• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8444 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone else agree that this wasnt that great other than giving the middle finger to cube? There is no chemistry and the "dance" is meh. She had way better chemistry in troublemaker and to a guy she wasnt even dating.

I still think hyuna is a good performer but these days are just not her best. Ive been more of a follower than X dawn so that is why i cant say much about him.

Posted

Does anyone else agree that this wasnt that great other than giving the middle finger to cube? There is no chemistry and the "dance" is meh. She had way better chemistry in troublemaker and to a guy she wasnt even dating.

I still think hyuna is a good performer but these days are just not her best. Ive been more of a follower than X dawn so that is why i cant say much about him.

It looked lackluster,low energy and didn't really have the passion that it needed.
Didn't think the music really fit the dance either.

Posted

I dont know why but to me it looks like the majority of momoland have done plastic surgery in a non pleasing way

I always feel bad discussing plastic surgery since we're talking about someone's face but honestly... I especially feel this way about JooE.

(Spoilered photos of JooE pre-debut vs. now to not take up room)

Image result for momoland jooe predebut

Image result for momoland jooe predebut

I just assumed JooE had kind of a unique face naturally, one that wasn't super idol-ish or following Korean beauty standards. But when I saw her pre-debut photos I was like wtf? She used to look more idol-like and conventionally attractive?

I don't know what kind of surgeries she's had but something about her looks a lot more plastic-y and unnatural than her pre-debut in a negative way. I don't feel her plastic surgeon did a good job with whatever they were going for. Honestly I find it kind of sad when idols get worse with plastic surgery :( 

(PS I am just critiquing JooE's plastic surgery, not her as a person or her as an idol. Really sorry if I offended anyone.) 

Posted

I always feel bad discussing plastic surgery since we're talking about someone's face but honestly... I especially feel this way about JooE.

Hidden Content

I just assumed JooE had kind of a unique face naturally, one that wasn't super idol-ish or following Korean beauty standards. But when I saw her pre-debut photos I was like wtf? She used to look more idol-like and conventionally attractive?

I don't know what kind of surgeries she's had but something about her looks a lot more plastic-y and unnatural than her pre-debut in a negative way. I don't feel her plastic surgeon did a good job with whatever they were going for. Honestly I find it kind of sad when idols get worse with plastic surgery :( 

(PS I am just critiquing JooE's plastic surgery, not her as a person or her as an idol. Really sorry if I offended anyone.) 

wasn't she criticized a while ago for photoshopping her pics tho? the diff between those two pics looks more like photoshop to me rather than ps

Posted

Hidden Content

her old pics are angles and filters from apps (i'm guessing) snow is pretty crazy. 

Posted

wasn't she criticized a while ago for photoshopping her pics tho? the diff between those two pics looks more like photoshop to me rather than ps

her old pics are angles and filters from apps (i'm guessing) snow is pretty crazy. 

Ahh my bad, maybe she hasn't had much plastic surgery then. 

Posted

Kpop groups should STOP doing visual rankings on variety shows or just in general. No one involved thinks they're fun. The 'visual' if they don't get #1 gets passive-aggressive, the 'ugly' one gets told their ugly for the millionth time for laughs, by the end everyone is promising to go on a diet. Just ban the bullshit. 

Jfc I didn't realize this was a thing they did in variety shows. That sounds so sad and derogatory. 

This obsession with ranking everyone's visuals is absurd anyways. What a level of disrespect. I'm not saying western pop is perfect or even superior but I can't imagine this happening in western pop. No one would dare publish a list of which member of One Direction or Spice Girls is most "visual." I feel like people just kind of understand in the west that the most attractive member of a group is up to your own personal preferences. Korea has some horrifying beauty standards. 

And tbh, at the end of the day, there is really no K-pop star who is unattractive. They are all above average people for the most part, all of them have perfect skin and hairstylists and makeup artists to make them look 11/10 every day. A lot of times I like the look of the "less visual" members more since they have charmingly unique facial features, when 90% of "visuals" have the exact same big eyes, tall nose, and V-shaped jaw. 

Posted

I highly doubt heir relationship will last much longer anyway. Don't know how logistically idols (actual successful idols with busy schedules) manage healthy normal relationships anyway. They can hardly see each other, go on normal dates, their age difference/Heechul's seniority in the industry probably makes for an at best awkward dynamic... I dunno that's just my two cents on this. 

there are some korean celebs whose partner is either many years senior or many years junior and are still together and even got married it just really depends on how they work the relationship tho. two kpop idols ik who are moon hee-joon from H.O.T and so-yul from crayon pop have a 13 years age gap which is the same as heechul and momo, hee-joon is 41 while so-yul is 28 (they got together when soyul was around 23 and 24 i think) got married and have one daughter and nobody really was bothered by the age gap? maybe bc they aren't popular anymore like heechul and momo.

Posted

You see more chemistry and energy in a club between two drunk strangers, the choreo is so bad. 

Posted (edited)

Chaeyoung is sick and they really let her come out on stage. This is fucking sick. She doesn’t look okay at all 

Absolutely disgusting

Edited by jb-ist

Posted

Chaeyoung is sick and they really let her come out on stage. This is fucking sick. She doesn’t look okay at all 

Absolutely disgusting

But "jYp DoEsNt OvErWoRk IdOlS"

Posted (edited)

Jfc I didn't realize this was a thing they did in variety shows. That sounds so sad and derogatory. 

This obsession with ranking everyone's visuals is absurd anyways. What a level of disrespect. I'm not saying western pop is perfect or even superior but I can't imagine this happening in western pop. No one would dare publish a list of which member of One Direction or Spice Girls is most "visual." I feel like people just kind of understand in the west that the most attractive member of a group is up to your own personal preferences. Korea has some horrifying beauty standards. 

And tbh, at the end of the day, there is really no K-pop star who is unattractive. They are all above average people for the most part, all of them have perfect skin and hairstylists and makeup artists to make them look 11/10 every day. A lot of times I like the look of the "less visual" members more since they have charmingly unique facial features, when 90% of "visuals" have the exact same big eyes, tall nose, and V-shaped jaw. 

What's crazy to me is a lot of times in person or without makeup, idols can look so average (and not in a bad way), I just mean that fans are so used to seeing the finished product with edited fancam photos and Tumblr mess that they don't realize that up close idols can look like people? Hell before debut, a lot of them looked like regular joes anyway (again, not in a bad way) just that a good 90 percent of the time they weren't born with this seemingly unattainable beauty (T.O.P. was even overweight, a huge no no in Korea and now he's one of Korea's most sought after men). They werent ugly, they just looked like every day people , and without the glitz and glamour a lot of them still do.  Chanyeol even still had acne post debut and most people wouldn't have thought so because of the makeup and airbrushed magazine shoots and whitewash fan edits: 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.40c3425cc04cb5037f3904This was interesting to me considering Chanyeol was a big culprit of "Dark Kai" jokes and yet he also doesnt have pale skin 24/7. A lot of idols are shorter in person too, or have crooked teeth or acne scars under makeup or eye bags, just regular human traits that are nothing to be ashamed of. 

So yeah, idols definitely have people that help. I'm not even really disagreeing with your point since I don't find most idols unattractive either. I'm just agreeing that the ranking and standards are also stupid, but with a different angle, and that for idols to nitpick each other when they're all capable of getting dark circles and blemishes (cause duh they're all human) is disparaging and fans absorbing those impossible standards and editing their photos to make the idols not even look like themselves is also damaging. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

Yeah dude, I get what this dance was supposed to imply but besides the fact that they're performing this type of energy as a couple, the music felt so off and is choreographed so badly. Like, it went from what looked like contemporary dance with dubstep music in the back to straight up grinding. I love them, but they had more chemistry performing together when they were both on Triple H and none of us knew they were dating. 

Posted

Not sure if it's been said here before, but Jessi is a tryhard and her songs are mediocre (except for ssenunni - I'll admit that slapped).