• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

7237 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anybody else see this shit?! First of all why is someone who made a was bitching about not playing fortnite commenting on anything fortnite related. I mean she literally titled a youtube video " why i dont play fortinite anymore". I mean she bitches about how she needs to keep her mental health or whatever, but yet she comes back to the game.

Screenshot_2019-05-05-12-22-33~2.png

Screenshot_2019-05-05-12-23-50~2.png

Posted

They probably call the women here jealous because among all the valid critique of Pokimane there are people bashing her hair, her face, her outfits, etc. That just comes across as petty and in instances, as trying to make oneself feel better about their looks or whatnot. So I can see that being a valid critique of PULL. I've seen it in order threads. 

Just wanted to say PULL is a gossip site and that you can just ignore those posts? Also Pokimane shoops the shit out of her photos so honestly she did that to herself. 

She wants to come across as the wholesome beauty but when you see real photos of her they are nothing like the ones she posts herself. *shrugs* I don't think that's right at all. 

Posted

They probably call the women here jealous because among all the valid critique of Pokimane there are people bashing her hair, her face, her outfits, etc. That just comes across as petty and in instances, as trying to make oneself feel better about their looks or whatnot. So I can see that being a valid critique of PULL. I've seen it in order threads. 

I don't particularly care about Pokimane's looks and I think other people don't really either, but I think people bash her looks because she fakes them so much. She photoshops herself to death and so when her real looks are shown, it becomes a laughing matter. If it's harmful for magazines to photoshop models' bodies into something that will cause insecurities among women, especially young impressionable teenagers, then it's also harmful for Pokimane to alter her face and body and present it as real. She is honestly pretty in my eyes and I think many would agree that she is fairly conventionally attractive so it just seems strange as to why she would go so far to modify the way she looks and presenting them as her real self when her real self isn't even that bad. In my opinion, the worst thing about her faking her looks is the fact she posts a picture of her "abs" when she doesn't work out, eats a shit ton, does pretty much little to nothing to earn those abs. It's part of the phenomenon that social media stars have started of "put little effort but get all the rewards". "Look at me I'm pretty, popular, and rich! My life is perfect!" It doesn't work that way.

There are many models themselves who wish they looked like their photoshopped selves (Cindy Crawford famously said "I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford). This isn't healthy. People want to be more relatable to celebrities and know that they're not just flawless beings who got dealt the right hands in life. Hopefully I explained that alright

Posted

The jealousy argument is so arrogant, like is poki so flawless the only reason ppl would dislike her is because they're jealous?

For someone who prides himself on his intelligence that's pretty fuckin stupid coming from destiny 

Comments like 'theyre just jealous', 'haters gonna hate', 'its because shes a successful woman' ect is just an easy way to bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact that some of the things she does are actually shitty

Posted (edited)

To be honest these type of forums are always 90% bashing on said persons looks/repeats of ppl calling them fake/ugly/look at her hair etc and what not and like 10% the person actually being a shit. So when someone does browse these forums no wonder they just think it's people being jealous of Pokimane. Sometimes I'm even like "okay we get it she's fake". Wish there was a tab where we could have all the shits she's done separated from the repeat bashing.

Edited by PixieRun

Posted (edited)

To be honest these type of forums are always 90% bashing on said persons looks/repeats of ppl calling them fake/ugly/look at her hair etc and what not and like 10% the person actually being a shit. So when someone does browse these forums no wonder they just think it's people being jealous of Pokimane. Sometimes I'm even like "okay we get it she's fake". Wish there was a tab where we could have all the shits she's done separated from the repeat bashing.

True. That's why people love shit talking PULL whenever it gets linked somewhere else. They call us insane and female incels.

1T2L7k7.png

Edited by Lovelace123

Posted

I don't particularly care about Pokimane's looks and I think other people don't really either, but I think people bash her looks because she fakes them so much. She photoshops herself to death and so when her real looks are shown, it becomes a laughing matter. If it's harmful for magazines to photoshop models' bodies into something that will cause insecurities among women, especially young impressionable teenagers, then it's also harmful for Pokimane to alter her face and body and present it as real. She is honestly pretty in my eyes and I think many would agree that she is fairly conventionally attractive so it just seems strange as to why she would go so far to modify the way she looks and presenting them as her real self when her real self isn't even that bad. In my opinion, the worst thing about her faking her looks is the fact she posts a picture of her "abs" when she doesn't work out, eats a shit ton, does pretty much little to nothing to earn those abs. It's part of the phenomenon that social media stars have started of "put little effort but get all the rewards". "Look at me I'm pretty, popular, and rich! My life is perfect!" It doesn't work that way.

There are many models themselves who wish they looked like their photoshopped selves (Cindy Crawford famously said "I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford). This isn't healthy. People want to be more relatable to celebrities and know that they're not just flawless beings who got dealt the right hands in life. Hopefully I explained that alright

I can see that, and pointing out the photoshop is fine, but when it is repeated bashing like "That outfit is horrible! I wouldn't get out of the house wearing that!" It's like okay, we get it, you (I mean this in the general sense) are the almighty fashion police and this girl has committed a heinous crime. People stop pointing out harmful body alterations that can warp the sense of beauty of those that see them to just plain attacking, which isn't good. I feel that it should get moderated. There is only so many times people can bring up the same thing. We already know it happens. What is the point? What should get pointed out is valid, problematic behavior. 

Posted

I can see that, and pointing out the photoshop is fine, but when it is repeated bashing like "That outfit is horrible! I wouldn't get out of the house wearing that!" It's like okay, we get it, you (I mean this in the general sense) are the almighty fashion police and this girl has committed a heinous crime. People stop pointing out harmful body alterations that can warp the sense of beauty of those that see them to just plain attacking, which isn't good. I feel that it should get moderated. There is only so many times people can bring up the same thing. We already know it happens. What is the point? What should get pointed out is valid, problematic behavior. 

Who determines what is "valid, problematic behaviour"? Who dictates what is "attacking" here? I'm sure many would say that the entirety.of this site is attacking people. Who's to say that attacking them for propagating an unapologetically altered appearance to an audience unable or unwilling to discern from what could possibly be expected in reality isn't problematic behavior. Especially when that same person reinforces said images with falsehoods regarding their health and fitness regimen. While at the same time espousing positivity and self love. Some might feel justified in a critique of the clothes and/or presentation of someone who chastises similar female streamers for being, as she says, "boobie streamers". Or using "Blechh! Blechh!"(vomit noises) as a reaction to others appearance. This site shouldn't be a moral compass. That's not it's purpose. And judging someone featured here on their appearance, when not only do they do the same to others, but base the majority of their persona across all social media upon a false projection of it, seems valid and worthy criticism.

Posted

So poki just decided to upload an Instagram story to prove to her "stream" that she works out, listen pokimane, we believe you. 

Posted (edited)

It was actually because people started to say Hasan was on the phone, when her trainer called her. She was saying that she changed her Gym session with her trainer to an earlier time. So she could watch Game of Thrones with the house and be there for Fed's Cinco de mayo stream. When he called back to touch base with her everyone started to spam Hasan's name. Which she then proceeded to show her text's of her and the trainer to let everyone know she wasnt speaking to Hasan.

Edited by ozark

Posted

Lol at this clip. At least she acknowledges that she’s really not good at anything at all. Way to go Poki. 

Posted

It’s called criticism, which is okay here. People are allowed to have their own opinion on anything whether it’s their outfit or behavior, and others are free to chime in as well. Just because they are criticizing, doesn’t mean it’s attacking someone. There are far more important things to moderate. If you want more people to point out problematic behavior, then contribute and post something that pertains to that so it can start a discussion. Besides, this thread has already covered the basic problematic things she does so there may be a few things others would call “nitpicking”, still however, anything is open for discussion. 

Posted (edited)

Who determines what is "valid, problematic behaviour"? Who dictates what is "attacking" here? I'm sure many would say that the entirety.of this site is attacking people. Who's to say that attacking them for propagating an unapologetically altered appearance to an audience unable or unwilling to discern from what could possibly be expected in reality isn't problematic behavior. Especially when that same person reinforces said images with falsehoods regarding their health and fitness regimen. While at the same time espousing positivity and self love. Some might feel justified in a critique of the clothes and/or presentation of someone who chastises similar female streamers for being, as she says, "boobie streamers". Or using "Blechh! Blechh!"(vomit noises) as a reaction to others appearance. This site shouldn't be a moral compass. That's not it's purpose. And judging someone featured here on their appearance, when not only do they do the same to others, but base the majority of their persona across all social media upon a false projection of it, seems valid and worthy criticism.

So it is a case of "She does it so we will too!" which is not a good defense. Protect your reasons as you will, but they are explicitly the reason as to why the women on this site are perceived as catty and jealous with no good arguments. 

While some of what you said is valid, such as pointing out Pokimane's hypocrisy, most of the time it is just plain bashing out of nowhere. So if that is how some users are going to behave then they shouldn't get offended when they get called female incels. 

Edited by skoob

Posted

Man, Destiny and Toast and anybody else who called PuLL female incels must be eating popcorn right now.. 

Posted

So it is a case of "She does it so we will too!" which is not a good defense. Protect your reasons as you will, but they are explicitly the reason as to why the women on this site are perceived as catty and jealous with no good arguments. 

While some of what you said is valid, such as pointing out Pokimane's hypocrisy, most of the time it is just plain bashing out of nowhere. So if that is how some users are going to behave then they shouldn't get offended when they get called female incels. 

I don't really get why they use incel as an insult in this case/there's no reason to be really offended by it to begin with. I just find it kind of interesting that men get called incels when they're bashing women, but for some reason women get called incels when they talk about women as well? Incels literally hate women because they can't get laid by those said women, so they're saying we dont like poki cause we don't get laid by... Men? How is that relevant. 

Regardless, the minute females say anything critical about another female, guys are quick to jump to wow jealous bitches. That's why this "omg I'm not like other girls I love all girls #empowerment you're prettier, no you, no you" is so common in egirl circles. Cause they're so scared of being called jealous by boys(their $$$ source) that they fake all this female positivity for show. It doesn't matter what people say on this forum, at the end of the day some guys/wk are going to pick the most extreme comments and group everyone as a blanket statement to ignore valid criticism.

I've said this before but if she's gonna make half her career based off her looks, you bet I'm going to criticize her appearance when she Photoshops the hell out of herself and looks like a different person irl. If a popular fitness male Instagrammer did that with his muscles I'd criticize him too, I'm not jealous of his muscles, it's just annoying when public figures are liars and fakes and propogate impossible standards.