• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

10062 posts in this topic

Posted

sounds like she's considering movie out and getting her own apartment like toast did

https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularColorfulLouseDeIlluminati

Throws vague statement in the room that its not only the internet and then says it has nothing to do with her roommates... then don't bring it up, if you don't even know for certain that you want your own apartment. Man she still acts like shes 12..

Well I also can see Toast moving back in, since the breakup with janet he seems to miss them very much.

Honestly for otv it won't change much. They all play league together hanging out together without Poki.,.. it feels like she isn't even part of them anymore and that makes me like them way more when I watch streams with Lily, Fed and michael it comes across so natural completly differant than or with with Poki.

She will probably still live at the OTV house, but takes an extra apartment were she streams... but who knows. 

Posted

sounds like she's considering movie out and getting her own apartment like toast did

https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularColorfulLouseDeIlluminati

I know that all the members have complained about the Internet, but why bring up "other factors" if you're not going to explain yourself? Of course her viewers are going to think that it's about drama in the house. She just loves to stir up drama and rumours to remain relevant and to get people talking about her. I think she knows that she's slowly slipping out of the Twitch limelight due to literally never bothering to stream. 

Posted

I know that all the members have complained about the Internet, but why bring up "other factors" if you're not going to explain yourself? Of course her viewers are going to think that it's about drama in the house. She just loves to stir up drama and rumours to remain relevant and to get people talking about her. I think she knows that she's slowly slipping out of the Twitch limelight due to literally never bothering to stream. 

fr. jfc just move back to canada already

Posted

you bring up a point I wanted to ask you guys about. strangely she is not slipping out of the twitch limelight. her stream is (or was last week) at her highest sub-count ever and lately she's gotten around 15-20k viewers each stream. anyone know why? I remember not to long ago she would be above 10k viewers only for Fortnite or some sort of specials stream and not for her lazy "I thank subs and donors" just chatting streams.

Posted

you bring up a point I wanted to ask you guys about. strangely she is not slipping out of the twitch limelight. her stream is (or was last week) at her highest sub-count ever and lately she's gotten around 15-20k viewers each stream. anyone know why? I remember not to long ago she would be above 10k viewers only for Fortnite or some sort of specials stream and not for her lazy "I thank subs and donors" just chatting streams.

https://twitchtracker.com/pokimane If you look at her follower growth and hours watched growth, I don't think it's especially high or out of the ordinary as a percentage growth. Up until Q4 2019, Twitch was growing incredibly fast and Imane was at the forefront of a lot of their marketing. She definitely is and was the biggest streamer of her style/type (regarding personality, Just Chatting content, and gender). This yields some positive feedback: she gets bigger, therefore she is advertised more, therefore she gets even bigger. As OfflineTV has grown as a brand, it has also brought in a lot of people from other communities (especially YouTube, in no small part due to Michael Reeves and other collabs). For communities like Offline, new followers will start following/watching pretty much everyone in the group, and that includes Imane.  

Posted

I’m going to guess that it’s because other platforms like YouTube and Mixer are doing contracts with top streamers.  Recently Valkyrae left twitch for YouTube so I assume some people might stick with the twitch platform and swap streamers for a bit🤷🏻‍♀️  It still blows my mind that people really only watch Poki because she’s “the most famous girl streamer” and then they stay in her chat watching her do NOTHING. 

Posted

I’m going to guess that it’s because other platforms like YouTube and Mixer are doing contracts with top streamers.  Recently Valkyrae left twitch for YouTube so I assume some people might stick with the twitch platform and swap streamers for a bit🤷🏻‍♀️  It still blows my mind that people really only watch Poki because she’s “the most famous girl streamer” and then they stay in her chat watching her do NOTHING. 

Well valk never was that big.  Int erms of follwoers sure, but viewers she always was between 2k and when playing Fortntie 3k viewers. i actually was shocked when Youtube offerd her a contract, but I think Nadeshot has a close relationship with Youtube.

Some people always wonder when Poki is leaving Twitch, honestly I don't see her ever leaving Twitch.

She is Twitchs golden girl, even if Mixer comes with a 20 mil offer, Poki need attention and seeing how the other streamer do now after switching, I doubt she will leave the plattform. But tis crazy how much bigger Poki is than anyone else when it comes to female. Daph viewercoutn went down and is now in the 2-3k range. She has no competition and thats pretty sad.

Posted

Poki doesn't share viewers with other streamers (besides some offlinetv/justfriends people). people who watch poki are not likely to watch other streamers who don't have a similar uwu persona, and people who watch other streamers are unlikely to watch poki. This is why most streamers like Hassan and ItsSliker's chats dont like her. The only competition I can think of was valkyrae if she ever came near poki's numbers because she's beautiful and genuinely sweet. Hachu, daph, hafu and other female streamers don't really sell the same persona or content as her, so their viewerships are unlikely to compete IMO.

TBH am I the only one not bothered by her popularity or viewcount or followers. It's funny because we all know she doesn't have good friends or ambitions and is burned out from streaming to the point of unhappiness. I think that says a lot more about her than these numbers do.

Posted

IMO she maintains her viewership but she very rarely gains a huge amount of new viewers. And people watch her stream, but don't engage with it, like if you compare her chat to someone else's with the same amount of viewers, her chat is slow. Not that she probably cares bc she gets so many subs/resubs during her streams. Plus the community rarely talks about her anymore unless they're the spreading the no makeup pic or WeirdChamping her when she's brought up in other streams. I think deep down she knows the wider Twitch/gaming community don't care about her anymore. 

Posted

20200130_074208.thumb.jpg.e1896a6275eb09

Posted

This person is very talented and I don’t mean to undermine their work but that is not Pokimane’s body type, tho Idk how this game works so it might just be a case that every girl in game has a tiny waist

2B7E7E93-BF78-4340-95EC-93CC13082390.jpeg

4B15A69D-70B7-410C-BDE1-8E3905C46924.jpeg

Posted

This person is very talented and I don’t mean to undermine their work but that is not Pokimane’s body type, tho Idk how this game works so it might just be a case that every girl in game has a tiny waist

2B7E7E93-BF78-4340-95EC-93CC13082390.jpeg

4B15A69D-70B7-410C-BDE1-8E3905C46924.jpeg

It doesn't even look like her tbh. Invadervie was the first person to pop in my head when I saw this.

Posted

Poki doesn't share viewers with other streamers (besides some offlinetv/justfriends people). people who watch poki are not likely to watch other streamers who don't have a similar uwu persona, and people who watch other streamers are unlikely to watch poki. This is why most streamers like Hassan and ItsSliker's chats dont like her. The only competition I can think of was valkyrae if she ever came near poki's numbers because she's beautiful and genuinely sweet. Hachu, daph, hafu and other female streamers don't really sell the same persona or content as her, so their viewerships are unlikely to compete IMO.

TBH am I the only one not bothered by her popularity or viewcount or followers. It's funny because we all know she doesn't have good friends or ambitions and is burned out from streaming to the point of unhappiness. I think that says a lot more about her than these numbers do.

Yeah I'm not bothered by her popularity either. It's pretty well known she caters to lonely dudes who need a pseudo gf experience. Unironically telling ppl you watch hachu, daph, hafu ect won't really raise any eyebrows but saying you watch poki is a good way to get called a cuck 

Like it or not there's gonna be a lot of sad boys on the net who want to be pandered to, at least they're all quarantined in her chat and ppl understand she isnt a good representation of female streamers it's w/e

As long as she doesn't pretend to be ~the best female gamer twitch girl~ or spout her bs woke messages about loving yourself while painting girls in a bad light ("Girls look like eggs without makeup get used to it!!") I don't care what she does.