• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

6511 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ab96e6c3-040d-4e5f-99d9-2595e36e03ee.png

0fa95fd8-203c-4208-9415-c8f561e53b1e.png

Her skin is just so unfortunate.

She tweeted her skincare routine in response to someone asking her what it was (she's since deleted it or I just can't find it) and it included the St. Ives Apricot Scrub 3x a week. I don't know how long she's used it that often, but it's not good for your skin longterm.

E: Found it.

Disclaimer: Don't follow this skincare routine.

https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1054821110594686976

Edited by Kim Kim

Posted

Her skin is just so unfortunate.

She tweeted her skincare routine in response to someone asking her what it was (she's since deleted it or I just can't find it) and it included the St. Ives Apricot Scrub 3x a week. I don't know how long she's used it that often, but it's not good for your skin longterm.

E: Found it.

Disclaimer: Don't follow this skincare routine.

https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1054821110594686976

Oh boy, the St. Ives scrubs are so bad. I know you're reading this Poki please change it

What really shocks me tho is that people actually want her skincare routine.... like what

Posted

Oh boy, the St. Ives scrubs are so bad. I know you're reading this Poki please change it

What really shocks me tho is that people actually want her skincare routine.... like what

yeah bcuz people think no acne = great skin

but skin is more than just acne... LOL girl legit looks old as fuck at 22 yrs old

Posted

this is just minor nitpicking tbh but i hate how she goes "THIS WAS EXPENSIVE BUT IT WAS A GIFT" "this was expensive but it was just a one time splurge"

pokimane, everyone knows that you're rich af now. stop pretending that you don't like buying expensive shit. we've seen your shoes, we've seen your bags, we've seen your room. stop trying to idk.. seem humble? bait donos by hinting that u cant 'afford' this stuff? like dude, you make thousands a day even when you're not streaming. 

goes to prove even more she's like "im not like the typical girl uwu" like girls who pretend they dont like bags, makeup, etc, she just likes GAMING AND FOOD

god get over yourself lmao

Posted

this is just minor nitpicking tbh but i hate how she goes "THIS WAS EXPENSIVE BUT IT WAS A GIFT" "this was expensive but it was just a one time splurge"

pokimane, everyone knows that you're rich af now. stop pretending that you don't like buying expensive shit. we've seen your shoes, we've seen your bags, we've seen your room. stop trying to idk.. seem humble? bait donos by hinting that u cant 'afford' this stuff? like dude, you make thousands a day even when you're not streaming. 

goes to prove even more she's like "im not like the typical girl uwu" like girls who pretend they dont like bags, makeup, etc, she just likes GAMING AND FOOD

yeah i used to have that phase where i didn't want to get into makeup or bags bcuz i was a tomboy but lowkey was interested in being girly girl sometimes

now I realize, nah fuck that, deep down I want to do whatever I want

girl legit makes a lot of money so idk why she needs to act like it's a bad thing to buy certain things lol..

people are going to judge anyway so might aswell 

Posted

slightly OT but is anyone else confused as to why she doesn't just get a nose job? there's nothing wrong with her nose shape - i have quite a similar one - but since she shoops and seems to really dislike her nose profile, why doesn't she just get a nose job? i'm sure she can afford it. maybe she's scared of surgery like khloe kardashian?

I think plastic surgery for someone in the public eye in general opens a can of worms. But with Poki she'd get called out about trying to preach self-love while altering what she looks like 

Posted

yeah i used to have that phase where i didn't want to get into makeup or bags bcuz i was a tomboy but lowkey was interested in being girly girl sometimes

now I realize, nah fuck that, deep down I want to do whatever I want

girl legit makes a lot of money so idk why she needs to act like it's a bad thing to buy certain things lol..

people are going to judge anyway so might aswell 

It's sad that this shows how much she panders towards her audience. She tries to act like that because her fans think that she's "not like other girls, I only love food and video games UwU" Once they realize that she splurge on makeup and bags, her fans will most likely loose the fantasy girl that they always dream of. 

Plus who the hell gift somebody else a bunch of specific skincare products lmaooaoaoaoaoao

Posted (edited)

lol yeah like girl you wore your alexander wang top on ur insta in the open; im lucky enough to be able to afford luxury brand shit too (obvi this didn't translate well to some so what i meant was that before, i humble bragged a lot because i could afford rich shit and flex and i didn't know how to address it when i was a teen. similar case for a few ppl ik who want to flex but don't know how to flex that wealth without seeming like a bitch so they just humble brag like crazy. now i learned that owning up to it is better than pretending), but i own up to having money and i just dont talk about it unless someone asks. in her case shes humble bragging and tbh i dont necessary fault her; if u didnt come from a rich background to begin with and suddenly find success/become rich some people don't know how to address that? if that's the right word. not trying to defend her because i dont doubt that shes saying all that to continue getting massive donos, i just think that she also doesn't actually know how to talk about her massive wealth without seeming like a shallow bitch to her stream (i've had problems with this initially when i was a teen, but then that brings the question of pokimane's maturity ig) 

tbh i wish she'd just own up to her interests. like gaming and food is so one dimensional and she definitely likes other things (makeup/bags), show us a bit of that. interest in fashion or whatever; a lot of people would actually find her relatable and not a cardboard cutout. 

Edited by lissandra

Posted

Holy shit her skin.... How does that even happen? Well, anyways, in addition to the collagen moisturizers, you guys should most definitely wear sunscreen everyday. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is a good one especially if you have oily skin or combination skin like mine. Not too sure about dry skin as some reviews say it's slightly drying and others say it isn't. 

tbh i wish she'd just own up to her interests. like gaming and food is so one dimensional and she definitely likes other things (makeup/bags), show us a bit of that. interest in fashion or whatever; a lot of people would actually find her relatable and not a cardboard cutout. 

I've seen a shit ton of people (mostly salty men) complain when a female streamer/gamer starts posting about makeup and fashion, sadly, so not sure if it would work. Doesn't mean she shouldn't though if she really wanted to because then she'd have content that she actually enjoys making. To make herself relatable, I would suggest she actually talk more about maybe some difficult times she experienced, what she learned from them, whatnot. Because she creates this illusion of having the perfect life and having everything which is why I personally am so put off by her. But who knows, maybe she was very spoilt throughout her life and lacks enough of those experiences which would explain why she doesn't know how to take accountability for her actions and gets her white knights to shield her from all criticisms the way a child hides behind its mother's legs.

That and honestly, I also think her taste in fashion plain sucks. She gets the cutest shirts/skirts/pants and puts them together to look basic as shit. I go on her instagram and I see not one outfit that makes me go "that's hella cute". That's just personal taste though

Posted

That and honestly, I also think her taste in fashion plain sucks. She gets the cutest shirts/skirts/pants and puts them together to look basic as shit. I go on her instagram and I see not one outfit that makes me go "that's hella cute". That's just personal taste though

yeah her taste in combining outfits sucks when it comes to fashion. 

I don't feel bad for saying that because she does own cute shit, but her combination sucks.. she adds things that don't belong there.

Posted

Her skin makes my skin hurt lol. Girl needs to go to Lush or something, she's got the money to hahahhaha.

She probably doesn't want to do surgery after seeing all the shit Lily got for getting her jaw surgery. Cuz idk if she could lie about getting a nose job for "muh health" 

Posted

I don't want to get shit for saying this but I feel like she should just lay off the caked up makeup and let her skin rest

People who have great skin don't really use a lot of products from what I have seen so far

Posted

I don't want to get shit for saying this but I feel like she should just lay off the caked up makeup and let her skin rest

People who have great skin don't really use a lot of products from what I have seen so far

well considering she apparently uses that St. Ives scrub THREE TIMES A WEEK (seriously wtf Poki?) I think her skin needs major relief in general.

Hopefully she's changed up her regimen since then because that stuff is so harsh on your face, even says that it exposes your skin to more sun damage, and does fuck all for removing dirt

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure if anyone remembers this, but someone asked her on twitter what her skincare routine was to achieve the skin she had in her “no makeup” photos. And she replied with a note image of her routine which included a variation of drugstore and high end (ex. SK II, but of course it’s expensive and it was a gift!!). The one thing that bothered me the most is that it included st. Ives apricot scrub, which is known to age skin due to the lesions caused by the apricot pits.

So that’s probably why her skin looks like it’s aging when she’s still so young. It really doesn’t even take being rich to afford a decent skincare routine, and she could really just buy any other exfoliant that won’t age the crap out of her skin. Or she could just use her money to get weekly skin care treatments. 

Edit: just looked back a page and noticed someone said the same thing LOL. If she cared about beauty and fashion as much as she acts like she does, she should know this by now. 

Edited by Tanoshimi

Posted (edited)

OT but do people actually think like this? Is it really that noble?

Edited by Lovelace123