• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8444 posts in this topic

Posted

there are some korean celebs whose partner is either many years senior or many years junior and are still together and even got married it just really depends on how they work the relationship tho. two kpop idols ik who are moon hee-joon from H.O.T and so-yul from crayon pop have a 13 years age gap which is the same as heechul and momo, hee-joon is 41 while so-yul is 28 (they got together when soyul was around 23 and 24 i think) got married and have one daughter and nobody really was bothered by the age gap? maybe bc they aren't popular anymore like heechul and momo.

I didn't know about that! Very interesting. I felt like people were fussing over their relationship being predatory or whatever, and I was just thinking 'would they last anyway?' like I wish happiness on both of them but it seems hard to maintain a relationship as an idol. I do wish the best to both of them, I guess there are successful examples 😊

Posted

Not sure if it's been said here before, but Jessi is a tryhard and her songs are mediocre (except for ssenunni - I'll admit that slapped).

the fact that she's actively blackfishing and most of kpop fans thought she was biracial makes me wanna 🤢 

Posted (edited)

the fact that she's actively blackfishing and most of kpop fans thought she was biracial makes me wanna 🤢 

everytime she’s called out she gets mad lol

shes making herself into a walking caricature of what she thinks black women are imo

1. VERY dark tan

2. breast augmentation(tho this is not necessarily blackfishing in its own, I THINK, that added to all the rest makes it fishy)*

3. Butt enlargement (again, on its own I wouldn’t mention it, but added to everything else TO ME makes me go hmmmmmm)*

*very commonly ppl assume that black women are “larger” and so to emulate them they often do these procedures ex. Martha Big(not saying Jessi is this extreme)

4. “Blaccent” / try hard save- this is very obvious in her songs lol, she caught on to the “i’m gucci” trend like 10 years late lmao, I also don’t know anyone from jersey who speaks like she does(maybe she grew up somewhere idk)

Also when black kpop fans fall her out, other kpop fans always stick up for her 

edit: these are my own opinions from what I have observed

Edited by CrysCrys

Posted

there are some korean celebs whose partner is either many years senior or many years junior and are still together and even got married it just really depends on how they work the relationship tho. two kpop idols ik who are moon hee-joon from H.O.T and so-yul from crayon pop have a 13 years age gap which is the same as heechul and momo, hee-joon is 41 while so-yul is 28 (they got together when soyul was around 23 and 24 i think) got married and have one daughter and nobody really was bothered by the age gap? maybe bc they aren't popular anymore like heechul and momo.

I don't really care either way about either relationship and maybe it's because of who I interact with but I remember people being bothered by this, the only thing I really remember about either of them is the wild age gap and honestly I'm not sure how to word this nicely but pictures of them are more jarring as heechul is still very young looking. I think it really is the fact theyre less popular that stan twitter at the time didn't give the same fuss. People in the west or english speaking fans don't care about h.o.t as it was before the hallyu wave and crayon pop never got much attention here except for bar bar bar but almost every recent kpop fan knows both heechul and momo

Posted

Not sure if it's been said here before, but Jessi is a tryhard and her songs are mediocre (except for ssenunni - I'll admit that slapped).

I have gucci and down on my playlist and that is about it. Seeing her age and style, she might not last long as a kpop artist but she has a following so who knows. Also, I mention age not as a downer because if they are good, I believe they should continue no matter what age but most idols don't stay past 30 especially female kpop idols and fans wanting the new shiny toy. 

Posted (edited)

I remember the days when people would get angry over new members being added to groups after debut. 

I miss those days :( Now we have to worry about idols being booted out with no explanation less than a year after debut. 

I'm sure some of the members being expelled from groups are necessary but sometimes it just seems so random? Like why did Cherry Bullet lose almost 1/3 of its members a few months after debuting? Why is Momoland losing so many members shortly after finally achieving fame? I have to assume that at least some of the time it's due to poor management. 

Edited by caterpillars

Posted (edited)

Jfc I didn't realize this was a thing they did in variety shows. That sounds so sad and derogatory. 

DO.THEY.EVER If you watch a couple, can you find anyone who looks like they're having fun ¬¬

SuJu https://youtu.be/pZD4gpcv24Q?t=3226 if you watch if you'll see how Kangin (blue hoodie guy) acts like a whiny bitch ass to the girl asked to do the ranking) Siwon and Kangin were placed at a lower ranking to the shock of EVERYONE but instead of laughing it off they were visibly annoyed, Kangin especially kept making snarky comments to the girl. To me, it's like dudes you're told you're handsome every single day, let another member who always got ranked last (Yesung) enjoy it for five seconds, but nah. Also important Ryeowook is so precious here, hugging his hyung.

Edited by AudreyLah

Posted

DO.THEY.EVER If you watch a couple, can you find anyone who looks like they're having fun ¬¬

seriously do Korean audiences find this entertaining? It just came off so awkward and I felt so sorry for Jimin in BTS and the girl in SNSD that got picked on immediately by the host (I’m not familiar with them sorry 😫) 

Posted

while momo is already 23 and fully an adult (even though the age gap is big) i cant help but think of heechul as a creep due to him being obsessed with female idols that are a decade or more younger than him (15 year old sohee anyone?) and starting gay rumours to get close with female idols

Posted

while momo is already 23 and fully an adult (even though the age gap is big) i cant help but think of heechul as a creep due to him being obsessed with female idols that are a decade or more younger than him (15 year old sohee anyone?) and starting gay rumours to get close with female idols

he admitted to that... that's... my issue with this

Posted

I remember the days when people would get angry over new members being added to groups after debut. 

I miss those days :( Now we have to worry about idols being booted out with no explanation less than a year after debut. 

I'm sure some of the members being expelled from groups are necessary but sometimes it just seems so random? Like why did Cherry Bullet lose almost 1/3 of its members a few months after debuting? Why is Momoland losing so many members shortly after finally achieving fame? I have to assume that at least some of the time it's due to poor management. 

Im sure something went down in Momoland tbh. 

Also it bothers me that Yena will be added to Everglow as if there isnt enough favoritism already.

So Blinks fucked up -again- they had to give low califications to MQQN CAFE (for sexually harassing Lisa) but gave it to some other restaurant that did NOTHING wrong.

Posted

shes making herself into a walking caricature of what she thinks black women are imo

I completely agree. It's gross. She acts like she's so original real and different but she looks like any other blackfishing model on IG. 

Posted

SuJu https://youtu.be/pZD4gpcv24Q?t=3226 if you watch if you'll see how Kangin (blue hoodie guy) acts like a whiny bitch ass to the girl asked to do the ranking) Siwon and Kangin were placed at a lower ranking to the shock of EVERYONE but instead of laughing it off they were visibly annoyed, Kangin especially kept making snarky comments to the girl. To me, it's like dudes you're told you're handsome every single day, let another member who always got ranked last (Yesung) enjoy it for five seconds, but nah. Also important Ryeowook is so precious here, hugging his hyung.

That SNSd killed me inside. I've never watched this group before and all them look great without makeup. The comment section was worse. Why is this a thing again?

Posted

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but I have a few things to rant about:

• Jimin Park (Jamie?) sounds like a tryhard with her fake accent. I'm pretty sure she didn't grow up surrounded by people who talk with that accent. I also notice that many idols (mainly k-hip hop people) like to cuss a lot to appear bAdAss and honestly it made me physically cringe.
  • Chungha needs to stop with the plastic surgery, her botox lines are showing.
  • I might sound like a boomer but Kpop has been pretty boring with concepts recently. Back then we have a variety of concepts, but now almost all groups look and sound the same.
  • The way female and male idols being treated are super unfair. Female idols get canceled for looking the wrong direction or for embracing their sexuality, but male idols can get away even if they murder somebody, which brings me to the next point...
  • BigBang members are bystanders. I mentioned this in Jennie's thread, but they were together from when YG was a shitty, small company. Even if they weren't directly involved with Seungri's case, I think they could've done something. (OT - I saw the video of a girl being dragged, presumably forced to do sexual favor in Burning Sun, and nobody tried to help her. It haunts me to this day)
  • I get that BTS is an underdog in the industry, but so many other groups also lived in a cramped, crappy dorms with limited resources and being sworn by the public. Stop being such drama queens pls.

I should stop now. Thanks for reading lol 

Posted

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but I have a few things to rant about:

• Jimin Park (Jamie?) sounds like a tryhard with her fake accent. I'm pretty sure she didn't grow up surrounded by people who talk with that accent. I also notice that many idols (mainly k-hip hop people) like to cuss a lot to appear bAdAss and honestly it made me physically cringe.
  • Chungha needs to stop with the plastic surgery, her botox lines are showing.
  • I might sound like a boomer but Kpop has been pretty boring with concepts recently. Back then we have a variety of concepts, but now almost all groups look and sound the same.
  • The way female and male idols being treated are super unfair. Female idols get canceled for looking the wrong direction or for embracing their sexuality, but male idols can get away even if they murder somebody, which brings me to the next point...
  • BigBang members are bystanders. I mentioned this in Jennie's thread, but they were together from when YG was a shitty, small company. Even if they weren't directly involved with Seungri's case, I think they could've done something. (OT - I saw the video of a girl being dragged, presumably forced to do sexual favor in Burning Sun, and nobody tried to help her. It haunts me to this day)
  • I get that BTS is an underdog in the industry, but so many other groups also lived in a cramped, crappy dorms with limited resources and being sworn by the public. Stop being such drama queens pls.

I should stop now. Thanks for reading lol 

I agree with this so damn much. Seungri was the maknae in the group, just what the hell was going on behind the scenes for them to watch him grow up and see him become an evil person... Something terrible must’ve happened to Seungri that we don’t know about because I refuse to believe a child would do something like that when they get older without influence.