• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

6594 posts in this topic

Posted

The comments on the WinkyLux website "rating" her makeup are very telling. Her 12-year-old fanboys basically just told on themselves. If I was her, I would be embarassed; now everyone knows that a bunch of 12 year old boys bought her palettes. I guess the thought process in her mind was selling this palette to a bunch of 12 year old boys would work by telling them "you don't know what to buy for a female in your life? Well, now you do! Buy these makeup products, they'll LOVE them!" They're just little boys, they don't know the difference between Poki's makeup and real, adult makeup you can find at Sephora. 

Posted

She seriously couldn't think of merch that's more relevant to her? A body pillow or a mouse pad with tiddies as an arm rest is more up her alley.

Posted

her look in the video is... subpar. like the makeup looks chalky and blended rlly badly, and the colors just dont work idk why it looks so ashy to me. and that blush is... girl nah 

Posted (edited)

Holy fuck I thought fed did her makeup for that video, she looks as if she used Homers makeup gun lmao

Edited by Gmri

Posted

I'm super salty that despite having industry connections, she didn't think to make a palette inspired by game characters or games. She's trying to break into beauty guru territory when her turf is supposed to be "gamer".

She plays a lot of Lux, no?

I'm sure she could work out legal loopholes with Riot and make an elementalist Lux inspired palette or something. And since she's such a "cosplayer" she could use her cosplay and makeup to appeal her fans.

IDK I JUST THINK A LUX INSPIRED HIGHLIGHTER CALLED FINAL SPARK WOULD HAVE BEEN BOMB.

ugh. The packaging could have been so amazing.

not gonna lie, if it was a league-inspired makeup theme I might've actually considered purchasing one. Probably wouldn't use it bc I'm not sure if i trust the quality but yea that wouldve been sick af

Posted

Potentially doing it too obviously game inspired could cause copyright infringement issues with their respective owners, but yeah there's ways around that. Make puns, make references most people will get, etc. That would have been a good angle, I agree. 

Posted

Wow, haven't really followed the thread too closely and missed out on the initial posts re: Winky Lux x Poki. I'm just so surprised LOL.. I have a friend who works for Winky Lux and she gave me some free samples before as a gift, I thought the products were fine and everything was pretty pigmented and it was free. She told me that a lot of the IG girls that they have for shoots don't look like their photos (as everyone here already knows). She's not really into gaming at all so probably didn't know who Poki was, but I wonder if she met/interacted with her. Small world.

Posted

the like dislike ratio on those comments... are insane. 

i might have disliked the majority of them... not beacuase i'm rude and disrespectful or whatever. more because these """"reviews"""" has nothing to do with the makeup itself. so yeah, someone at winky lux should probably clean this up.

Posted

i honestly feel poki is superwoman of twitch, not really talented but got lucky and popular. has armies of idiots protecting her

Posted

The comments on the WinkyLux website "rating" her makeup are very telling. Her 12-year-old fanboys basically just told on themselves. If I was her, I would be embarassed; now everyone knows that a bunch of 12 year old boys bought her palettes. I guess the thought process in her mind was selling this palette to a bunch of 12 year old boys would work by telling them "you don't know what to buy for a female in your life? Well, now you do! Buy these makeup products, they'll LOVE them!" They're just little boys, they don't know the difference between Poki's makeup and real, adult makeup you can find at Sephora. 

Why spend your money on a random e-girl's palette when you can buy a colourpop palette for half the price and 10x the quality? Even a lot of drugstore palettes seem better than the swatches I've seen for this palette.

I don't even want to think about my 12 year old wanting me to spend my hard earned money on a shitty eyeshadow palette if it's not going to be of any use to them. Like if they really want to experiment with makeup, here's a $2 elf flawless eyeshadow.

Posted

why is she so touchy feely with fed in that video??? it makes me super uncomfortable she is so physically affectionate w someone who she friendzoned.... like leave the poor guy alone you evil thot

Posted

Its kinda funny how fed called her old in her recent video

she looks so different in this video. can't get over how the make up doesnt suit her at all. i feel bad for fed, he really doesn't look happy..

Posted (edited)

while i agree poki blurs the fuck out of her skin, and not to WK, there’s a photo of her looking far less photoshopped i honestly don’t see all these “wrinkles” ppl on this thread mention? or how her skin looks Old? she has visible nasolabial folds but that’s not necessarily wrinkling, that’s just how the fat on her face is. she looks her age to me, except for how the awful hair colour washes her out.

Edited by justbritt