679 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah that's the general vibe I get off Poki too. I also get the feeling that because of her conservative upbringing (she just went back home to see her parents at the start of Ramadan) she is a "everything but" virgin. It's why she has that slut-shaming complex towards other e-girls because she thinks she is above them in some arbitrary way, 

Yeah she’s a bit of a practicing muslim. She went home to her family to observe Ramadan. She’s on a fast that’s why you don’t see her take a sip of water on stream like she normally does, because they can’t drink anything while fasting.

Posted

Again nothing wrong with being a muslim but she wont even answer any question about ramadan or anything. I mean i know she wants the anime girl status and shit but cmon its nothing wrong about answer some of the questions.

Someone sent me a clip of yesterdays stream when her freind got a question about ramadan and she said ask poki or something but she did not answer.

Posted

I remember watching poki's stream years ago before she got huge and I coulda sworn she was always high and talked about weed somewhat openly. Can anyone else confirm this or am I just making this up in my mind?

now she claims to be very straight edge.. no drinking/drugs but I think maybe it's because she got huge and doesn't want her family to see.

Posted

I remember watching poki's stream years ago before she got huge and I coulda sworn she was always high and talked about weed somewhat openly. Can anyone else confirm this or am I just making this up in my mind?

now she claims to be very straight edge.. no drinking/drugs but I think maybe it's because she got huge and doesn't want her family to see.

I think maybe it has more to do with money and less to do with her family. Ninja is the biggest streamer at the moment and he recently swore off cursing and became more kid friendly because of his audience. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokimane wants to have a similar appeal for the ad revenue. Twitch isn't YouTube, but I wouldn't be surprised if that straight-edge culture (with worries about demonetization and such) leaked into the Twitch community.