• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

8658 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You guys may or may not have seen this but I thought I'd share 

The video is 10min so heres the shorted version.

Baiscally this guy made a video about the keemstar and poki drama and his video got about 800k views, but got taken down/copyright striked by omnimedia which is associated with pokis yt. In his original keemstar vs poki video he only showed pokis twitter video response to keem and a few Screenshots of her tweets and nothing more. He didn't use any material from her yt content so he believes that poki knowingly told omnimedia so strike them, despite not having used any yt content of hers. 

I dunno how exactly copyright striking works but it seems to be quite easy and yt doesn't seem to handle it very well but does it actually have to be yt content to be striked or just a famous person's "appearance"? 

I genuinely don't know.

Also I think he kinda misses the point in why poki has striked him in the first place.he claims because she didn't want him to be successful which seems kinda stupid to me. I think its to safe her image and in the comments some people feel the same.. 

I just like to hear your thoughts on this

PS: the comment section is great

He also posted a follow up video for more context just FYI if anyone wants to watch https://youtu.be/tGKMsFrSMYw 

Edited by Mondine
Typo

Posted

The fact she says the n word so casually and black streamers/pros like Aphro/Sky Williams are actually okay with it (don't bat an eye, the former proceeds to boost her) just boggles my mind...

Posted (edited)

Btw, so a lot of you guys say that Pokimane was never good at LoL, and I was talking to someone about it and they linked me this: https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/843632141238001664 how do you respond to that? If that is legit then that's arguably pretty impressive? She has also played vs Faker before (when he was on a riot acc, which tend to be D3+ mmr), I'm not sure if he had some games where he played vs D5 and D4's tho.

I know she has been boosted for the entirety of her LoL career which helped her improve really fast, both via getting coached as well as playing vs better competition, not having to do the extremely slow grind all by yourself. I also know she was boosted pretty hardcore MMR wise by Moe(Yassuo), who contrary to popular belief is one of the top NA challengers ( a lot of people tend to think he's high masters, low 300lp chall NA player, but he pretty much got challenger Korea and he's rank 5 on NA atm. This is probably how she got D2? Got MMR boosted by him, I think the time-frame lines up, but not sure. But despite that, assuming her tweet is true, I think it's still pretty impressive she was able to win promos and whatnot while playing solo.

But does this justify her viewership? I think for female LoL streamers, there's a threshold for how good you need to be to get viewers, it's probably in the top 1% or so. Nobody is gonna watch if you're disgustingly bad at the game, but if you're top 1%, then I could see you getting viewers. (Since the gameplay is mainly the background of your stream, you need it to be somewhat intellectually stimulating and have some few good plays to make it watchable.) I also think that the higher elo you get, the more viewers you get. Just look at people like TFBlade etc, he's been exploding on twitch since he became rank1, and qtpie has been declining insanely hard. I personally think qtpie's decline is due to his rank decline. When he was getting 30k viewers he was top5 in NA, now that he's hovering around d1-masters, he's getting 10-15k viewers, this just shows how important skill is to get viewers in the league section. I think Poki could have pretty insane viewership without the leeching and "recent explosion in viewership" if she got masters / challenger, she'd probably be a 6-14k viewers streamer or so, assuming she was a 1-2k streamer when she was plat-d5, ~3-4k streamer when she was d3, etc, since viewers grows proportionally to rank.

tbh I agree with you to an extent, but she just can't do it. She's been hardstuck low diamond for years. If she were to get challenger + look the way she does (which is fake btw) I'm sure she would get tons more viewers, but the majority of Twitch really doesn't watch females for their gameplay. =/ Plus... at the end of the day, she didn't take that route. She chose to leech and lie and deceive. So that really speaks volumes for her character.

Edited by dragonette

Posted

As far as the whole Muslim thing goes: during the pepe transformation stream, she facetimed her parents and showed them to the camera and her mother wasn't wearing a hijab. She also mentions "god" quite a bit like "thank god" type phrases, etc. I've always thought she was Muslim as well, up until recently when she showed her mother on stream. They could quite possibly still be Muslim, but it's kind of weird to me that she would show a bunch of males her mother without the hijab? I could be wrong, but just thought it was odd. 

About her playing League, it would be a good idea to move on to another game since she hasn't improved at Fortnite AT ALL lmao. I remember when she first started playing Fortnite she would go on and on about how all of her friends were better than her ONLY because they had been playing for ~*so much longer!*~ and she had only been playing for 2 months!!111 Can't use that excuse anymore LOL. 

When she played League she seemed so lost. Like yes the meta has changed but she was asking Aphromoo if she should buy a blasting wand or lost chapter first??? If you were really in Diamond, why the fuck would you need to ask this just because you haven't played in a while?? Even Aphromoo was like "You're really Diamond 4 mmr?" in a very skeptical tone and you could tell he was getting really annoyed by how shit she was playing. He also seemed kind of bothered when she kept trying to make him say that she was the best Lux in the house. Like he didn't want to put the other housemates down and he seemed kind of bothered that she was so eager to do so. 

You guys may or may not have seen this but I thought I'd share 

The video is 10min so heres the shorted version.

Baiscally this guy made a video about the keemstar and poki drama and his video got about 800k views, but got taken down/copyright striked by omnimedia which is associated with pokis yt. In his original keemstar vs poki video he only showed pokis twitter video response to keem and a few Screenshots of her tweets and nothing more. He didn't use any material from her yt content so he believes that poki knowingly told omnimedia so strike them, despite not having used any yt content of hers. 

I dunno how exactly copyright striking works but it seems to be quite easy and yt doesn't seem to handle it very well but does it actually have to be yt content to be striked or just a famous person's "appearance"? 

I genuinely don't know.

Also I think he kinda misses the point in why poki has striked him in the first place.he claims because she didn't want him to be successful which seems kinda stupid to me. I think its to safe her image and in the comments some people feel the same.. 

I just like to hear your thoughts on this

PS: the comment section is great

He also posted a follow up video for more context just FYI if anyone wants to watch https://youtu.be/tGKMsFrSMYw 

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this. She's doing it to cover up. She doesn't want to bring any attention to the way she acted because she wants people to continue seeing her in the ~*uwu wholesome innocent gamer girl*~ light. 

When she posted that on Twitter about needing someone for help, I love how someone called her out saying "you literally live with Scarra" LOL. Tbh I don't think they're "friends" at all. She doesn't give a shit about him, he got her into the OTV house and probably regrets it now, the only positive thing she brings to the house is clout, and the rest of the house seems more genuine and has a moral compass, it's only Poki who puts clout over relationships/friendships/anything sentimental. And she doesn't give a shit about Scarra, never has, used him as a stepping stone a long time ago and doesn't have anything to take from him anymore, that's why you rarely ever see her talking to him or interacting with him. I bet they never even talk to each other despite living in the same house, and they are definitely not friends lol. 

Posted

hijab is a choice to wear though, & not all muslim women wear them all the time (unless it's to the mosque or other things).a lot of my coworkers are muslims (though from pakistan and not Morocco) and they don't wear them though they're faithful enough to even fast. :alpacaconfused: her mom could be a muslim that just doesn't wear it? 

Posted

Looks like Nadeshot is her next victim for her to get her claws into.....not surprised as he has mad clout atm with drake being co owner of his clothing company. This was at 100T house btw

6ae048468b7402f5e4ce6a4a1cbcd329.png

Posted (edited)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348759483?t=06h28m42s This was very interesting u can see fed chk his phone around midnight for a msg from poki (she was going to bed ) then tries to end stream 30secs later

says he needs 5 mins to go to bathroom and chill then clearly goes to poki's room where u can hear her giggling and his face at the end when he gets back is priceless lol

Edited by Gamerbrat

Posted

Looks like Nadeshot is her next victim for her to get her claws into.....not surprised as he has mad clout atm with drake being co owner of his clothing company. This was at 100T house btw

6ae048468b7402f5e4ce6a4a1cbcd329.png

she’s a big drake fan I would blame her for being with nadeshot

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348759483?t=06h28m42s This was very interesting u can see fed chk his phone for a msg from poki i assume then tries to end stream 30secs later i assume msg was from poki

says he needs 5 mins to go to bathroom and chill then clearly goes to poki's room where u can hear her giggling and his face at the end when he gets back is priceless lol

Chief... WTF is this

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348759483?t=06h28m42s This was very interesting u can see fed chk his phone around midnight for a msg from poki (she was going to bed ) then tries to end stream 30secs later

Okay Foki fan.

Posted (edited)

i have a memory of someone asking if she really is muslim so here so here is my contribution lol. She has a bookmark on her computer with pray times why would she have that if she wasnt a muslim?  

pokiee.png

Edited by gooddudeforsure
i cant type lol

Posted

i have a memory of someone asking if she really is muslim so here so here is my contribution lol. She has a bookmark on her computer with pray times why would she have that if she wasnt a muslim?  

pokiee.png

She is a Muslim. Her older brother’s name is Mohammed Anys. 

Posted

She is a Muslim. Her older brother’s name is Mohammed Anys. 

I know, just telling people who are ignorant or does not know =)