• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8438 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently Momoland's agency is keeping Daisy in the dungeon for punishment since if they let her go she could re-debut with another group. Omg, it makes me so mad.

On the bright side it seems like Daisy is ready to spill all the Momoland tea. Daisy just called Finding Momoland TV show rigged đź‘€ also Momoland had to pay $60,000 each to be on the TV show and most probably haven't finished paying it back... Kpop can be messed up.

Posted

Not only that, but the gay rumor is a running joke on knowing brothers and he played that up in various occasions, there's a whole ass compilation. 

plus, he and sunny of snsd always had that type of relationship and they tease each other a lot, i don't believe she was dead-ass serious when she said that considering the kind of tone that the show has. 

wasn't there  that YG show where people joked about how seungri wasnt nice and it turned out to be true? i get you want to trust your oppar but lets be real, none of us can know the actual truth is all i am saying. acting as if everything they show us is true is just hilariously naive imo

Posted

It seems to me like kpop fans are pretty well aware of the kpop industries harsh treatment of idols, such as putting girls on starving diets, making them do tough physical practice all day, not letting them get enough sleep or even have a social life etc.

Yet all I see are complaints like "they don't put in any effort to their performance! So lazy!!"

Have you ever thought... that maybe... just maybe... they way they are treated makes them both physically and mentally exhausted and that's why their performance isn't always so great? Like maybe mistreating people actually makes them perform worse?? Who would have thought

Posted

It seems to me like kpop fans are pretty well aware of the kpop industries harsh treatment of idols, such as putting girls on starving diets, making them do tough physical practice all day, not letting them get enough sleep or even have a social life etc.

Yet all I see are complaints like "they don't put in any effort to their performance! So lazy!!"

Have you ever thought... that maybe... just maybe... they way they are treated makes them both physically and mentally exhausted and that's why their performance isn't always so great? Like maybe mistreating people actually makes them perform worse?? Who would have thought

You just came back from the blackpink thread? lol

Posted

that is one kpop thread I will never reopen lol

Posted

Sadly, I believe Momoland is going to be 2020's Pristin... a group that has the potential to become really popular, but falls apart due to awful and abusive management. I feel bad for the current members but I hope Daisy exposes everything and drags MLD Entertainment to the ground. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by 0000FF

Posted

Today the name of the new album of bts was finally revealed and the vast majority of ARMY's are like "omg we look like clowns, the album is not called shadow or ego" and I'm like no darling you are the one who decided to be the fool that believes in the theories that someone on the internet did.

20200107_131454.thumb.png.1ad890d997625e20200107_131519.thumb.png.635bcfdf6c577f20200107_131536.thumb.png.d491c507eec1d720200107_131550.thumb.png.b6dfc940a0fa3720200107_131603.thumb.png.d1bc039bc9c854

Otherwise, the ARMY's are re-creating theories about the new name (Map of the Soul: 7) and giving it a super emotional meaning, when it is really most likely to be called that because it is their last comeback together, or perhaps already everyone forgot that Seok-jin has to do his military service.

jin is the only one going to military service? i thought the seven of them were going at the same time so they could came back as seven again but it might be just a rumor

Posted (edited)

jin is the only one going to military service? i thought the seven of them were going at the same time so they could came back as seven again but it might be just a rumor

That was just a rumor, at the end of the day Big Hit is still like any other company, this is a business and they need to generate money, it would be a bad move to send them all at the same time, that would be stupid taking into account that they would also leave the most popular members.

Edited by 0000FF

Posted

Probably going to get eaten alive for this, but ATEEZ's new album is ok. 

Answer MV visuals are nice for sure but their vocals throughout the whole album didn't wow me. Overall, just ok. 

Posted

Sadly, I believe Momoland is going to be 2020's Pristin... a group that has the potential to become really popular, but falls apart due to awful and abusive management. I feel bad for the current members but I hope Daisy exposes everything and drags MLD Entertainment to the ground. 

They’re getting lots of love in the Philippines but I don’t think their company is gonna capitalize on that for long 

Posted

Is everything in kpop rigged now? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

it can't be about blackpink.. these girls watch netflix all day and get bank for the bare minimum, why would they be exhausted/mistreated? lol

Posted

Is everything in kpop rigged now? :alpacaconfused:

NOW? Oh, honey... 💀 

Posted

Apparently Momoland's agency is keeping Daisy in the dungeon for punishment since if they let her go she could re-debut with another group. Omg, it makes me so mad.

On the bright side it seems like Daisy is ready to spill all the Momoland tea. Daisy just called Finding Momoland TV show rigged đź‘€ also Momoland had to pay $60,000 each to be on the TV show and most probably haven't finished paying it back... Kpop can be messed up.

Update! MLD is preparing to take legal action since Daisy's mom has been making threats at them. They also threw Daisy under the bus and blamed her for the situation, saying it was her choice. (This is becoming a running pattern in statements lately..) 

Daisy wanted to come back with the group for their promotions in May of 2019 but MLD said no, and when Daisy finally wanted to call it quits, they demanded around $900,000 USD for contract termination/breach of contract.

Soompi 1 & 2 

I understand that breaching the contract terms is huge, but the dating ban in itself is dumb imo and people break it all the time. MLD and other small companies have always been predatory towards their idols and extremely money hungry. I wish the girls could leave and re-group but realistically, it won't happen.