• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Opinions on Shipping/OTPs?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im fine with people shipping fictional characters as well as real life people. That applies to me as well; i think it's no harm done because it's a past time that many fangirls and boys enjoy. I don't really care if somebody's reason for shipping a couple is superficial or deep, just as long as they don't force these ships down other people's throat including the real life people who may be involved in the ship. 

Edited by Gallicanae

Posted

Im fine with people shipping fictional characters as well as real life people. That applies to me as well; i think it's no harm done because it's a past time that many fangirls and boys enjoy. I don't really care if somebody's reason for shipping a couple is superficial or deep, just as long as they don't force these ships down other people's throat including the real life people who may be involved in the ship. 

I feel the same way. I ship both fictional and real life but I don't force it on others nor do I scream it at the real people. I mean I was a big YunJae fan back when DBSK was 5 members, and still kind of am. But I don't like force people to ship my way and I keep it mostly private. I mean a lot of the ships I enjoy I also have enjoyed fan groups for them and they are pretty private as well. Unless you are a fan of the ship you won't know these groups exist for the most part. 

Posted

I feel the same way. I ship both fictional and real life but I don't force it on others nor do I scream it at the real people. I mean I was a big YunJae fan back when DBSK was 5 members, and still kind of am. But I don't like force people to ship my way and I keep it mostly private. I mean a lot of the ships I enjoy I also have enjoyed fan groups for them and they are pretty private as well. Unless you are a fan of the ship you won't know these groups exist for the most part. 

HIGH FIVE BROTHER--

i just honestly dont get the hate that other people get for shipping something for fun, or simply just for shipping real life people when they arent doing anything bad to the people around them. Sure, the celebrities themselves may get uncomfortable with the thought that people are shipping them with another real life person but they aren't completely banning any kind of fictional work involving them so why are people so adamant about policing ships?? As for fictional ships, it's kind if elitist if you think that you need to have a deep reason for shipping a couple. 

Posted

Shipping seems to be like 99% fetishisation of gay pairs and it creeps me out. For literally  e v e r y  person I've known that was into shipping, it wasn't about which characters would suit being together the most. It was which same gendered characters would be together. It ALWAYS had to be gay to fulfill their own weird fetish of it. And they would deny it being about some kind of fetish/fixation, even though it clearly was...
(Out of all these people there would be like 1 actual gay person)

Posted

when i was like a tween, i thought it was ok to ship band members and shit but then i grew up and started wondering how awkward and nasty it would be to have people ship me with my friends. fictional shit is ok but real people is nasty, no, namj00n oppa isn't plowing jiminnie 0ppa, you nasties.