• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

7018 posts in this topic

Posted

wtf has happened to this page. people straight up cant critsize or say anything negative about pokimane without 3 others swooping in to defend her and a bunch of newbie accounts downvoting the criticizers. also where have all the old posters gone?

she's just been so far off my radar since i switched interests that i honestly almost forgot about her.  i didn't realize how little reach she had outside of her minuscule fan base.  Plus every time i check its just the same old repetitive poki drama (she'll honestly never change)  and nothing new enough (like a total crash and burn) to pique my interest.  however, hi everyone.  she's still the worst thing ever.

Posted

i think gilgamesh is just saying that the poki fans that make the deepfakes of her or sexualize her creepily arent the only ones to blame and that poki helps curate their behavior and attracts them through her actions to keep a large viewership

and also that there has been a lot of new people making accounts in the past few months who either dont read the thread and/or are white knighting and twisting peoples words of any critique, which i agree with

that being said, i agree with isitweirdtolike that recently its been the same drama around her so i dont comment. all i know is shes going to paris or something with just fed in a week or so which is really weird

Posted

i think gilgamesh is just saying that the poki fans that make the deepfakes of her or sexualize her creepily arent the only ones to blame and that poki helps curate their behavior and attracts them through her actions to keep a large viewership

and also that there has been a lot of new people making accounts in the past few months who either dont read the thread and/or are white knighting and twisting peoples words of any critique, which i agree with

that being said, i agree with isitweirdtolike that recently its been the same drama around her so i dont comment. all i know is shes going to paris or something with just fed in a week or so which is really weird

You put it perfectly. Honestly, pokimane is so boring if theres no drama around her that it's probably why the thread has turned into the same thing over and over which is a given. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it just means she gets less attention

Posted

721CC50D-D1FD-4131-B03E-2E57DFCD72A4.thuShe rarely smiles in front of the camera, i mean a real open mouth laugh, not those uwu smile or fake ass sweet gal giggles. I can see why but still wish her show her true self a little more. 

Posted (edited)

721CC50D-D1FD-4131-B03E-2E57DFCD72A4.thuShe rarely smiles in front of the camera, i mean a real open mouth laugh, not those uwu smile or fake ass sweet gal giggles. I can see why but still wish her show her true self a little more. 

Please don’t ever criticise someone’s smile. It’s such an awful thing to do. Just let someone show genuine happiness without making them feel self conscious. Real smiles are precious, no matter how much you dislike someone. 

Edited by Soapie
Just want to add in: this is coming from someone who had to wear braces. If you have any negative thoughts about someone’s smile, just keep it to yourself. It really sucks feeling like you can’t freely smile and that people are judging you for it.

Posted

Please don’t ever criticise someone’s smile. It’s such an awful thing to do. Just let someone show genuine happiness without making them feel self conscious. Real smiles are precious, no matter how much you dislike someone. 

Please read the post fully and carefully.

They were praising her smile, the one in the photo attached because it looks more genuine. The point wasn’t to criticize her teeth, but rather comparing her genuineness off stream vs on stream. 

No one was talking about her teeth, no one said anything about how ugly her smile is. With that being said, no one cares if you’ve had braces. That’s something to keep to yourself. Anyone who has braces were most likely self conscious about their teeth, that’s why they have braces in the first place. Anyway, adding this little bit and telling someone to not criticize their smile (when they actually wasn’t) just sounds like you’re projecting.

To anyone new in this thread (or pull in general), please read other users’ posts more carefully and all the way through before you add your two cents in.

Posted

i am not criticizing “someone’s” smile. I am criticizing/mocking pokimane’s mug on pokimane’s gossip thread, so you probably know this isn’t about you or your brace. Same goes to when I say “Trump’s hair is so hideous”, it isn’t really about your friend tom’s or anyone’s bad hair. Hope you know the difference. 

Posted

How come some people go on gossip forums and try to play moral compass? Go whine somewhere else you sensitive hoe

Posted

How come some people go on gossip forums and try to play moral compass? Go whine somewhere else you sensitive hoe

Yet you have people insisting that they are only pointing out how bad someone is and they aren't hating just to hate. 

Posted

Yet you have people insisting that they are only pointing out how bad someone is and they aren't hating just to hate. 

Well, I am sure some people don't just hate to hate, but I certainly can't speak for everyone and I myself am most definitely not pretending to be a saint.

Posted (edited)

Okay, what is up with the A level dbag attitude in here?

First of all, I reported the comment calling another user a sensitive hoe because it was downright a revolting attitude towards someone who did no wrong but to state her/his opinion and the reasoning behind it. Ngl, some people seriously have worse attitudes than the person they are trying to criticize and talk shit about here (Pokimane).

Secondly, the post about Pokimanes smile quite literally stated "She rarely smiles in front of the camera, i mean a real open mouth laugh, not those uwu smile or fake ass sweet gal giggles. I can see why, but blabla". 

They were NOT praising her smile, they were criticizing her smile because "they can see why she doesn't smile like that" (other words: It looks bad). The only thing they were positive about is Pokimane showing more of her true self. Not sure how people have been able to twist that comment into making it a positive one. The writer of the comment says they are only "hating on it" because it's Pokimanes, which is a weak excuse to go around hating on a physical appearance that many people might have, but you do you.

I wouldn't have cared one bit about this conversation if it weren't for the one person being attacked like this while having others pretend they did no wrong. There's been COUNTLESS comments all over this forum reminding each other not to attack physical appearance because we are above that, no one can change much about how they look (besides weight) and because it might hurt pull members who have the same feature. When Poki's nose got bashed with hate, many stood up to defend it. Yet for some unknown dumb reason, one person asking to not talk this way about a smile for good reasons and even a personal reason, is a different case? 

"Because they weren't criticizing her smile, this other user is just projecting and no one cares about their personal stuff"
Please read other users’ posts more carefully (Oh the irony) and speak for yourself from now on.  I don't care if you’ve had braces and I think that is something you keep to yourself. I find this a little bit too much. I fixed it for you. Since many people on this entire forum have shared personal information as to why they feel a certain way and so far you're one of the few ones who has ever acted this way, honey fix your attitude.

Edited by Rosami
Got my info wrong and edited. Nothing fancy.

Posted

"Because they weren't criticizing her smile, this other user is just projecting and no one cares about their personal stuff"
Please read other users’ posts more carefully (Oh the irony) and speak for yourself from now on.  I don't care if you’ve had braces and I think that is something you keep to yourself. I find this a little bit too much. I fixed it for you. Since many people on this entire forum have shared personal information as to why they feel a certain way and so far you're one of the few ones who has ever acted this way, honey fix your attitude.

PULL isn’t catered to making users feel better about themselves. It’s a place to discuss the topic: Pokimane. Just because someone is criticizing her looks doesn’t mean they’re criticizing others in general. Therefore, saying “please don’t criticize x because I also have it and it makes me feel bad about myself” is more of a “you” problem than a Pokimane problem. Plus, a criticism includes an opinion. If you don’t like the opinions others have expressed, feel free to downvote or move on. That’s what those buttons are for. If you want to discuss this further, PM me (you won’t). Otherwise, you are continuing to derail the thread.

The way I read @jazzkr’s comment was that she preferred a genuine Pokimane smile. Pokimane covers her mouth when she giggles sometimes on stream, but we don’t know if it’s because she’s insecure of her smile or if it’s just a mannerism (most likely). @jazzkr did say she wishes to see her true self more, hence the open smile. 

Posted (edited)

The first monokini pic, she seems sad

61586715_2301571713496761_1816501982270665327_n.jpg

Edited by jift

Posted

PULL isn’t catered to making users feel better about themselves. It’s a place to discuss the topic: Pokimane. Just because someone is criticizing her looks doesn’t mean they’re criticizing others in general. Therefore, saying “please don’t criticize x because I also have it and it makes me feel bad about myself” is more of a “you” problem than a Pokimane problem. Plus, a criticism includes an opinion. If you don’t like the opinions others have expressed, feel free to downvote or move on. That’s what those buttons are for. If you want to discuss this further, PM me (you won’t). Otherwise, you are continuing to derail the thread.

The way I read @jazzkr’s comment was that she preferred a genuine Pokimane smile. Pokimane covers her mouth when she giggles sometimes on stream, but we don’t know if it’s because she’s insecure of her smile or if it’s just a mannerism (most likely). @jazzkr did say she wishes to see her true self more, hence the open smile. 

The way I read it with the user saying they can see why she doesn't, I saw it as she doesn't have the best smile but should own it and be herself more. Not that it really matters. 

The way I see appearance bashing, it is that if the person that is being targeted insulted anyone's appearance they are fair game. However my thing is that often-times a lot of the people that do it unprovoked are the first ones to throw a fit when done to them or to a friend (the hypocrisy is understandable, we are human). But it is easy to defend the right to be mean when we are hiding behind a computer. Not like I don't make fun of people's attire or whatever either.

But enough of derailing that. If Pokimane isn't providing PULL content, sometimes the really irrelevant things can come off as obsessive and just wanting to have a reason to write something. I think it is pretty interesting that nothing has really been of note. Could either be that she is trying to be lowkey or that her popularity is waning. Every game she has tried to attach herself to recently hasn't really spread out her brand, and her attempts to get LSF approval have been met short. She was even trying to kiss up to Maya because she is currently the LSF favorite, ironically because she was compared to her. What do you all think? 

Posted

this is a pokimane thread, not share your feelings thread, friends.