Best cosplay stores online?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Bah, peeps got any good online stores to share with high quality wigs and cosplay? 

Thanks in advance! 

Posted

Bodyline do some very cheap cosplays and they are from Japan! 

Posted

Bodyline do some very cheap cosplays and they are from Japan! 

they arent high quality tho. But if you want cheap cosplays they are good. 

Posted

I've ordered several costumes from a website called Miccostumes. They're not the BEST quality (for example they do use hot glue for some costume details, my princess peach crown has hot glued gems.. but lets face it, i'd probs do it the same way), but they do give you a good bang for your buck. They're super comfy cosplays (I own their grell, peach, and chat noir) and have a good price point.

I also ordered a wig from them for Grell. It's stupid thicc and soft.

Posted

If you know a someone who knows chinese and knows a bit how to navigate Taobao, find the popular Chinese like cosplayer/atelier made ones. I got myself costumes for the duo Yuu/Mika from Owari no Seraph for like 70-80USD and they were the nicest looking costume at the event I went to by MILES. 

But its really a mix of costume/wig/makeup/acting that makes the cosplay look nice. This girl I know spends hundreds on her costumes that she orders from our neighbouring country but every time I see her at an event, she makes the whole ensemble look cheap.

Posted

Miccostumes, Rolecosplay, UWOWO.

Miccostumes: I've ordered their Weiss Schnee cosplay and it was pretty amazing. I don't have it anymore because I gave it to a friend, though. The quality was super good and the dress was poofy! :alpacalove:

Rolecosplay: I recently got a Kaho Hinata cosplay wig from them and it was super good quality. It doesn't tangle easily and it's not shiny. :alpacawink:

UWOWO: Haven't ordered from them personally but a close friend has and the fabric was really nice for the price. :alpacacrush:

Posted

Someone already said it, but Rolecos and Uwowo, I've ordered from cosplays from these two on TaoBao and AliExpress before and the quality is so good, it feels pretty high quality too, and usually not too thin/see through (unless that's what you want).

For wigs, the seller HSIU on Aliexpress is pretty good, the few wigs that I've bought were thick enough so that you can't see the base of the wefts or the wig cap. 

Posted

More information like a budget would probably be good because higher quality cosplay stuff that aren't cheap eBay ones can be pretty expensive. I'll assume you have no budget for the sake of this post.

Lucaille Wig is generally considered to be one of the best brands for wigs while also staying affordable judging from the massive amount of reviews online for them, but I have no experience so take what you will from this. On the other hand, I love love love AOI. Their wigs are so nice, thick and have gorgeous colours. They're only available on Taobao, though.

Cosplay-wise, ASCOSing is the best cosplay brand imo. Their cosplay is always spot-on accurate while also being extremely well made. Of course, their cosplay is expensive but I feel it is so worth it. Like others have mentioned, Uwowo is a fantastic brand as well while also staying within an affordable price range for all. As for which of the two is better, I think it's just a matter of personal preference. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Someone already recomended kasuo wigs but there's also Arda wigs in the US and if you're in the UK coscraft have pretty good base wigs for styling (dont get the lacefront though, they're not lace theyre plastic mesh and are VERY uncomfortable esp if you have sensitive skin) and they sell cosfoam, worbla, and other building materials for cosplay. Lushwigs is another really good shop in the uk, not stricly cosplay but they have a lot of cosplay-able wigs

For cosplay makeup Camera ready cosmetics sell a huge selection of stage and special effects makeup. For anime makeup you can really use drug store but if you have the cash i recomend cosocs, it's makeup specifically for cosplay and they have some really good products. Tiltmakeup and Treasurehouse makeup are good uk based stores

I'm not really clued up of actual cosplay stores bc i prefer to make mine, sorry ;-; but you can also try cosplay trade and sell groups on fb! just gotta be safe with potential scammers, theres not many in groups that im in at least but people are always quick to blast them for other people to know about

Posted

All the brands I've ordered from are only in Taobao ;-;

TSN wigs are lovely and the wigs are pretty manageable and thick! I haven't received anything I didn't like. :alpacacrush:

I can also say Lucaille wigs are also very nice and most of my wigs are from there though I stopped ordering white or lighter colored wigs since its usually a hit or miss for me or I'm probably just unlucky-- so I order lighter wigs from TSN instead. ((I linked their taobao page instead of the english page~))

Two other wig brands that were good are Fantasy Sheep and Grand Young but their taobao pages somehow just disappeared ; v ;  

For costumes I've heard good things about 1/3 delusion and they can make costumes in your sizes too iirc but it might take a longer time. I've never ordered from them and only heard about it~ and Uwowo costumes are detailed and worth the money!