty till you get to the point, I want to get it done so bad. 

- I'm fat, I gained weight cause I couldnt workout for a while since I had a knee injured, so I used to just dress in black till this year, I'm starting to lose it again tho. 

- When I gained weight I got a bit of body hair and I haaaaaate it so much. 

- Also my skin got troubled and I get a lot of pimples since that. 

- Also my back posture is not the best so you all can figure, I dont want to show it. 

Posted

- my body, I wish I was skinnier and my breasts and shoulders smaller

-my nose and lips, my lips are quite small and I hate that theyre not plump and big. My nose is big and combined with my lips my face is a mess 

Posted

I don't know how to put make up on. I've tried but I end up looking like a clown. I hate my oily skin acne scarred skin. I used to be fat but I lost weight (still need to lose about 20 more pounds) but I am still big boned and my breasts sag now. I wish I had more confidence  but m very self conscious and I hate the way I look in pictures. 

Posted

I used to wear double eyelid tape every single day for a year and a half, and I refused to go outside without it.

what makes me really embarrassed is that I knew it would be visible to a degree.. so I wouldn't get close to people when talking to them. 

thinking back on it.. people must've been making comments on it behind my back lmao. i also didn't even need the tape, as i have a natural crease. it just goes to show how someone's body image can be skewed to such a degree that they wear a.. piece of tape.. on their lid for hours each day.

Posted

My weight has always been an extremely sensitive topic, probably since I reached early preteens. I'd say that I'm a pretty levelheaded person, but I burst into tears whenever someone makes comments about my body. I have a large frame and I'm heavy for my height, although I look somewhat averagely-sized because of said frame. What I hate is that it gives me a "giant" effect around other girls, and it makes me feel less like one. I can't even let my partner see my body because I'd cry. I can't control myself around food so I've developed bulimia, which hasn't really helped at all.

Posted

- my feet are massive

- my nose (though i have come to like it now)

- I hate how my hair has a mind of its own when its long its crazy and all over the place if i don't spend two hours styling it.