• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

9112 posts in this topic

Posted

My problem here is that y'all constantly say pokimane should uplift and be a good role model for girls in the online and twitch community but constantly compare her to other female streamers. Every valid point brought up is just buried under complete hate and petty comments towards her. I get this a drama forum but im not one for hypocrisy.

ok

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bbe167c616d366b36

Posted

My problem here is that y'all constantly say pokimane should uplift and be a good role model for girls in the online and twitch community but constantly compare her to other female streamers. Every valid point brought up is just buried under complete hate and petty comments towards her. I get this a drama forum but im not one for hypocrisy.

what valid points are getting buried?  On this particular page you posted, one person is even complimenting the way she runs her podcasts and talking about how she could take her stream to the next level.  I don’t think anyone has been particularly hypocritical.  If you’re going to post things of this nature, at least back it up with some context of what you are referring to.

Posted

Poki just dropped her new merch... Is no one going to point out that her merch looks to be "inspired" (cough cough) by Off-White?

Posted

Poki just dropped her new merch... Is no one going to point out that her merch looks to be "inspired" (cough cough) by Off-White?

I honestly had to look it up to see what you meant, but yeaaaaaah.  It is very similar.  I do think that red hoodie is cute though.

5003DF38-AD86-4D5D-ACDE-4F0595479322.png

Posted

I'm sorry, but what the hell... 

Cant wait for them to sue her.

thoty.png

I don't even understand why she would make this her merch?  Welp, can't wait to watch this unfold.....

Posted

It could pass as a dupe as off-White is expensive, but her name being plastered everywhere ruins it for me lol 

Posted

thoty.png

Aren't Pokis viewers like 90% 12 year olds? imagine them walking into school w/ a tshitrt that has a glock on it lmaooooooo! role model btw.

Posted (edited)

thoty.png

She will be getting a cease and decist letter from FN Herstal soon for trademark violation. She can get away with the Mac-10 since the manufacturer is no longer around.

Edited by justiceL

Posted (edited)

Aren't Pokis viewers like 90% 12 year olds? imagine them walking into school w/ a tshitrt that has a glock on it lmaooooooo! role model btw.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.  

i probably should have elaborated on the hypocrisy part a little more. I think that it majority of users on this forum hold people like pokimane to high moral standard, where she has to support everyone, not be bitchy and essentially be a angel in the twitch community while the users who comment on her doing are being really negative towards her and are quick to judge, bitch and hate on her for some of the pettiest reasons I've seen(like how she does her make up or sponsorships jeeees guys chill). This wasn't in relation to streamers using this forum? Woosh :^) 

sorry if you people with a different opinion as finger pointing. I can't help you with that .

Okay the top part was on relation to stickfigurines post formatting was weird

I understand where you are coming from, but she is held to that standard because she is so big.  When you are a role model for over 2 million people, you should be held to a higher standard.  I get that some users comment on things that are more nit picky, but in terms of makeup, people speak on the quality of her makeup because she has stated she is interested in being the CEO of her own makeup company.  When you make goals like that, you have to be prepared for some kind of criticism, you know?

Edited by stickfigurine
Grammar

Posted (edited)

i probably should have elaborated on the hypocrisy part a little more. I think that it majority of users on this forum hold people like pokimane to high moral standard, where she has to support everyone, not be bitchy and essentially be a angel in the twitch community while the users who comment on her doing are being really negative towards her and are quick to judge, bitch and hate on her for some of the pettiest reasons I've seen(like how she does her make up or sponsorships jeeees guys chill). This wasn't in relation to streamers using this forum? Woosh :^) 

sorry if you people with a different opinion as finger pointing. I can't help you with that .

If I want to comment on her makeup I can, that's the thing about a gossip forum like it's all fair game since her looks area huge part of her brand not to mention the makeup collab she did.
Edited by TiraMissU
spoiler for ot

Posted

I used streamers as hypothetical example of the definition. Whoosh.

Posted (edited)

her merch is the forever 21 version of Off White. I hope they sue the “sweetheart”/the female face/ the “best content creator” of twitch. lmao.

Edited by ndiy

Posted (edited)

her merch is the forever 21 version of Off White. I hope they sue the “sweetheart”/the female face/ the “best content creator” of twitch. lmao.

They wouldn't win any civil case against them, since it lacks a label.

This Vox video goes in more depth.

Edited by Evolxtions
Source

Posted

I don’t see the issue with disagreeing with someone here though, I think there’s a fine line between straight up hate just to hate and constructive feedback. 

I agree that certain things (like I said before) about her makeup need to change but like, she looks way better with it on so it’s not like she’s completely clueless and ugly. 

I do think she’s tripping with releasing a makeup palette though, she’s trying so hard to milk her money.