• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Healthy quick breakfast idea's?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure where you're at or what's available, but I recommend skyr (it's a low-fat and excellent yoghurt-related product that's most popular in Iceland but well-known across Scandinavia and making inroads elsewhere). I prefer it to regular yoghurt and ofc you can pair it with whole grain whatever. Plus all those probiotics are great for overall health (but feel free to substitute sauerkraut or kimchi <3 for an adventurous morning meal!)

@LoboShuffle oatmeal is just nasty. But you're certainly right about its benefits. ;-)

Posted

Here is my favourite breakfast - a bowl of porridge made with semi-skimmed milk, a hint of cinnamon and a banana. Costs pennies and gives you all the energy you need to kick start your day! If I want something different, I look through http://verytasty.us . It offers some amazing breakfast ideas too. 

Posted

Haha, well, there's always egg whites.  Sounds gross but very low cal, and theres so much you can do w/ it..

Also, sweet potatoes can be baked and eaten w/ a small portion rice and soy sauce... Not really a breakfast but its food.

Baked beans can be moderately low cal, eat w/ english muffins? 

Protein shakes are obviously quick...190 cal / bottle  

Really, anything can be "low cal". You just need to portion correctly.

Posted

Hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit with yogurt are a good, healthy, quick and easy breakfast. 

Posted

I'm eating overnight oats soaked in yoghurt and mashed banana with some optional cinnamon and honey every day. It's really stomach friendly and you can add anything to your liking to overnight oats.