• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kpop Unpopular Opinions (K-POP Edition)

10102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sometimes K-pop just feels disingenuine to me.

Boy, do I have news for you....

It's all fake. 

Edited by jeykehey

Posted

I’m sorry I feel out of the loop, can you explain?

Probably refering to the award shit show being 99% BTS and TXT

Posted

very ironic. remember when at an award show (cant remember which) the producer said that they would give awards more fairly from then on? 

Posted

very ironic. remember when at an award show (cant remember which) the producer said that they would give awards more fairly from then on? 

I think that was MAMA the same year EXO was crying? Or was it another? 

Posted

negl, this was basically how it was with other groups like EXO and Big Bang when they were in their prime, because award shows love kissing up to whatever the biggest company in the industry is at the moment.

kinda funny tho how the same people who brag about how many daesangs/awards whatever their faves have won are the same ones suddenly getting annoyed over kpop being a monopoly as if it’s something new. MIMS

Posted

Boy, do I have news for you....

It's all fake. 

That's literally what I said in my comment but thanks ;)

Also the point of my comment was that things like "girl crush" aren't in style because the 50 year old male producers are feminists and want to spread a good message, it's because right now "feminism" is something we can commodify and sell to young girls with open wallets.

Kpop has realized that women are a bigger marketplace than men and that's why there's suddenly no more super sexy girl groups. AOA went from bootylicious to fierce gunslingers when they realized that's where the $$$ is in 2019. You can still view it as a good change but it's still just capitalism at the end of the day, unfortunately not people trying to spread a wholesome message through music.

Posted

negl, this was basically how it was with other groups like EXO and Big Bang when they were in their prime, because award shows love kissing up to whatever the biggest company in the industry is at the moment.

Hidden Content

Never heard of EXO or Big Bang getting a +30 min stage tho?

Posted

Never heard of EXO or Big Bang getting a +30 min stage tho?

so that you don't have to look it up, longest BB stage was 22mins in 2015. BTS keep getting almost 40 minutes stages. Plus BigBang stage was performance, half of BTS stage is pretentious shitty VCR they keep recycling, like, at least perform for the people there,damn. 

Hidden Content

true, and the fact they still wanna play the "underdog" card is hilarious....thank god for twitter mute button!

Posted

Stray kids just be releasing high budget mvs to release high budget mvs. Can jyp just release one mv per comeback.... they’re turning into jyp’s nct.... also felix’s rap in that immortal songs performance was notttt good at all...

Posted (edited)

true, and the fact they still wanna play the "underdog" card is hilarious....thank god for twitter mute button!

I think you misunderstood my comment lol - I’m referring to exo fans (and Big Bang fans too I guess). Now that another group is on top, and they’re getting all the awards like their faves also were getting in their prime, they’re suddenly complaining that award shows are just handing out awards to the biggest groups/companies now. Because like that’s not ever happened before (!)

Edited by staycalmdouche

Posted

I think you misunderstood my comment lol - I’m referring to exo fans (and Big Bang fans too I guess). Now that another group is on top, and they’re getting all the awards like their faves also were getting in their prime, they’re suddenly complaining that award shows are just handing out awards to the biggest groups/companies now. Because like that’s not ever happened (!)

exo has never gotten every single daesang in an award show; the most is album of the year dude

Posted

exo has never gotten every single daesang in an award show; the most is album of the year dude

I didn’t say they had. This is ridiculous too, but let’s not act like award shows have only just started handing out awards to groups because they’re big/are from big companies 🤦🏾‍♀️ this is nothing new. they’re just upping the ante. 

Posted (edited)

but exo never got as big as bts either and they were the biggest in korea before bts exploded (and bb until they left) lol. its different. i do think the daesangs shouldve been split up tho. chung ha shouldve won one :alpacaworry:

Edited by miny

Posted

but exo never got as big as bts either and they were the biggest in korea before bts exploded (and bb until they left) lol. its different. i do think the daesangs shouldve been split up tho. chung ha shouldve won one :alpacaworry:

imagine saying exo was never as big as bts, alright NEXT TOPIC

Posted

imagine saying exo was never as big as bts, alright NEXT TOPIC

lmao. im talking about the massive worldwide popularity that bts has gotten that exo didn't.

a big reason for that is that social media has changed a lot in just a few years and it's been a huge advantage for bts and helped them get where they are now. even if its the bandwagon effect too, exo didn't explode that way so idk what ur mad about cus it's true ?