• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

8538 posts in this topic

Posted

9) Wholesome uwu ugu social media posts; but is regarded as a bitch by a lot of people.

A lot of good points your original post, just wanted to add to the wholesome thing. I really don't understand how anyone could possibly still label her with that term. She is anything but. She might not be the worst person in the world, but she is far from being wholesome. 

I was thinking more like suggesting activities for her stream like; Subs for Strikes, Whack-A-Fed, Chat Instagram Roulette, or Guess My Real Face.

I think you're probably overestimating the loss of fans. She's getting as many viewers as ever. I just think that people who were previously skeptical of her behavior now have no doubt.

LOL @ the first part 

As for the second part, you're right, she has just as many viewers, but I think like half of her viewers are just watching waiting for her downfall / to watch her unravel. 

Maybe white-washing is the wrong term here, but she's definitely editing her skin tone to look paler than it is and editing her Moroccan features (nose mainly) out.

Pls can we put this topic to rest it's been mentined to death

I understand where you're coming from here, and I know it has been discussed a ton here, but something else I've noticed - and haven't seen mentioned here - is that a lot of apps like snapchat, beautycam, and most of the "selfie"/"beauty" apps I've seen, all seem to lighten your pictures.. like automatically. It's like they have some kind of lightening effect built in automatically. Just saying I've noticed it myself when trying to take a photo. It actually aggravates me because I'm not trying to look like a pale ghost lol, so I'm always trying to figure out a way to darken my photos. Not at all saying she doesn't intentionally edit her photos because we all know she edits, filters, shops her pics to make herself look better. Just saying as far as skin tone goes, the apps MAY play a part in that / make the issue worse. 

Posted

What is it Poki either your trying to be wholesome or are you just "UwU look at my outfit, but don't call me thicc tho" 

Posted

alright so i've been reading this thread for like the past 6 months and it's only validated my hate for pokimane. i have a very good friend and the only thing i cant stand about him is that he really likes her. not like sub+donate obsessed white knight level kind of like, but he thinks she's hot, enjoys her YT content because something about her interactions with other people is fun to watch?? idk i've never seen a single one of her videos. and he believes she's diamond level because she streamed herself solo queueing. of course all of us here know she's a leeching, clout chasing, lying, hypocritical to the max, gross person in general, but can i get an unbiased tldr of this thread for the next time he tries defending her? :alpacafedup:

He has to be gold elo or lower. Please confirm this? She is not diamond just because she streamed herself playing solo q, for what, like 2 games? 3? I guarentee he hasn't seen her play 5+ ranked games in solo q on stream. If you're diamond, you should be able to hard carry your team, as a mid main. Her average kda on her 2 mid champs is like 2 kills on Lissandra and 4 kills on Lux... sorry, but that is not diamond level mid main kda numbers. 

Posted

(beating dead horse) 

understand where you're coming from here, and I know it has been discussed a ton here, but something else I've noticed - and haven't seen mentioned here - is that a lot of apps like snapchat, beautycam, and most of the "selfie"/"beauty" apps I've seen, all seem to lighten your pictures.. like automatically. It's like they have some kind of lightening effect built in automatically. Just saying I've noticed it myself when trying to take a photo. It actually aggravates me because I'm not trying to look like a pale ghost lol, so I'm always trying to figure out a way to darken my photos. Not at all saying she doesn't intentionally edit her photos because we all know she edits, filters, shops her pics to make herself look better. Just saying as far as skin tone goes, the apps MAY play a part in that / make the issue worse. 

I'm pretty sure almost all beauty/selfie apps have an option to have a less whitening filter. Even SNOW, which is notorious for white washing, has an option to remove a white washing filter or have less white washing ones. She chooses to use a whitening filter and as you said, also edits her photos to make herself look better. 

Posted (edited)

A lot of good points your original post, just wanted to add to the wholesome thing. I really don't understand how anyone could possibly still label her with that term. She is anything but. She might not be the worst person in the world, but she is far from being wholesome. 

LOL @ the first part 

As for the second part, you're right, she has just as many viewers, but I think like half of her viewers are just watching waiting for her downfall / to watch her unravel. 

I understand where you're coming from here, and I know it has been discussed a ton here, but something else I've noticed - and haven't seen mentioned here - is that a lot of apps like snapchat, beautycam, and most of the "selfie"/"beauty" apps I've seen, all seem to lighten -

indeed but you can adjust that in settings it’s a very simple app! i too am a hypocrite and sometimes use snow for fun

Edited by Piyoko

Posted (edited)

https://old.reddit.com/r/offlineTV/comments/am6su1/pokis_gonna_be_a_guest_on_rajjpatels_podcast/

Yikes she's going on the rajjpatel Podcast tomorrow, the chat get's to vote who to kick off the podcast...would be funny if she's the first to get voted off xD

If most of her fans aren't watching, then she'll get voted off quickly because most of Rajj's viewers dislike females. I'm more curious about how she's gonna handle the new popular guy Jon Zherka. She might cry.

Edited by Lovelace123

Posted

https://old.reddit.com/r/offlineTV/comments/am6su1/pokis_gonna_be_a_guest_on_rajjpatels_podcast/

Yikes she's going on the rajjpatel Podcast tomorrow, the chat get's to vote who to kick off the podcast...would be funny if she's the first to get voted off xD

oo bold move.  i disagree that his viewers hate females. i think they just dislike the titty thots that go on there for clout.  raj stays steady at 30k viewers, girls with no talent, no personality and zero content go on there because historically, it has given people at least 200 viewer boost.  since most girls dont really grow unless they're actually special or sell out,  its wise to go on there for exposure.  there's been plenty of cool females on there who dont get booted and who the chat really seems to like.  they're just not buying it from half of  them cause they shouldnt.  also, lets be real,  anyone that goes on that show is just an object anyway.   my prediction is that people will either be suck ups and she'll skate by on that or the total opposite.  also uhhh the pictures of her in the school girl outfit is SO FUCKING DIFFERENT than pictures she takes of herself.   it amazes me that even let that be posted on her socials. 

Posted

If most of her fans aren't watching, then she'll get voted off quickly because most of Rajj's viewers dislike females. I'm more curious about how she's gonna handle the new popular guy Jon Zherka. She might cry.

No idea what this is. Could I get an outline of what goes on?

Posted (edited)

On weekdays, Rajj does dating shows. On Saturdays, he does a podcast with like 10-12 streamers and they just talk about a bunch of random subjects, including politics ugh. Everybody just yells over everyone and there's never a quiet moment. After each round, chat gets to vote for who they want to keep in the podcast. Whichever streamer gets the most votes will kick out one of the 2 people with the least votes. When there's only 2 streamers left in the end, chat will get to vote for the official winner. When it comes to how Poki will do it's gonna depend on how many of her viewers are gonna watch through the whole thing. I don't know how well she does on debates so I can't tell how much talking she's gonna do. All I know is that Destiny is gonna be kissing her ass a lot. Then we have the content gods like Slicker and Zherka who gets the most love from Rajj's chat because they are loud and funny. Then we have the other twitch thots who are just there to look pretty and make one comment here and there because there's usually only one female streamer who will try to argue properly. Then we have the sjw HasanAbi who goes extra deep on politics and white knights all females in every situation which is why Rajj's chat hates him. Sometimes there's Greekgod, Sodapoppin, Mitch Jones, and other guys I don't know who show up sometimes.

Edited by Lovelace123

Posted

he also does a lot of "dating" style shows called king of the hill or some shit.  this is mostly what i was referring to as its trash and my fav thing on twitch right now.  i thought for a minute poki was gonna be on that lol.

Posted

"Does she really want to be accepted by LSF that bad"

seriously. if poki actually wants to repair her image she should be pumping the brakes and just lay low instead of doing all this extra stuff to appease lsf. they don't have her back lol

Posted

I am always wondering when people talk about Pokimane "trying to be white" or something. She is from Morocco, she is Caucasian. Culturally she might be like a Middle-eastern, but how do some of you imagine a morroccan person is looking like? North Africans are also related to Europeans, sometimes more than (sub-Saharan) african.

No. Google population demographics of Morroco; 99% of the native population is Arab-Berber, just because there were European colonials doesn't mean that the people there are white. That's like saying Brazilians are basically white, because they had Portuguese colonizers in their gene pool 5 generations back.

There are no Sub-Saharan Africans left, because Arabs (like most of the world) are extremely racists towards blacks.

Maybe white-washing is the wrong term here, but she's definitely editing her skin tone to look paler than it is and editing her Moroccan features (nose mainly) out.

Pls can we put this topic to rest it's been mentined to death

But it is white-washing though? No body is without sin when it comes to filtering out blemishes or trying to make your skin tone more even.

Poki is not just "lightening her skin", she tortures her own hair because her natural curls and texture of her hair is very Afrocentric. She changes the shape of her nose, though it is a prominent feature in those of Arab descent. I could go on, but I think this issue is getting boring to discuss. This on top of her behaviors to conceal how she is muslim.

Poki_saggy..thumb.PNG.d5f7827152f8688e60

How anyone thinks those photoshopped pictures are real is beyond me....