About Insecurities

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm slouching. i have such a bad posture it kills me. I started to try and be more aware of my body and straighten my back... but you know, it's hard work and i get tired easily, even from that. 

I also have the bad habit of comparing my looks to others, and i think i'm average over all. if i paid more attention to my clothes and hair, i'd be above average [i have a decent impression of myself, and sometimes i wonder just how bad i really look? would i believe it if people told me so?] 

my face ruins everything though.. at least this is what i think. my face is boring. i have a wide nose and a pretty big mouth/lips. but not the 'trendy way'. in my opinion, my eyes are much like Kanadajin's ... hell, in a way she could be my sister O.o [but only if we took in consideration the face, and maybe skin color]. i generally have a sad expression on my face and it's really tiring to try and change that. 

Did you girls/guys try grape seed oil for your acne scars? i heard it can help with healing [do some research before buying it]. I also have large pores, and i used a VERY heavy face cream [mostly to protect against the cold] and i noticed that after a few days of use, my pores became smaller. but once i stopped using it, they returned to their usual size ¬¬ This cream is a Romanian brand trusted by many generations of women, and made with royal-jelly [so i guess not vegan, but 100% natural]. 

Posted

My acne scars are deep holes. I used to pick at blackheads as a teen due to anxiety. Pore primer can only do so much. Exfoliating every week or so helped shrink them a bit but they're still there.

My face is super oily. I cannot skip showers or my face will be coated in grease. This means I have to wake up early to dry and style my looong thick hair. 

I have a short neck. It makes my shoulders look huge and when I gain even a little weight I look like I have no jaw :( I hate it and I wish there was something to do about it.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Anarchy

Posted

I actually hate my face and body in general but the thing i absolutely hate most about myself is my extremely thin hair. It's not just fine, it's super thin. I can't grow it out, I can't do anything with it. I also have to wash my hair everyday or else it just looks gross and even more thin. I can't afford extensions other than clip ins, which i've tried several times. But they hurt and the clips can show easily. My hair is definitely the thing i'm most insecure about, i just wish i had normal hair. 

Posted

my weight fluctuates so much and i have stretch marks on my shoulders chest and hips and i hate it more than anything 

Posted

It used to be that I was insecure about the acne on my face, but now my skin is almost clear and smooth as glass and my anxieties found insecurities elsewhere, like the big pores on my nose that I know isn't something I should touch or perceive as unattractive because it's a natural and the grey gunk that I see around it isn't as bad as I think it is. Or my thick eyebrows that will never grow in a straighter line cause my inner brow just angles down and looks weird if I pluck them (again, this kind of grooming aint that great for the future hairs), when I look at my reflection I feel like I have those gorilla eyebrows, kills me every time, lol. 

Did you know that there are people out there who sleep for more than 8 hours and they still have eye bags? I'm one of them and I can't leave the house without using a concealer. As for my body, I dislike my build, 5.1 and curve around the hips. I want to work out but I don't have the floor, the money or the safe environment to jog outside in the mornings or afternoons. There are days when I just don't eat cause I see the little pudge around my belly and become sad. 

I think the insecurities never go away, they just get replaced again and again with different things.

Posted

I'm short. I get tired of being called petite and people saying "oh you're small like a little doll". I'M FUCKING OLD AND THAT IS NOT A COMPLIMENT. I would love to be able to reach things. To have long legs and look good in a skirt or jeans. To be able to wear capris and not just look like I'm waiting for a flood. To have strangers behind me not say "excuse me little girl", until I turn around and see them startled. To not have to wave my arms up so automatic doors will open. I want to be taken seriously as the educated professional adult I am.

Posted

im insanely insecure about my teeth, my body, my nose ): even my body hair, I do admit that I’ve questioned my validity based on what I’ve seen from other girls, compared myself to the ex’s that my boyfriend has been with, they all have much more curvier bodies and much more feminine features, I try eating more to fill my clothes out better but that never works because my appetite is the worst, and goddddd my teeth, I’m getting braces but it just won’t help because there’s so much wrong with it, my nose that is bumpy and fat I hate it so much )))): my face is so round normally, I have huge cheeks that I wish I could suction into a better shape, if I could afford surgery I would do it in a heart beat, and my discoloration makes me uncomfortable, so I don’t flash much skin