• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9440 posts in this topic

Posted

this is irrelevant by now but I finally listened to kick it by BP and it sounds like a song that was really meant for 2ne1 or smshit  and they rewrote some parts

well, some of their songs are allegedly 2ne1 reject songs and yg always market them as the "pretty 2ne1" ,so i guess that makes sense

Posted

well, some of their songs are allegedly 2ne1 reject songs and yg always market them as the "pretty 2ne1" ,so i guess that makes sense

:( 

Posted

The postion for being a 'Main Vocalists' is becoming a joke in the industry. I mean, most of the 4th Generation and late 3rd Generation idols are not even on the standard of being a 'Lead Vocalist' and it makes me wanna throw-up sometimes when they sing. This is what from I observed. Somehow, I am thankful that the 'Rapper' position are taken seriously in this 4th Gen. and late 3rd Gen.

Posted

can someone please save my boys WINNER and possibly all YG artists from YG ughh

ever since the scandals broke out literally the music quality has gone downhill for all of them. i hate to say this but imo WINNER peaked at Fate Number For. After that it just gradually went down. 
The MV for Hold is cute, but I cant really vibe with this song lmao. Maybe it's just me but their music kinda starts to not having a rhythm/melody anymore?(if that makes any sense)

Posted (edited)

I know members of SUJU did a lot of problematic shit however there is no denial their songs are catchy and replayable years later. Also jumping from that point I feel like that the songs made in the recent 2 years are not as catchy and memorable. It all just sounds like basic EDM with chorus, 2 signing verse and a rapping verse.

on this topic, i feel like it would be unfair to cancel suju all together, KRY alone is a reason to give them a listen. I've used to be an ELF and I can't fucking stand people who try to justify Shindong. I couldn't give two shits about the fact that he lost a lot of weight and people are worried, that's just karma, i couldn't give two shits about his apology either, he apologized to fans because people had reasons to dislike him, he never apologizes directly to the people he offended who, by the way, kept going on with super strict diets. How am i supposed to feel bad for somebody like him? ugh, gross. 

Edited by quarantaquattromilacento

Posted

Are nctzens gonna keep pretending that Winwin is still part of NCT127? Because to me, it seems pretty obvious that SM swapped him onto WayV and he's not coming back to 127. 

Posted

Are nctzens gonna keep pretending that Winwin is still part of NCT127? Because to me, it seems pretty obvious that SM swapped him onto WayV and he's not coming back to 127. 

And that is one of the reasons why Winwin doesn't have any lines.

Posted (edited)

I can't stand the makeup looks that Hyuna and E'dawn have most of the time...

I think they're going for a "heroin chic" look (sick, just woke up after a long night of partying, possibly on drugs) but it looks really bad to me, personally. Maybe it's supposed to be kind of reactionary to the healthy, young makeup looks that most k-pop stars wear? Not sure. 

(Note: this is not an attack on either of them as artists or people, I just don't like their makeup.) 

Image result for hyuna and e'dawn

Hyuna and Edawn are my favorite artist couple but I agree about the makeup it's...not cute. They look like a powerhouse crackhead couple that you see out on the streets.

Edited by Boobufestu
Left out a word.

Posted

I'm not sure if any of these were pointed out but

I'm not sure if any of you guys feel..disconnected from kpop? I'm only 21 and I feel like my rodeo is over. Nearly all my favorite groups are disbanded, half together etc. ( vixx, shinee, and BEG are the main ones I'm stannin )

-The industry is shitty

-The songs are getting generic and similar

-Too many groups are popping out like flies and dying out before anyone gets noticed. 

I'm starting to like more solo artists now than groups

Also companies need to rid the fucking position system, that shit makes no sense and it's usless halfway through because sooner or later everyone's a damn "main vocalist, second vocalists, main dancer, side piece, main piece" etc

Posted

TBH I prefer him being in WayV instead of 127. He seems way more comfortable and he's actually getting lines now. I'm not saying he was unhappy in 127, being in a chinese unit just seems like a better fit for him. Plus I don't think he's allowed to actively promote in a korean and chinese group at the same time (I might be wrong on that? Something about China's relationship with kpop) and it's easier for him to stick to one unit than to keep having to alternate between two and overwork himself. I do really miss the WinWin x 127 interactions tho.

Posted

TBH I prefer him being in WayV instead of 127. He seems way more comfortable and he's actually getting lines now. I'm not saying he was unhappy in 127, being in a chinese unit just seems like a better fit for him. Plus I don't think he's allowed to actively promote in a korean and chinese group at the same time (I might be wrong on that? Something about China's relationship with kpop) and it's easier for him to stick to one unit than to keep having to alternate between two and overwork himself. I do really miss the WinWin x 127 interactions tho.

I feel the same as you. I posted a comment somewhere basically expressing the same as you, I think on a youtube video, and got fucking swamped with upset nctzens. I don't want to say he was unhappy in 127, at least absolutely not unhappy with the other members but honestly I wouldn't see the point in being in a group getting almost no lines, screentime or attention in general. I still don't understand for what other reason they debuted him then other then to have him do acrobatics lmao. But I do indeed miss the interactions between him and 127. I think he's better off in WayV.

Posted

I'm not sure if any of these were pointed out but

I'm not sure if any of you guys feel..disconnected from kpop? I'm only 21 and I feel like my rodeo is over. Nearly all my favorite groups are disbanded, half together etc. ( vixx, shinee, and BEG are the main ones I'm stannin )

Honestly I'm only into kpop because some of my fav groups are still somewhat together. If they all decided to stop, I would just leave kpop for good with only a few of my fav albums on my back. I really been out of loop with new kpop artists from the past couple of years, more likely because I've outgrown it and only like nostalgia stuff now. I feel that younger 20s and younger were the main demographic then, but these days it's like teens and younger, which is fine i guess cause I can barely stand the industry now. Any artist(s) that are worth listening to now are retired, are not considered kpop, or are close to retiring. 

Posted

I think anyone could tell what auto tune is though? It’s not really that hard to understand what it does although most people don’t know about all the special programs used to tweak and refine an idols’ vocals to perfection. But if someone sounds very close to a robot in post production or during performances (like with that peekaboo produce 48 performance and basically all of their performances), then how is it ignorant or ridiculous to point it out? 
I agree that people do drag idols’ for having imperfect vocals too much during performances tho. You can’t expect them to sound 100% perfect while they’re dancing and having so many schedules back to back.

To the bold, look they don't have to be perfect but let's admit without making excuses  that most times when their voices come through idols sound mediocre.. Esp the non main vocal ones, stability with live vocals isn't a strong point in this genre. . They train for years to debut then sound like that? Either the training is bs and companies use that as an excuse to put idols in debt or the talent is lacking.. 

Posted

I think as I get older what's happened to me is I don't care about every move of every idol. I pay attention to the 2 groups I stan who are still extremely active, the few things the older groups I like do, and don't look at much else except listen to songs so see if I like a new group. A lot of the people I know in real life will talk about how much they hate a group's sound but still know every title track by them because they feel like they need to listen to them at least once or twice because they 'like kpop'.

Posted

Ok my rant may sound stupid (lol) but don't you think that hair stylists in companies kind of recycle the hair dyes? Like Bam Bam and Felix have kind of the same hair color now.or Changbin has the broccoli chan one!

Kpop is so repetitive these days for me.like back in the years they weren't so many groups and everything was new and you thought the artists are more active about their own art

But today we have so many groups and most of them want to push themselves so hard in the west. And yes there are artists I like among them but still, it's all so much and so alike!

And I'm done with all these idols being on vlive almost every day

I miss the old kpop that wasn't still famous in the west as it is now