• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

too young to worry about anti-aging?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm 19 and i have a babyface but i'm worried about some fine lines i've noticed particularly around my mouth area and a liiiiittle bit of creasing under my eyes. it's really not bad but i'm wondering if a more lightweight anti-aging formula would be too harsh on my skin. i've been using the elf illuminating eye cream under my eyes and on those aforementioned areas and i think it has made a difference.

if i can afford to, what anti-aging products have you guys invested in if at all?

Posted (edited)

Sun protection is extremely important. If you're not protecting yourself from the sun, your skincare won't be as helpful because the sun is so damaging for our skin. Honestly I think because we're young, it's most important to focus on sun protection and collagen production. A vitamin C toner, and a lightweight daily sunscreen could work great. Vitamin C helps promote collagen production and the loss of that collagen is what causes most signs of aging. The sun damages our collagen, so if you keep promoting collagen production and most importantly protecting that collagen from damage I think it'll be a lot more beneficial than a retinoid cream. Hope you find something that works great! 

Btw I use Cerave daily sunscreen, and Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner with vitamin C. Using sheetmaks often has helped me a lot so I'd experiment with them if I were you. 

Edited by Tofufu

Posted

I'd say it's never too young to consider it, but I'm not expecting you to go for treatments either. Slap on that SPF girl! It's really the only preventative measure of ageing. I don't really know if there's any benefit to Vit C topically.

Posted

I'm in my late 20 now and I kinda regret not using eye cream sooner. I already have fine wrinkle under my eyes o:

Posted

I started using twice daily moisturizer with a goodly amount of spf at age 16.. I am.. a BIT older than that now and am mistaken for being quite a bit younger. It' a good foundation, but nothing replaces drinking 1/2 your weight in oz of water and sleeping at the same amount of time every day. 

Posted

Your never to young 

Posted

I would not bother until you are at least in your mids 20s. No anti-aging cream is as powerful as your own body's mechanisms right now.Your focus should be on supplements and getting enough water in addition to avoiding damaging external factors like sun or smoke.

Posted

You should start taking care of your wrinkles early. I've read that you should start from 20. While my mom has a very youthful face and has no wrinkles despite being almost 50, my dad's side has pre-mature crow's feet so I'm... reasonably worried. 

Posted

one should start using anti-aging creams from the age of 25 or 30. That is the appropriate age to start preventing wrinkles and fine lines, even before they appear. You see some of the top rated anti-wrinkle creams 

Posted

I think developing anti-aging skincare habits early is always a good thing. I have become more aware of how I apply products, what is inside of them, and always wearing sunscreen. Vitamin A serum has saved my life as well! And of course, eye cream and a great night cream. 

Posted (edited)

I do not believe in factory made anti aging cream , It´s just a clever concept/marketing strategy of the industry to target and make money of the insecurities women have on aging.

youre going to get old, and reality is you wont stay young looking or attractive forever. most people who take care of themself and their hair/clothing style etc almost always will look attractive and young when in their 20s and 30s. 40s is usually a time where you are starting to look old and its going to take a lot more effort to look attractive.

It is also not really wrinkles that make you look old. its gravity and the overall changes that happan to your face as you age. if you look at a 60 year old woman who has had a face lift. You can still see it is an older lady with a smooth face, and not a young person in their 10s,20s or 30s.

But I can recommend for moisterise is to use Argan oil(your face dries out a lot when you get older, especially if you already have dry skin) way better than all the junk fraud anti aging companies sell. and lasts quite long. do not get the cheap stuff in plastic bottles. do your research and invest in high quality oil. good quality argan oil always comes in a dark glass bottle and has no perfumy or overbearing scent to it. some sites claim it woks for fine lines but I can not attest this with certainty.

and this advice is incredibly important if you are ethnically european. swear by sunscreen. I can say avoid stress. but seriously that is not as easy as it sounds. You can have a huge demanding job or lose a parent/sister/friend. sometimes its just not possible to live stressfree. 

And I have known 16 year old girls that already had permanent forehead wrinkles. I´ve seen people in their 20s with incredibly deep frown lines. ive also seen people in their 30s with no or only fine lines. genetics play a huge part in this too.

what youre face looks like also plays a part. some faces just look younger than others whether they are wrinkled or not.

Overall, I do not see the huge stress people have on getting older. its something you just can not do anything about, unless you die in your 10s,20s,30s and never grow old.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

The one regret I remember seeing that Korean women have is that they didn't put on sunscreen enough when they were younger. I already stopped doing that cos I think I'm allergic to all sunscreens lmao

also put moisturiser on all the way down to your neck.

This source I trust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89r_kj3QuLE shaves her whole face, and it reduces wrinkles. It's a complete myth that hair grows back darker, but it doesn't even matter because she does it everyday.  She said the wrinkles on her forehead are gone, wrinkles around her eyes are gone and she started when she was 25 and she's been doing it for 2-3 years now. The earlier you do it, the better. 

Posted

In all honesty, I'm not worried about using any anti-aging compound. After all that i have been through ever wrinkle will be a badge of honor in memory of those who were not fortunate enough to live through what I have. I  see it as growing old for them since they will never get the chance.

Posted

I regret not using sunscreen earlier. I would recommend doing research for products with quality ingredients. If anything just sunscreen is the bare minimum

Posted

Can someone recommend some good sunscreen? The ones I know are super heavy and my skin is mixed so...I get a lot of acne bc of that