• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

8134 posts in this topic

Posted

not liking BTS is no longer an unpopular opinion... because that’s the topic of discussion here like the majority of the time. people could say yeah but there are millions of army’s that like BTS, but the fact is that there’s absolutely more people that do not like BTS than there are people who do. (Like there are more people who hate kpop than people who love it). It’s not unpopular anymore my dudes...

Posted

not liking BTS is no longer an unpopular opinion... because that’s the topic of discussion here like the majority of the time. people could say yeah but there are millions of army’s that like BTS, but the fact is that there’s absolutely more people that do not like BTS than there are people who do. (Like there are more people who hate kpop than people who love it). It’s not unpopular anymore my dudes...

Are we seriously going to argue whether something is actually unpopular or not? Personally for me more people dislike armies compared to people disliking BTS itself.

Posted

Are we seriously going to argue whether something is actually unpopular or not? Personally for me more people dislike armies compared to people disliking BTS itself.

we’re not “arguing” but the thread is called *unpopular* opinions for a reason. when the topic of conversation is BTS/armies whatever, anything associated with them, it becomes mundane. but that’s my two cents and that’s all I’m gonna say 🤷🏽‍♀️

Posted

stop policing this thread. just because a lot of people HERE don't like your faves doesn't mean its not an unpopular opinion. don't like it, then shoo.

Posted

Fan wars are literally so stupid and a waste of time. Your favs are more than likely friends with members of groups you hate or at the very least are civil and respect them so why can’t that transfer over to the fans? Who are you fighting for really? Go focus that energy on hyping up your fav instead.

Posted

Hidden Content

This topic is not even about unpopular opinions anymore, it has been like a year already. 

Some idol: Hola

fans: oMg, oppar/unnir iS a SpAnIsH gOd

Yeah right lol

Posted (edited)

Can yall stop being so rude jesus is just kpop. You complain about twt fan wars and then proceed to have one. The tread's name is "unpopular kpop opinions " not " let's shit on bts "

sounds like people disliking bts is unpopular with you lmao, if you don't like it, don't read it. 

also this thread has become more of a vent kpop thread than anything else, for like...a year at least.jfc what is it with armchairs infesting both these forums AND lolcow. go thirst over your favs on twitter like normal people, can't even fucking rant on an anonymous forum/image board anymore without hearing whining from you weirdos. 

A lot of time I'm more attracted to the non-visuals of groups rather than the visual. I always like people with unique looks more than someone who just has a conventionally attractive "perfect" face. I think things like unique eye shapes, slightly crooked noses, and so on are charming rather than ugly.

Like not to dish on Twice's Tzuyu but she just looks boring to me. She looks "pretty" to me and nothing more. A lot of the other members have interesting facial features, like Nayeon's bunny teeth and chubby cheeks, and I find them far cuter/more interesting to look at than Tzuyu. Tzuyu just looks like what you'd expect a visual to look like. 

(Not trying to roast Tzuyu as a member of Twice, this is just my opinion on her appearance.) 

i kinda feel the same way for a lot of "hyped" korean visuals, like cha eunwoo. he's so basic and boring to me like...by no means is he ugly but i really wouldn't look twice at him. can't even remember what he looks like honestly, the rest of astro members have way more interesting faces. 

Edited by vader_chan

Posted

I can’t believe that there are *still* kpop fans that say “should’ve stanned...[x group]” whenever a western musician dies. It’s actually disgusting.

Posted

I can’t believe that there are *still* kpop fans that say “should’ve stanned...[x group]” whenever a western musician dies. It’s actually disgusting.

Who tf does that? 😨 Imagine the riot if pop stans did this with kpop, specially lately, wow tf

Posted

Katy Perry being old and making a joke about armies being children is whatever, but then armies actually acting like children because they got their feelings hurt? Lmao
Some armies are waaay too serious, who cares what Katy freaking Perry thinks. Relax.

Posted

Someone should just change this thread name to We hate Armies (and BTS) because that's all y'all ever "vent" about. 

Posted

Someone should just change this thread name to We hate Armies (and BTS) because that's all y'all ever "vent" about. 

It's always easier to blame someone else than to accept that their fav group didn't win anything because they're just not as popular (since award shows are not about the music but about popularity) and armies are an easy target as well. I do think nearly all people here who complain about armies realise that it's just a small portion of them being childish, delusional teens, but the fact is that they're extremely loud unfortunately. You don't have to complain about the normal ones and no one here does.It's just about the armies that need to simmer down.
I do agree though, this tread is very much anti army/bts and sometimes the reasons are really superficial and flatout dumb. But you are allowed to put your opinion on here as well. Look I'll say something that is incredibly unpopular here;
I really liked the bts performance at MMA. I'm such a loser for big performances and sets. I love all the solo moments.
The only thing I wasn't okay with were the horses, other than that great performance and props and huge respect to everyone who worked on it.

Posted

Dont lie lmao literally the past few weeks the topics on this thread were about award show voting, concept preferences, the shitshow thats going on with monsta x, the industry and girl groups. The only reason why this thread is getting clogged up with bts/army shit right now is because once again a few people posted some not so positve opinions on bts/armys, so all the armys on this site flock to the posts to either argue about why these opinions are wrong, mass downvote the opinion or to fill the thread with victimising statements like "yall hate bts for no reason" or "this thread should be called the 'i hate bts' thread". Yall do this every time there's more than one post about your faves on the latest page that you dont like. Funnily enough i have never seen other kpop stans on here do this, like there are so many posts talking about how shitty ncts music is or howblinks/gg stans are awful but I have yet to see fans say shit like "yall just love to hate on nct" or "this thread should be called the 'i HaTe bLiNkS' thread😡" This thread is full of negative and petty opinions about almost every popular kpop group but its almost always Armys that start kicking up a fuss. Come on.

Posted

On the other side of the house, i find it interesting how we have Blackpink thread but not BTS thread.

....But then, it would be spammed hard by hardcore armies protecting their faves. That would be a headache lol.

Posted

Personally I like bts and don’t really care about most of the unpopular opinions on them over here - in fact there are a few I actually agree with - but I just don’t understand why none of you go to the bts discussion thread for that?? Especially because to me it seems like it’s always the same few people rephrasing and reposting the same four opinions again and again and again and again. Like, we get it: you think they’re overhyped, armies are shit, their music has gone down in quality, etc. Now go and throw these opinions back and forth at each other in the bts thread. Imagine if I suddenly started posting my blackpink opinions over here, even though there’s a thread for that. "Guys I think bp recycles their music" One week later "Guys I think bp recycles their music" Two weeks later "Guys I think bp recycles their music" Another week later "Guys I think bp recycles their music", and then get offended at ThEsE BL0NKS for telling me to stop clogging the thread.