• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

9846 posts in this topic

Posted

Loona's # album thoughts: 

So what sounds kinda itzy-esque. Rapping is pretty bad at some parts

Number 1 is okay not outstanding. 

Oh yes I am sounds exactly like a GWSN title song.

Ding ding dong sounds like WSJN song. 

365, the only song I really really liked tbh.

I know the kpop scene isn't exactly original especially nowadays and I don't think there's anything wrong with following trends but, oh yes I am and ding ding dong sound like gwsn/wsjn rejects. These songs sound like they were made with these other groups in mind. Loona really needs some more recognizable identity if they want to actually grow in the Korean market. 

Posted

Once they add Yena to Everglow, y'all know it's gonna be Mia & Yena and friends 🥴

Posted

They should do away with high heels in most K-pop choreos. High heels really limit the energy and movement an idol can put into a choreo. A lot of times if you watch the same choreo with heels vs. with sneakers, the sneakers one will look way more fluid. 

Furthermore, a lot of idols just look uncomfortable in them and it seems like it leaves a high risk of them falling and spraining their ankle which can put them out of work for months. It's just not worth it.

Maybe short heels is okay. But I'm glad k-pop as a whole seems to be moving away from stilettos, especially since sexy concept isn't as big anymore. 

Posted

Heejin and Olivia slayed So What but BBC needs to get their shit together with the line distribution and screentime or they're going to have the same issue NCT has with all the solo stans and akgaes. Especially when it comes to members like Vivi, I already know a ton of people who don't care for Loona but are willing to support them just for her and she gets paid dust every single time.

Posted

you cant expect another “bts” group (in terms of success) if you do, you’ll always be disappointed. txt is growing slowly but steady (which is good, they are talented), but comparing them (or any rookie or group) with bts is just wrong. 

Posted

Yeah we all know that nothing is truly "real" in k-pop, but there's something about Everglow that feels especially manufactured. 

Posted

• onlyoneof's sage is a bop can't believe i only knew about it now
  • everglow's dun dun is alright, i don't hate but i don't love it either
  • feels bad that vivi didn't get any lines for so what and loona should bring out more bops like their pre-debut tracks.

Posted (edited)

'So What' was okay but it doesn't really have the Loona "vibe" to me, probably since it's such an overdone concept nowadays. And I don't particularly like the song. In my opinion, their best title track was 'favOriTe'. I guess it was sort of a "girl crush" concept but it wasn't anything at all like 'So What'. It was similar to Hinapia's 'Drip' in that 'favOriTe' leaned towards a more mature and confident side rather than badass. 

All that aside, as another user said, Heejin along with Yves and Kim Lip really suit this type of concept~ 

I'm really digging Loona's predebut solos and sub-unit songs. They're all good and showcases the girls' individuality, of course, and they're infinitely more interesting than the songs they have put out together, which makes me sad since their management does not seem to know what to do with all that potential anymore. (And if 'So What' doesn't become popular enough :/) Haseul, Yves, Kim Lip, Heejin, JinSoul and Olivia especially stick out to me, since I like that type of music. (And I wish Haseul all the strength with her mental health issues).

Also, another hair appreciation:

Minkyeung (Pristin, Hinapia) looks great with her short hair. I think it makes her face more angular (?)...idk it just suits her face more than her long hair. I think it makes her stand out more. Also, the highlights (lowlights lol?) look great on her.

d9ddb18e6435ed028f993ed88729484b.thumb.jd4wtt9p04t541.thumb.jpg.dd2f5679c9e7c645tumblr_a88e3a4cc0d4bb9bf97a909f7462696f_

Edited by SadPain
added another picture

Posted

Minkyeung (Pristin, Hinapia) looks great with her short hair. I think it makes her face more angular (?)...idk it just suits her face more than her long hair. I think it makes her stand out more. Also, the highlights (lowlights lol?) look great on her.

Hidden Content

she gives out hella mommy vibes i love it

Posted

Some of these fans out here are only fans of certain groups to put down a rival group in a similar category. But no one's ready for that conversation. 

Posted

Yeah we all know that nothing is truly "real" in k-pop, but there's something about Everglow that feels especially manufactured. 

I feel like it's because almost everything about them is like, an amalgamation of what's supposed to be popular in K-pop right now. Trap music where the chorus is instrumental + shouting something in English. Flashy "designer" clothing. Badass "girl crush" posing/glaring at the camera and motorcycles. CGI backgrounds. I don't really know what stands out about Everglow aside from them just seeming to follow the most profitable trends in K-pop.

I feel like every other popular group has something unique about them. Twice has grown from a cute girly concept to a rich/elegant mature vibe. Red Velvet has a lot of quirky and experimental music and MV's. Mamamoo focuses on power ballads. Even Itzy does the girl crush concept too, but I feel that they focus more on a house sound rather than trap which is kind of unique rn. But what stands out about Everglow? I'm not really sure yet. 

Posted (edited)

so what was bad... definitely falls short against crossroads or even dun dun  

I feel like it's because almost everything about them is like, an amalgamation of what's supposed to be popular in K-pop right now. Trap music where the chorus is instrumental + shouting something in English. Flashy "designer" clothing. Badass "girl crush" posing/glaring at the camera and motorcycles. CGI backgrounds. I don't really know what stands out about Everglow aside from them just seeming to follow the most profitable trends in K-pop.

I feel like every other popular group has something unique about them. Twice has grown from a cute girly concept to a rich/elegant mature vibe. Red Velvet has a lot of quirky and experimental music and MV's. Mamamoo focuses on power ballads. Even Itzy does the girl crush concept too, but I feel that they focus more on a house sound rather than trap which is kind of unique rn. But what stands out about Everglow? I'm not really sure yet. 

they are filling bp’s void, which is good because everglow brings more to the table than bp

Edited by sucroster
word

Posted (edited)

i was so disappointed with loona's comeback. hi high remains their best title track AND album. all 3 b sides on # sound so similar it is such a downgrade from ++ where every song had a unique sound and style. like other people in the thread have already mentioned, it literally sounds like an itzy song but worse. i also hate the styling, olivia and yves look greasy... i don't see how that is girl crush at all.

while i'm here i'll say butterfly was extremely overrated as well, i HATE the prechorus where theres that member singing WINGS WINGS in a really high voice. i think that hi high was totally overlooked because fans can't handle a cute concept; but it suited them so well. 

one thing that was top notch about all of their releases was the videography, i honestly think their company should just stick to directing music videos. 

also can i ask why mia is getting pushed so hard by yuehua? she's not exceptionally pretty (sihyeon is MUCH better looking especially according to korean standards) and her voice is forgettable. some are comparing eg to 4minute but at least hyuna had this ~vibe~ where she really stood out from the group. i was getting pissed seeing and hearing mia every 5 seconds in dun dun. 

Edited by xuanyi

Posted

so i've seen people in here talk about queendom back when it was getting aired and i didn't really care for the show bc i wasnt much of a fan of the groups they talked about on here

but DAMN after HIP i've got quite the interest in MMM, same with idle after watching some (really good) performances.

now a bitch is watching queendom, thanks yall

Posted

Cherry Bullet is also going back in a Girl Crush concept due to the demand of the general public. Can they just stick to their concept?!