• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9924 posts in this topic

Posted

BigHit has the best PR in K-Pop. BTS could murder someone and BigHit could still make them look like perfect little angels. They get away with everything. BigHit always have a billion excuses and they tend to point fingers and blame others for BTS' mistakes. BTS never comes out and apologize themselves. BigHit's PR team apologizes FOR them. I've never heard a genuine apology from those boys, ever.

Army's love to call BTS authentic and raw and praise them for not being "manufactured" like other K-Pop groups (which is one of the reasons why Armys spam 'BTS isn't K-Pop' every 5 seconds), but BTS is VERY manufactured.

BigHit markets BTS to be these geniuses who do EVERYTHING. They make people believe BTS is in control of everything they put out, but BTS said they don't even know what their music videos look like until the day it's released. When we watch their MVs for the first time, BTS is also watching it for the first time. In their MV reaction videos during every comeback, they don't really know what's going on in their own MV. They're like "What's that? What does that mean? Who is that?" BTS are clueless about their theories and storylines. They said it themselves that it's cool to read Army's theories because they themselves aren't sure what their concept is about. Another example is Yoongi's Jim Jones sample. BIgHit just blamed it on another producer, but BigHit made it seem like Yoongi was the one self-producing that specific song in the documentary. That's why Army's were on Twitter saying "omg, Yoongi is a genius for using a Jim Jones sample. Best producer." NOW it's "oh, uhh...someone else produced it." So why did BigHit make it seem like Yoongi was busting his ass while self-producing it in the doc!?

It's all marketing. That's what BigHit has been doing recently with these YouTube live streams (they aren't even all live; most are pre-recorded). They're pushing the "do it all, know it all" image again. They're marketing Jimin to be the "project manager" of the next album and they have the boys sitting in a circle discussing ideas. What company records album plan meetings and post them to YouTube for millions to see? Album plan meetings are always kept private because other companies/artists could steal ideas. Those FAKE meetings are simply uploaded to push the narrative that they're geniuses who are in control of everything they put out. It's funny because in the "live" streams, project manager Jimin isn't even writing most of the time. He's just zoned out and doodling.

BTS is discussing these "ideas" and they're not even going to have the final say in what goes on the album.

I respect their hard work and talent, but they're just not genuine to me.

Army's are so brainwashed.

The amount of twitter stans defending Yongi and translating everything. I mean if you are going to brag about being successful, why would you choose Jim Jones? So many influential people to choose from.

As someone enjoys reading and watching about true crime and cults. Jim Jones is one of the worst out there. At this point it is impossible not to research about things like Jim Jones. 

Suga and BH took a lot of time to release this album. I don't believe not even once they didn't check anything. 

I notice too that BH is usually the one who posts public apology or statements but never the guys except for RM. 

It's just that I hate a lot of Armies would do so much for the boys and also BH for not taking up responsibility.

Of course the guys are rich as hell and out of touch now. I have never seen so much merch and video documentaries, movies from one group and company.

It's fun to support your faves but being obsessed and worshipping. They are going to end up as entitled, tone deaf if they don't stop. They are already out of touch with money and how they spend.

Posted

More & More is downright weak to me. Not even just as a Twice song, but a K-pop song in general. I can guarantee you if the same video, dance, and song was released by a nugu group, no one would look twice (haha, pun.) 

I am a big fan of EDM, but More & More ain't it. ITZY's EDM songs are good enough to stand on their own in my eyes, they are funky, fresh, and have a lot more soul than this. More & More is some weak, soulless, corporate-sounding tropical house. Sounds like stock music. 

From an artistic standpoint, I don't like the video. Too much patterns, too many colors, special effects assaulting our senses every .1 second. It looks like one of those Bollywood movies that everyone memes on. 

Posted

Thank you!!! I needed to see someone actually say this

I don't dislike the song, but the MV was so off. Specially the CGI behind that stage they danced on in the middle of the lake. And this is weird cause i never saw such a bad CGI work on a JYPE music video

You should watch the Miroh mv lol

Posted

I was genuinely so excited for More & More when the first trailers were dropping. The styling and the instrumental part they played had me hyped. Until they put them in neon H&M clothing and then the edm dance break with a lukewarm garden of eden theme. 

They said that More & More was much more complex than Fancy and Feel Special...

300px-So_That_Was_a_Fucking_Lie.thumb.jp

The rest of the album seems promising. I'll just move on from More & More and (hopefully) bop to the rest. 

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one that thinks that collecting photocards in such huge amounts like in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82g-0o6cu1o) is kind of questionable and ? Just dont get why people would want to have so many of them? Also like most of these cards look very like... cheap or weird? 

Edited by essence

Posted

the miroh mv is tragic, why they didn’t just film on top of a real building i will never understand. the parts in the i am you mv where theyre in the moving truck are pretty awful too,, like why do they look 1ft tall i don’t get it. maybe jyp in general just needs to stay away from trying to do fancy special effects 

Posted

Firework should've been the title track instead of More and More.

Posted

jeeeez more and more...was a choice, i like some of the outfits (keyword being SOME) but overall it's a really basic song? the rap is awful lmao I like the choreo tho.
A thing I miss about 2nd gen kpop (aside from like everything) was that the stylists knew how to make the look cohesive while making everyone stand out individually (i'm thinking SNSD'S I got a boy, i mean those outfits were something else but everyone looked good AND like they belong in the same group) nowadays stylists seem to think that if everyone wears the same colour then it's all set :/

SNSD peaked with The Boys' style, it was so damn pretty and all were different

Posted

Thank you!!!!!!!! Say it louder for the people in the back!!!!!!!!

The Boys was their best era, no joke. Every member had their time to shine in their own way and the line distribution wasn't so drastically bad (as much as I like Mr. Mr. and You Think, both that also have a more powerful concept, their line distributions were atrocious, they were basically TTS + the backup dancers).

Also: I don't think SM should have pushed Tiffany as second in vocal as much as they did when Seohyun has a wider range and better support for her upper register. People have different strengths and Tiffany has a strong lower register, why not play with that instead of giving her belted notes that she can't reach comfortably most times? A lot of times she's struggling to reach something like an E5, that could have easily gone to another member who has a better mixed or head voice (Taeyeon, Sunny, Seohyun, for instance).

Posted

Yess!!!! I loved that one

Posted

The MV for M&M looks so tacky and disorganized. Too many effects, transitions, and the tigers... please. I don't really enjoy some of the styles either (like the jean outfits they had while dancing on the platform)

The choreo is good at specific parts but all together, it feels like they hired a team that hasn't worked with idols before. (I don't know who they worked with this time, I'll look when credits come out.) It's like they got the dance back from the choreographers and didn't bother to adjust or alter anything, it feels so awkward and cheap, especially in the chorus. I dislike the arrangement and mixing as well. In terms of artistry, I feel like JYPE really messed up here, but it's TWICE so it'll sell.

B-sides are pretty good though.

Posted

does everyone like the b-sides? i'm surprised, because i hate them more than more & more.

they all kind of blend together, they all have that tropical bird call sound. except make me go, that was pretty nice and different to me. i think besides that sweet summer day is definitely the best.

okay i felt with the more breezy tone of the album, twice could go a little lower in tone... are their registers naturally this high? because in some notes it reaches a nasal, 'tinny' level, but i think besides that, it keeps the album feeling cheery.

as for more & more, everyone looked great, and i appreciate the different artistic direction they went for. i think not having a point dance besides sana's hook may hurt the song's impact though, but i genuinely like that they went a different route.  the song ended so abruptly lol. rap was indeed bad, and not even 'dahyun can't rap in a way that is charming' like feel special.

i have yet to see the hype behind chaeyoung on twitter, because in twice songs her rapping's really not all that, and her raps in special stages aren't all that either.

Posted

To be fair Miroh does not harm your eyes the way more&more does and i don't dislike it

M&M reminds me of the effects in Dalla Dalla. That MV made my eyes bleed lol

Posted

I think Twice are all good performers, they dance well in general but I realize they are making their choreography harder and harder with each comeback. No problem with that, but sometimes it just looks messy and I just know the dance break will be much different if it wasn't for the camera work. I honestly don't think they exactly need difficult choreography to be good performers but idk.

The song is felt flat for me but I do like Sana's lines in this song. I think her voice suits the song well. But the chorus and bridge of this song wasn't for me... 

Posted (edited)

I finally checked out More & More because of you guy's opinions.

And like...

What the hell is going on in the music video. That was some fever dream type shit.

Anyways, before M&M, Twice always had strong title tracks (for the most part) and weak/average B-sides (for the most part) however, they sorta of flipped it this time. Half of the tracks are beach edm songs, but 'Shadow' and 'Make Me Go' are better. M&M sounds like a B-side and the whole repetition of the word 'more' would never be good in any song, because it generally sounds lazy. 

My biggest problem with the song was that there was no climax. It had the same feel all the way through and felt flat. The song was good until Tzuyu's verse giving us clarification that this would be another tropical beach edm track. CGI was trash, but Dahyun's rap was better this time around.

Edited by Toe