• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

7066 posts in this topic

Posted

i really dont wanna sound sexist but every other female besides valk is ASS. they legit cannot hit an afk no skin or a broad side of a barn.

you meant every other TOP female streamer.  asivrs is a beast.  girl never misses.  electraahh is also INSANE.  typically wins most of her games with 10+ kills.  

also, on the topic of streaming being hard work?  i dont think thats the exchange people think about when deciding whether or not to become a streamer.  i think privacy is a big issue because once youre out there, there's really no deleting it.  people still talk shit and post about pooksie who has been off streaming for years just because when she did stream her nudes got released.  privacy is the ONLY sacrifice when it comes to streaming.  this is why i personally would never do it.   stating that streaming on vacation is hard for people who enjoy the spotlight/attention/donations etc is ridiculous.  they do not get paid to play video games,  this is the biggest lie they'll ever tell.  they get paid to stream themselves and their lives.  this is why people without cameras who make it big are super rare and why almost NO female who hasnt streamed with cam ever made it anywhere.    for smaller streamers getting started might be difficult but you do not get HIRED at twitch.  streaming is not a legitimate career as its not a skilled trade meaning anyone can do it,  literally anyone.   its an absolute luxury for anyone who makes a living off of it.  i dont see how anyone can argue otherwise.  

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I can't agree with this. They have an extremely flexible schedule, they get to "work" from home, they get to take multiple vacations, have fun while recording videos and still make money off of it. They don't have to worry about getting fired for making a simple calculation mistake, they don't have to be the yes man for employers, they don't deal with clients giving them no information and forcing them to complete a project, they don't have to deal with older clients not taking your advice seriously because you're a woman, they don't have to worry about making sure all of the systems are working correctly, and if they don't, you have a multi million dollar lawsuit on your hands, they don't have to worry about documenting every conversation with the client in case they try to blame a problem on you. Every job takes a toll on everyone at some point. That's life. Getting tired from sitting at your desk and recording yourself from gaming? Like, grow up. Try sitting in a meeting all day while people shove issues and questions in your face and berating you when you don't have an answer. They sit behind the safety of their computer and only communicate with friends and barely have any interaction with the outside world. Any opposing opinion they deal with is met with 1000's of white knights defending them. They're probably getting burned out because it's not challenging enough.

I'm an engineer, and I love what I do, but it is stressful as hell and very difficult/frustrating at times. I'm really tired of people trying to shove this "hardships of streaming" narrative in other people's faces. It's like they're trying to invalidate everyone else's job, and it saddens me. 

I didn’t compare it to engineering and I’m not saying that there’s not harder jobs?!! You’re blessed if you’re able to make streaming a career BUT it is more than just sitting in front of a computer, I’m sorry that you don’t agree with that and I’m not a white knight by any means, I think white knights are referred towards men who thirst after women. 

If you’re a dude and you’re a pro player then maybe it’s slightly easier because you get away with the entertainment aspect of it as well as constantly talking to chat. If you aren’t as skilled, you have to entertain more. It’s a part of the entertainment industry, and just because some streamers suck at their job *cough poki cough* it doesn’t mean that others aren’t busting their asses off.

yes , it’s a fun job, it’s a very fortunate job, but it’s a job. All jobs have their pros and cons. 

And to further clarify, I did not once say it was the hardest job out there. Different jobs require different set of skills. 

Edited by Piyoko

Posted

you meant every other TOP female streamer.  asivrs is a beast.  girl never misses.  electraahh is also INSANE.  typically wins most of her games with 10+ kills.  

Loeya is really good too and a pretty big streamer for a female&from Europe, and I personally don't mind streamers who are bad at the game, I enjoy watching AngelsKimi tho she sucks at the game at least she doesn't hide it and actually wants to improve, what I dislike about Poki is how she tries to hide that she's total shit at the game by surrounding herself with pro players and playing only duos&squads with people who carry her (or with total randoms so she can blame them for dying like yesterday I watched her for a minute and she was playing duo fill and the guy was a no skin and didn't had a mic so first thing she said before landing was smth like "oh, I think we're going to die really fast" lol) 

I do think Twitch should be half gameplay half personality, but I hate the fact that Poki gets such a massive audience just because of her persona, that is in fact totally cringy and fake. I've never blamed her for being bad at League while getting big numbers on Twitch because it was still imo one of the best LoL gameplays from a female streamer I've seen, every other smaller girl on Twitch was a gold Janna main who would always duo with her challenger smurf bf while Poki was playing soloq on midlane vs diamonds and maybe not carrying games but also not  extremely feeding, but now her numbers on Twitch have like doubled or even tripled when her gameplay is a total 0 and there is a bunch of other female Fortnite streamers who are just way better and deserve the recognition that Poki took away from them, that's why I'm kinda salty

Posted

What do you mean? She sucked ass at league and got boosted when she was offline, with currently a negative winrate in diamond. 

Posted

I didn’t compare it to engineering and I’m not saying that there’s not harder jobs?!! You’re blessed if you’re able to make streaming a career BUT it is more than just sitting in front of a computer, I’m sorry that you don’t agree with that and I’m not a white knight by any means, I think white knights are referred towards men who thirst after women. 

If you’re a dude and you’re a pro player then maybe it’s slightly easier because you get away with the entertainment aspect of it as well as constantly talking to chat. If you aren’t as skilled, you have to entertain more. It’s a part of the entertainment industry, and just because some streamers suck at their job *cough poki cough* it doesn’t mean that others aren’t busting their asses off.

yes , it’s a fun job, it’s a very fortunate job, but it’s a job. All jobs have their pros and cons. 

And to further clarify, I did not once say it was the hardest job out there. Different jobs require different set of skills. 

I wasn't calling you a white knight at all. I was talking about the people who comment in her stream and twitter.

Several people in here think streaming is easy, and I agree, but you called people out with a differing opinion than yours and challenged them. How else are we to interpret this? That's what I was responding to. I never said it wasn't a job. The only thing I have said was that it was easy.

There are jobs easier than engineering, and there are jobs harder than engineering. My post wasn't about engineering, and it doesn't matter. However, when someone thinks streaming is easy based off of their's and others past experiences, you can't just dismiss their opinion and tell them "why don't you do it if it's so easy?" 

Posted

What do you mean? She sucked ass at league and got boosted when she was offline, with currently a negative winrate in diamond. 

Yeah but name another female streamer who was better lol.  The thing is, all League female streamers were hella bad and boosted. I still find Poki one of the better LoL players COMPARING to other girls (we're talking only about streamers here). Also, she was the biggest girl streamer but there were a lot of guys who were way bigger than her, I don't really remember how much viewers she had in League days but definitely not 15k like now and I think she wasn't as childish and weird as she is now so I think her gameplay to personality to viewers ratio wasn't THAT bad. Now she's like top 5 Fortnite streamers of ALL TIME with a total shit gameplay and 0 entertainment while I can name at least 10 other female streamers who are way better at the game than her, meanwhile I can't name even one girl streamer who was significantly more skilled than Poki. And still watching shitty Lux or Orianna gameplay in diamond is more interesting than watching shitty gold Janna gameplay. Also Poki was around League scene for a while, she's been streaming LoL for couple of years so I do believe her spot in the League community was maybe not really deserved, but fair. But I can't say that about Fortnite, she just recently decided to hop on the bandwagon, found some pro player friends and randomly became one of the biggest names in Fortnite community which is a total absurd. 

Posted

I think YourPrincess is fairly skilled at league, mechanically better than poki by far. You’re correct in the sense that most females suck at league but that doesn’t make her good at it or deserving of her rank. She’s average at it, it’s painful to see her go 0/8 on lux in lane and blame the jungler for an entire game.

ItsHafu was also really good at league but she quit during pokimanes prime time. 

Its a game that takes a lot of time to get good at because there’s a lot of information in the game, most females don’t invest that time into the game. 

Posted

its just not a job though.  because the only con is that you're losing privacy and thats completely by choice.   its a hobby that people make money off of.  some people get so big that they'll then hire a team to help them with their hobby, but i cannot ever call streaming a job when a job consists of actual work.   You keep having to clarify your statement by discounting the exact reasons you made them.  Streaming doesnt take skill, it takes luck.   having a personality just isnt a skill.  yes different jobs to require different sets of skills but in no way does streaming require any skill whatsoever.   i get on my computer everyday and play video games and judge pokimane.  so by your logic, if i started getting paid for that, it would now be a job?   no.  job = work  not job = getting paid for something that is a hobby.   they are lucky.  thats literally it.     i know 87 females irl that are more charming and harder working than pedomane will ever be.   she holds absolutely zero skills,  she gets paid to do absolutely nothing that she doesnt already want to do.  she is not employed by twitch therefor it is not a job.  

Posted

most females don’t invest that time into the game. 

wow wrong again. there are so many females that DO put actual time into learning a game, that follow closely behind if not equal to their male competition.   but they just arent willing to become a 3 year old adult child who says things like uwu call me when you're older and chase clout like dickriding poki.  making a sexist blanket statement like this is more ridiculous than claiming streaming is a job.  im gonna assume you're incredibly young and thats totally cool and fine because i have a feeling as you grow older your opinions will change.  I hope my tone doesnt come off as snooty saying that, it would just explain your views a lot better. 

Posted

wow wrong again. there are so many females that DO put actual time into learning a game, that follow closely behind if not equal to their male competition.   but they just arent willing to become a 3 year old adult child who says things like uwu call me when you're older and chase clout like dickriding poki.  making a sexist blanket statement like this is more ridiculous than claiming streaming is a job.  im gonna assume you're incredibly young and thats totally cool and fine because i have a feeling as you grow older your opinions will change.  I hope my tone doesnt come off as snooty saying that, it would just explain your views a lot better. 

I’m not very young I just know I’m more competitive than most girls. I’m not saying ALL girls aren’t spending time on it, if you look on the Korean scene there’s challenger females etc, plus the streaming industry is heavily male dominated, I think most surveys have shown that it’s 20% females or what not? 

So im sure a lot of competitive ones are not actually streaming. If women put as many hours on average into games as men I’m sure we’d see more women in challenger. 

Most women stream less on average too.

https://infogram.com/twitch-gender-study-1gl94pkqj796p3v

you might find this study interesting, men do actually stream more than women on average but that doesn’t say anything about skill. 

Pretty sure women try harder in Korea  and other Asian places with game opportunities, since they have a bit more tournaments going on for women. There’s that one overwatch league female though. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still have seen competitive women like Valkyrae tries really hard and some other women in the fortnite community, along with itshafu etc. but they’re definitely not as many as you make them sound.

Posted (edited)

I find it really funny how Pokimane played in the Summer Skirmish today with KittyPlays and turned her chat into sub mode only. She knows she’s downright horrible at the game and depends on being carried. She was always trying to rush these pros and dying endless times before her partner.  

In terms of sub mode, why couldn’t you do that when your chat was being toxic with Fed? Why not do it when you’re playing with Myth? Scared to get flamed when it’s you and not anyone huh? 

Edited by Ppmaloop

Posted (edited)

I'm just going to have to say Streaming is a very very hard occupation to actually make money off of consistently and enough to support a living wage. For each dumb ass you got making a career out of it, you got thousands who spend 60+ hour weeks trying to break into it but only make a few hundred a month. Or maybe even nothing lol

It is actually extremely tough because the industry is oversaturated. Pokimane may have it easier because she started streaming at the height of the Era and she knows how to sell herself as "the girl next door" Now that -everyone- and their dogs stream, it is ridiculously competitive. There are many behind the scenes planning. It is exhausting.

You never hear from the many people who fail because duh...... they never made it.

I'm not whitenighting Pokimane either since I don't care for her. Just a lurker.

But streaming is 100% a job. Anything that a person does that makes them money is a job.

....and who says a hobby can't be a job? They aren't exclusive.

Edited by -KnottyFins-

Posted

Without derailing this thread any further....in my opinion anything that makes someone money is a job. By definition a "job" is a paid position of regular employment. Which is technically what streamers do especially if they are making a living off of it. 

In terms of how hard it is as a streamer......I personally think that it is quite relaxing but as Piyoko has said previously...every job has it's cons. Streaming and social media, for instance, isn't a permanent job (in my opinion). It's only temporary because you never know what the circumstances are, who your next competition will be, etc. It's not a stable job and even though poki may be earning a lot now from streaming, that could change in an instant depending on fluctuations with her audience and fan base. Do you think she'll be able to keep her fan base when she is in her 30's? Challenge with streaming is that you never know when your peak will end. 

I'm not a fan of Poki either and streaming/social media is definitely not my idea of a very good job, but you can't completely discredit it as "not a job" as many people nowadays earn a living off social media and streaming. I don't consider instagram modelling a job either since most of the girls just post pictures of their bodies and get sponsors and make so much money off the ads they promote, etc. But they're making a living and technically, it is a job.

Posted (edited)

I find it really funny how Pokimane played in the Summer Skirmish today with KittyPlays and turned her chat into sub mode only. She knows she’s downright horrible at the game and depends on being carried. She was always trying to rush these pros and dying endless times before her partner.  

In terms of sub mode, why couldn’t you do that when your chat was being toxic with Fed? Why not do it when you’re playing with Myth? Scared to get flamed when it’s you and not anyone huh? 

tbh even her subs called her horrible and that she doesn't have chances and why is she even in this tourney etc lmao but ofc there were white knights who blamed Kitty for holding Poki back when Kitty was literally babysitting her and giving directions all the time she was even telling Poki when she should shoot and when there was a 1 sec when Kitty would leave her without direction Poki was already dead lol 

tho Kitty is a low player too and she got carried by Tfue in week 1 I still felt bad for her, Poki was like a clueless infant and it looked like Kitty took the tourney seriously but Poki just kept on singing and repeating "ohhh I'm so monkaS", "these games are so hard" (well, surprise, ur playing against the best players in the entire game lol)

Edited by saina

Posted

I dont get why poki doesnt try to get better at the games she plays, I guess she has no motivation to since her fanboys give her views anyways, but it wouldnt be hard since shes gonna be playing them so might as well