• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

10062 posts in this topic

Posted

IMO, isolating her by manipulating herself and people around her sounds like abuse to me. Especially when he would get upset at her, act like she didn't exist while going around painting her in a terrible light, driving people further away from her. 

Isolation like that is usually the first step towards abusive/controlling relationships. Dude definitely sucks. 

Posted

People seem to have lost sight of the reason this thread exists. It's not because of Poki's dysfunction with OTV. Or her lack of real friends. Or her inability to form relationships with her peers. If all she said is to believed, a great deal of these issues can be to some degree attributed to Fed's manipulation. But all of that together still would not have warranted a thread on these forums.

She has a long history of absolutely awful behavior. Actions she committed independent of Fed or OTV. Actions I shouldn't need to detail here. Outside of the instances mentioned above, nothing revealed the past few days has any relevance to all of the shit she's pulled. And most certainly doesn't excuse or justify it.

Discussing her shitty behaviour and expressing sympathy for the abuse she suffered from Fed are not mutually exclusive. We can comfortably sit back, observe and discuss all aspects of the drama without having to choose sides at any point. 

Posted (edited)

i'm going to leave this thread for awhile because it's turned actually psychotic.

Do i feel bad for poki getting mentally/emotionally manipulated by a friend? Yes. Do I think what Fed did to poki was textbook isolation, whether Fed realized it or not, which is a precursor for more serious abuse? Yes.

But yeah, despite feeling bad for her I can still criticize her for DMCA'ing random youtubers while sitting on her stream "reacting" to random content, I can still criticize her using and justifying the n-word in her earlier days, I can still criticize her purposefully hiding information about her dating life to appeal to the "girlfriend experience" on stream.

But since I'm a rational person who can realize someone is not 100% good or 100% bad, I'm not going to sit here and justify her being manipulated because I dislike other things about her or the way she runs her stream/brand

Edited by electronic female
added an extra "which" in a sentence

Posted

im sure that poki's seemingly bitter personality had an impact on her friendships, but the only thing that we have evidence of is that fed actively tried to isolate poki and ruin her status in their circle. and even if she maybe pushed her friends away a little, feds actions have undoubtedly made her situation 10x worse.

unrelated, but i just want to address the people that are mad at the girls, specifically poki, for "playing the victim". am i not wrong in saying that these girls are in every way possible the victims of feds manipulative / predatory behaviour? considering the circumstances i consider what the girls have done a pretty normal, reasonable and justified reaction. i guess some people will always hate just for the sake of hating but the fact some people wanna defend fed and say that poki is somehow in the wrong here is a little ridiculous 

i also find quite a number of the “Fed supporters” here as hypocrites. I agree that Fed is not a rapist or a molester (this one is a bit doubtful). But a lot of the support and defence he’s getting is mostly due to people genuinely liking him and idolising him. If he was just any old editor off the street who didn’t have screentime everyone would’ve trashed him without hesitation. But it’s fed, the fan favorite and the “underdog”. And to people who still believe that made up ideal, please wake the fuck up. 

I don’t think I’ve ever mass reported this many people in my life on twitter. some of Fed’s hardcore simp fanbase are worshipping Fed for having the guts to touch yvonne and even implied that yvonne should be honored that Fed would even touch her. It’s vile, it’s disgusting, and a loud minority of fans are downplaying the girls’ experiences as not being “real” harrassment. Idk man. If it’s a one time thing maybe, just maybe you can brush it off with enough apologies and grovelling. But he did it again and again and what he did wasn’t just invasive, but a huge breach of trust to all his friends. 

this entire thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but fed fucked up, and as a human being, he needs to own up to it. didn’t matter if this was supposed to be publicized or not. You’d want to be aware too if there was a potential creep living near you, right? 

i'm going to leave this thread for awhile because it's turned actually psychotic.

Do i feel bad for poki getting mentally/emotionally manipulated by a friend? Yes. Do I think what Fed did to poki was textbook isolation, whether Fed realized it or not, which is a precursor for more serious abuse? Yes.

But yeah, despite feeling bad for her I can still criticize her for DMCA'ing random youtubers while sitting on her stream "reacting" to random content, I can still criticize her using and justifying the n-word in her earlier days, I can still criticize her purposefully hiding information about her dating life to appeal to the "girlfriend experience" on stream.

But since I'm a rational person who can realize someone is not 100% good or 100% bad, I'm not going to sit here and justify her being manipulated because I dislike other things about her or the way she runs her stream/brand

I agree on this. You can sympathize with someone you don’t completely like and still criticise the way they deal with issues and the way they portray themselves. World ain’t black and white.

While I do feel bad for Poki, and I would like to retract some of the unjustified hate I gave her, I still think she’s a little shady in her own way, and that she needs to lay off the foundation.

Posted (edited)

yeah 100%, just because we have had the wrong idea about her relationship with fed doesnt mean her other actions are in any way justified. i will still continue to dislike her after this incident because of the things you have mentioned and more, but that doesnt mean i cant take her side in a situation that has ruined her friendships and is overall clearly fucking horrible.

also, this thread is about Pokimane and since this metoo incident is by far the most relevant issue regarding pokimane currently, i dont think there is anything wrong with talking about it or even supporting her on this matter. again, that doesnt mean all of her past actions are to be forgotten but i think we definitely owe her an apology regarding our speculations involving her and fed.

Edited by Xuaqua

Posted

yeah 100%, just because we have had the wrong idea about her relationship with fed doesnt mean her other actions are in any way justified. i will still continue to dislike her after this incident because of the things you have mentioned and more, but that doesnt mean i cant take her side in a situation that has ruined her friendships and is overall clearly fucking horrible.

also, this thread is about Pokimane and since this metoo incident is by far the most relevant issue regarding pokimane currently, i dont think there is anything wrong with talking about it or even supporting her on this matter. again, that doesnt mean all of her past actions are to be forgotten but i think we definitely owe her an apology regarding our speculations involving her and fed.

Until you realized when all of those women who came out against Riot Games with their walkouts and lawsuits, Poki and her E-girl clique were incredibly quiet about how professional women in the gaming industry were actually suffering abuse from their employers?

Oh wait, she didn't have anything to gain from that, and probably could've even cost herself the business connection with Riot. 

So it's pretty fucking clear, that for someone who "SuPpOrTs aLl WoMeN" she seems to have selective hearing when it comes to women sharing their stories, even when its that fucking close to home as literally working for the Company's game which you promote and work with.

Posted

This thread has become so toxic and disgusting.

Posted

wasn't there a period of time fed&poki were being intimate w/ each other? why is there not a SINGLE instance of fed "violating" poki? with how touchy-feely they were together, i find that INCREDIBLY HARD to believe.

lol. poki said she's not sharing everything on her stream, just enough to help people understand the situation.

Posted (edited)

this shit is disgusting. fed isolates pokimane from her friends to make her emotionally dependent on him. then, in order to stop the arguing, ghosts her every time he's wrong or upset. it's textbook manipulation.

also, i can retract some of what i said about poki. she still sexualizes herself and hides her dating life. she still previously used the n-word and brushed it off. she still copystriked some guy for no valid reason. but she was also going through emotional abuse from one of her closest friends during some of this time. does that excuse her actions? FUCK NO. but i can't say "oh my god my queen is the best and did nothing wrong" or "oh my god this cunt pokimane fucking sucks fuck her". i can dislike some of her actions and still feel bad for her. 

Edited by shinji ikari

Posted

So like I haven’t been on this place for a while cos talking about the same narcy crap poki pulls off got a bit stale but it’s actually so funny to me that the entire thread suddenly flipped into stanning poki and feeling sympathy for her cos of this fed event. As if all the problematic and cringey shit she’s done is suddenly forgiven and repented for because one of her friend happened to be a douche nozzle. Yah that totally makes sense now. And now her supposed good or even best friend from the house is getting crucified and potentially labelled a sexual predator for all of eternity, by the rest of the house + internet, she is just going to let that happen (or even contributing to it)?

as if people don’t make mistakes as if people don’t have flaws, as if her and the entire team broadcasting their dirty laundry isn’t going to have immense psychological damages for future fed to deal with. Does she not ever consider this, for someone who is supposedly empathetic? This is your close friend. Did all his positive traits and the good memories suddenly evaporate because he has made a few (but rather grave) mistakes?

kinda off topic but I feel like the whole metoo movement is kinda iffy, because issues w sexual harassment can be so so so vague and at times sit in the grey area and I hate the fact sometimes men who behave sleazy get instantly labelled as a sexual predator and subsequently put in the same category as actual sexual offenders. Like actual legit sexual harrasement is fucking serious and should be taken very seriously, perhaps dealt with the law and I’m in no way trying to downplay what the girls went thru in the house (like I’m not exactly familiar w what happened but was there penetration or like inappropriate touching of the genitals???) but if fed hadn’t actually forcefully groped/forced himself onto them, why is the world having the reaction as if he did? Put simply, the metoo movement, while certainly a push for victims of sexual abuse to come forward with their stories enables weird grey area cases like these to permeate, punishing the men/perpetrators disproportionately. this may also give some evil/manipulative girls an easy method of attack on guys they don’t particularly like (not saying this was an example but see james Charles & Tati drama) .

If this were a normal house with normal friends maybe they could’ve spoke up about it sooner and dealt w it more appropriately but now friendships are fucked and fed is just going to be known forever as “that creep” and I feel that is certainly not fair either even tho I never liked him in the first place. 

did you watch poki's stream? granted, this is coming from her mouth so of course things are gonna bend her way, but it offers a lot of insight into the issue.

they had a three hour intervention (scarra also talked about this) and the next day fed ran off to the people who weren't there and tried to paint himself in a good light. this isn't a drunken guy making a mistake or having flaws, or a poor guy just trying to flirt, this is someone manipulating several of his friends. every time poki would confront him, he would pretend she didn't exist. he isolated her from her friends. he would lie to guys she was interested in saying they were a couple when they weren't. they had to worry about female hires because of his behavior, which is not normal. 

and she said not to "make him [fed's] out to be a predator on my [poki's] behalf", which implies he was not predatory towards her. so no, i don't think she's painting him as a predator.

and no one is excusing everything she's done. you're only looking at the extremist takes. you can disagree with poki's behavior and still feel bad for her in this scenario. things aren't so black and white. 

Posted

fed is just going to be known forever as “that creep” and I feel that is certainly not fair either even tho I never liked him in the first place. 

I feel like it's not that hard to be a creep though?? pushing the yvonne and lily thing aside, he was still pushy & creepy.

it's like "don't touch fire"

=

"don't barge into people's doors" (a 24 year old should know what a door is used for)

"don't hug people without their permission" (he hugged a random girl once and she told him about consent)

like it's not that hard....he had multiple experiences where he could've learned and he STILL decided to be a creep.

Posted (edited)

its actually impressive that people on this thread are able to see this situation in such an illegitimate black and white manner. im just gonna lurk for a bit since theres nothing really new for me to add on this fed topic and at this point the thread is just going in circles. but i just wanna sorta finalise my argument in this post because it seems a lot of you guys fail to see the bigger picture.

Poki sexualizes herself, has leeched (doesn't really leech anymore from my knowledge, since shes already at the top), and has false copyrighted numerous creators because her fragile ego cant handle criticism. although she has definitely improved in recent times regarding her questionable behaviour its still very fair to say that poki is a fake bitch and an overall bad representation of females on twitch.

however, i just want to know what the actual fuck goes through the heads of the people here that are arguing in feds defense just because they dont like imane / the other girls. this is the pokimane topic so im only gonna mention her situation here, but fed actively set out to destroy imanes friendships in order to create a dependency between them and that is so fucked up. even as someone that dislikes pokimane, i find it ridiculous that people have the nerve to go against her in this situation just because of her past actions that are completely unrelated to this situation. 

this isnt a case of us "white knighting poki" or whatever. this is a case of basic morality and common sense. nothing that imane has done in the past is bad enough to warrant people defending someone that has completely destroyed her social life and isolated her from friends / colleagues. get a grip

Edited by Xuaqua

Posted

ludwig said it best.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.4862b237f5553bb2c

Posted

Hello.

Apologies for locking the thread but I needed to play catch up and clean up the thread.

Please note that we have these forum rules:

7.  No derailing.

a. Excessive personal interjections and personal stories, unless in a general thread, are not allowed.

b. Be polite. Debate about a snowflake is encouraged, attacking another user is not ok. You can disagree with or criticize what other users say, but do not attack others.

8.  Except for the off-topic discussion boards, do not bring up general controversial issues in threads.

a. Don’t talk about politics, religion, race, or social issues except in the off-topic boards. These just derail threads.

9.  No reputation / vote manipulation.

a. Do not downvote people because you dislike them.

b. Do not manipulate votes. If you do this, it will be obvious and you will be permanently banned.

c. Do not complain about being downvoted. If you believe someone is engaging in vote manipulation against you, contact staff privately and we will look into it. Otherwise, just accept your downvotes.

14.  Don’t troll.

a. Being intolerant of other opinions is not acceptable. It is okay to debate, not to argue.

b. Do not make personal attacks against other members. We are a family. If you do this, you will no longer be welcome here.

c. Do not cause drama for the sake of upsetting other members.

d. Do not come to the board just to tell us we’re all terrible. Making a post like “YOU’RE ALL MEAN LEAVE THIS GIRL ALONE” will get you automatically banned.

e. Do not white knight.

We expect users to behave like civil adults. If you cannot disagree and get your point across without resorting to insults, then you do not belong here.

Warnings have been issued and all derailing comments have been hidden. Further violation of the rules after said warnings will result in bans. I prefer not to ban so please do not give me a reason to do so.

If you are getting into an argument, please take it to DM's.

You can find the rules in their entirety here. Please review them.

Also, when reporting, please do not make blank reports and please cite exactly which rule you believe the user/post is violating. It makes our job much more efficient.

Thank you.

Posted

just watched scarra talking about this and he mentioned 6 different girls, i know about yvonne, lily and pokimane, does anyone know who the other 3 are, just curious, not wanting talk shit or anything