• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

7018 posts in this topic

Posted

Ugh I see shes jumping on the GTA 5 rp that sodapoppin, Greek and others been doing this week, she just loves to jump on anything thats hot. 

Posted (edited)

Ugh I see shes jumping on the GTA 5 rp that sodapoppin, Greek and others been doing this week, she just loves to jump on anything thats hot. 

i feel like chat wi ll get annoyed by her "character" real quick

edit: she just paused her game on a multiplayer rp server to thank her subs...

Edited by maddin

Posted

idk why the photos on the actual product listing looks deepfried but the homepage photo looks alright. though tbh that color story, girl, none of that speaks poki. even if it was someone elses palette the colors look weird together. 3 mattes and 6 metalics/glitter shades???3.15.2019-Winky-Lux-Digital-Homepage-Pok

Posted

I think the color choices are fine I could imagine owning the palette but the presentation of it looks cheap and I think the picture of her looks so old? Idk if she did her own makeup but I think it was poorly done and if a makeup guru was to test it I’d think over buying it - but her way of trying to sell it didn’t have me sold. I don’t think she cares that much for it to be honest, feels like a money grab. 

The picture of her in buns just looks like she has way too thick eyeliner, not sure what she was thinking cus imo usually her makeup suits her face at least, it’s very basic though so it’s hard to go wrong with that. It just feels rushed, the background for it being holo and everything idk it looks like a cheap shoot. 

Packaging isn’t very unique, reminds me of colourpop , but she’s probably not in a lot of control of that part as she just “started” this adventure. I hope, if she decides to release something else - at least put more effort down to the shoot and the look of the palette. She looked a mess and I feel mean saying it lol.

That red shimmery shade looks interesting imo tho. 

Posted

the leech is strong today. i've never cringed so hard before in my life i think i actaully pulled a muscle.  the rp content is great,  vader especially is hilarious.  but as soon as she is in the area the entire dynamic changes. shes not funny AT ALL.  like, her entire schpiel is damsel in distress.  she has no wit, no banter, no originality.  i truly hope she gets sick of gta like she does every other game she plays and goes back to slurping her dinner on camera while watching talented people on youtube.

Posted (edited)

her GTA content is .... not okay lol. what is she doing?

i see her chat enjoying what the others are saying more.

Edited by Dolliepop
clarify

Posted (edited)

Yeah her RP isn't fun to watch. Only reason why some people in game choose to interact with her for more than 5 minutes is because they know she's Pokimane.

Edited by Lovelace123

Posted (edited)

i mean............Screen_Shot_2019-03-17_at_6.51.17_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-03-17_at_6.51.37_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-03-17_at_6.52.25_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-03-17_at_6.54.34_PM.thu

even a goddamn professional mua can't save her face wtf (assuming they're professional)

Poki this style is really a no-go. you need something more bright to lift your features to counter the old droopy looks. honestly i think she could rock a true no-makeup makeup look where you drop the mascara/fake lashes, drop the darkened brows, DROP THE CRUSTY foundation (girl please revert back to the bare minimums of lotion and sunscreen keep it simple), light tinted gloss over the lips for the color, and light wings on the eye to lift them up. You have a cute natural look, accept it and learn to work off what you have, instead of trying to cake everything with makeup. makeup is best used to point out your key features. not every style is suited for every face. 

also i love the twin-bun hair-do /s. reminiscent of jenn im's first makeup collab with colourpop. imo i think poki looks cuter with a high ponytail or straight hair.

Screen_Shot_2019-03-17_at_6.57.09_PM.thu

(OT but jenn im is an absolute failure in the beauty/failure industry as well. unoriginal, sellout, and lazy. )

Edited by imlurking

Posted

Her make up was done by Edgar, her professional makeup artist. He already has a YouTube video out, praising the "Poki Palette".

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/pokimane/clip/ArtsyFantasticDunlinTriHard

"I'm not turning cam off!". Literally every other streamer turns it off when playing GTA RP for immersion. She's so afraid to try and carry a stream with only her personality and nothing for the 12 year olds to look at. Eventually chat bullies her into turning it off but she seems pissed about it.

Also in regards to the above video, she really needs to stop with the hair buns whenever trying to go for a different look than normal. It looks awful.

Posted

some of the comments under her tweet promoting the palette video... lolUntitled.thumb.png.cb67e6be3f8b7e58e01a2

Posted

some of the comments under her tweet promoting the palette video... lolUntitled.thumb.png.cb67e6be3f8b7e58e01a2

BIG YIKES

Posted

gta hookers look better :happee:

Posted (edited)

holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... bahahahaa

DBt0.gif

Edited by Sarahx3
lol

Posted

so. you're telling me poki came out with makeup with colors she never wears herself? the palette has so much going on and poki never wears anything like that, its usually browns and natural tones. yet, she came out with a heavily saturated color scheme. the only time ive seen her with that much pigment is NOW, after the release. i'm lost :drool: