• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

6596 posts in this topic

Posted

Ya'll, it ain't even been a year in the "making". Isn't this the same exact pallette she tried coming out before and it flopped? With the patchyy swatches? So she changed the name of some shadows and may have switched up a few colors but its definitely not "new" imo

Posted

Who the fuck is gonna buy that shit and actually use it??? The 5 girls that watch and don't dislike her? LOL Good luck trying to sell makeup to your 95% male audience. If her makeup wasn't actually basic and/or bad 99% of the time she does it herself, maybe I could understand why she wants to release some herself.

And let's not even get started of the most likely terrible quality... GIRL, if you wanna make a quick buck just auction your underwear like Shane Dawson tried to once lol

Posted (edited)

even all the people that commented on the makeup post were all guys mostly LMAOOOO

Edited by MilkMe

Posted

over a year in the making? not really impressed since it's a collaboration with an already established (??) brand. i had to double check beacause i didn't even think they put her name on the products; they did on the palette but not the lip balm...?

i've never heard of winky lux? is it well known? and is the quality of their makeup ok?

Posted (edited)

Holy shit just when I thought it was over she pulls me back in lmao... 

I. Don't. See. ANY. correlation between pokimane and make up. Nothing. Nada.

How the fuck does one come up with this idea? This collab? What does her manager have in her mind? Like.. I don't know if you should try getting into the highly competitive highly talented beauty community when you had to call and hire another mua to do your cringy pepe transformation smh..

Its just like the hot pocket sponsorship. I bet my ass that she actually finds them disgusting but she is so money driven that she happily takes the sponsor just like the winky lux collab because I personally don't see any other connection. 

Don't get me wrong. I get that everyone tries to hustle and make money and shit but for fucks sake at least have some kind of passion or love or interest in whatever you're making your money with, especially when you're in such a lucky position as pokimane is.

Sorry for the rant, and maybe I'm missing some key points so please enlighten me if so lol

Edited by Mondine

Posted

Don't get me wrong. I get that everyone tries to hustle and make money and shit but for fucks sake at least have some kind of passion or love or interest in whatever you're making your money with, especially when you're in such a lucky position as pokimane is.

Her passion is covering up that fakeness with makeup :happee:

Posted

OMG THAT MAKEUP PALETTE AAAAH LOLOLOL!! 

It looks like a cheap makeup palette you can get at Claire's or Justice LMFaO

Posted (edited)

I think she looks okay in the photos. But they could have definitely been edited better, because they’re kind of dull and the quality looks like jpeg images that has been saved one too many times. The photos in her tweet look much better than the washed out images on the website, but also her hair just looks so dry either way. 

I’m a little curious how involved she is with the palette though. I highly doubt she’s the sort of person who involved herself in every process in the creation of the products (swatching, design, appropriate formulations, etc.), like beauty youtubers who have collaborated with cosmetic brands.

The reviews that fans left on the product that they haven’t even received is cringe and ridiculous too. Those reviews are obviously not indicative of the quality of the product, but rather their obsession/fandom of Poki. 

Edited by Tanoshimi

Posted

This couldn't have been better scripted. Now we just need Manny MUA to do a YouTube review of her makeup, obviously trashing it. Then she can copyright strike it like he has done to people who called his reviews lies in the past. Circle will be completed.

Posted

Ya'll, it ain't even been a year in the "making". Isn't this the same exact pallette she tried coming out before and it flopped? With the patchyy swatches? So she changed the name of some shadows and may have switched up a few colors but its definitely not "new" imo

this is what i was thinking. SHE ALREADY HAD A PALLETE with shittylux.  no mention of that shit anywhere.  she literally made an entire episode about it on that dumb failure amazon show a year ago.  pretty sure it was released and people shit all over it.   i swear, her fans and leeches are about as sharp as a ball of socks.   goes to show that people literally dont give a fuck about anything she does, they blindly support her and i truly cannot figure out why.

oh well.  beauty products these days are shouted from the youtube rooftop.  we'll see how well this goes.  she'll put her name on anything. i dont doubt its just a fake and useless as she is.

Posted

i don’t get why she released a palette when most of her audience is male

and wasn’t she the same girl who kept posting about the no make-up look? 

i think she she should have released a head set tbh that would’ve been way cooler

Posted

even all the people that commented on the makeup post were all guys mostly LMAOOOO

lmao, what are they gonna do buy it for their little sister, cuz we know that most of her guy audience(besides the 12 year olds) are probably neck beard WK virgins. And i mean most girls that know about make up probably would want brand named not a pokis shitty ass make up.

Posted

lmao, what are they gonna do buy it for their little sister, cuz we know that most of her guy audience(besides the 12 year olds) are probably neck beard WK virgins. And i mean most girls that know about make up probably would want brand named not a pokis shitty ass make up.

probably going to smear poki's glittery ass flaky ass eyeshadow over their dick

ok im mean ill stop

Posted (edited)

LOL Good luck trying to sell makeup to your 95% male audience. 

This is so true, Kylie Jenner and all those makeup guys have like a completely flipped fanbase compared to Poki. Poki has 95% male audience, the other makeup people have 95-99% female audience. 1 year in the making my ass, more like 1 day in the making. Either way, she's probably gonna make money off it tho.

Edited by worthless

Posted

guyss  im deadass dying

i went onto her stream for a second to check it out

and someone donated to her saying something along the lines of "i never knew you had a big nose... " but he said something nice after so w/e

and SHE WAS LIKE oh yeah i do indeed have a middle eastern nose... im not gonna lie though i kind of like it

like oh my god lmaoooooooooooo i dont wanna be mean about something trivial as appearances but she literally purposely hides her nose in every picture lol